webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yes, okey. You are perfectly right that it can be a bad explaination of a much more complicated situation. As you say people in power must be more diplomatic and set examples of good conduct, but wouldn´t it be preferable that ordinary people also has to show a certain part of dipomacy och good conduct. That´s where the problem lays today. The understanding of people regarding following rules, show interest of state and governing and the understanding of how democracy works is very poor. Until the people understnd about democracy and let´s a sitting government rule for the elected period, all the things applied by the military now is necessary for educating the population in understnding and following rules. That´s why they have to go in and be a group that define what´s offensive or not, due to the lack of understanding.

Umh, but it is the military who have prevented a sitting  (elected) government from governing for it's "elected period", twice, arguably three times, in a decade.

As for understanding how democracy works, well a central tennet of democracy is the right to disagree with the government and to say so. This "cyber warfare outfit" is being set up to prevent just that!

Edited by JAG

10 minutes ago, JAG said:

Umh, but it is the military who have prevented a sitting  (elected) government from governing for it's "elected period", twice, arguably three times, in a decade.

As for understanding how democracy works, well a central tennet of democracy is the right to disagree with the government and to say so. This "cyber warfare outfit" is being set up to prevent just that!

I suggest you read the information in Bangkok Post about the cyber warfare unit, like you name it, and you will come to a clearer picture of the main purpose.

Duh! Is it the military that have prevbented elected goverment sitting for the period they are elected????? Maby a sheep run away or something? Just a fair question after that deluted comment.

So you don´t think that it is the people that have created a situation with violence, riots, killings, bombings and shutting down the airport and roads that created a military intervention?
I truly believe that it´s the people that can not let the government rule for it´s elected period, and the the military coup is a result out of that. Otherwise it would be a state in anarchy right now.

By all means. Please explain how you think about it. Maby you manage to make me believe and change to a much better person.

8 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I suggest you read the information in Bangkok Post about the cyber warfare unit, like you name it, and you will come to a clearer picture of the main purpose.

Duh! Is it the military that have prevbented elected goverment sitting for the period they are elected????? Maby a sheep run away or something? Just a fair question after that deluted comment.

So you don´t think that it is the people that have created a situation with violence, riots, killings, bombings and shutting down the airport and roads that created a military intervention?
I truly believe that it´s the people that can not let the government rule for it´s elected period, and the the military coup is a result out of that. Otherwise it would be a state in anarchy right now.

By all means. Please explain how you think about it. Maby you manage to make me believe and change to a much better person.

Sir, in my opinion you have 'Plant' written all over you.

6 minutes ago, baboon said:

Sir, in my opinion you have 'Plant' written all over you.

Sorry, I am not so modern. What is "Plant"? Or maby I missed that one in my english lessons. Would you be kind to explain to me, so that I can understnd what you just comment.

Maby you mean:  A person placed in a group as a spy or informer.

Wrong! Asolutely not. Just airing my opinion.

Other mening can be:  a living organism of the kind exemplified by trees, shrubs, herbs, grasses, ferns, and mosses, typically growing in a permanent site, absorbing water and inorganic substances through its roots, and synthesizing nutrients in its leaves by photosynthesis using the green pigment chlorophyll.

In that case, I will just inform you about not nourish me so much and plaese don´t give me more water to the discussion. LOL

Edited by Get Real
Extra info

16 hours ago, mki8 said:

so basically they have set up a building with 200 employees, searching facebook for posts they dont like

In a word YU'P.....

The econemy isn't a problem for those in power as they have more money than Imelda Marcos can spend on shoes.

The market price for rice isn't a problem for them coz YL caused it.

The flooding after the junta have had power for the last 2 and a half years is also YL fault.

The health of the nation isn't their problem as they have the best health insurance in the country.

Education isn't their problem as they send their kid's to other countris to study.

Corruption isn't their problem as they have the mother of all imunity's

The tuth isn't a problem as they have "Attitud adjustment's"

Political opponents isn't a problem as they have millitary courts.

And if there is a problem then the junta leader has a nice 44 that'll fix it real quick...

Hey look no problems ok... 

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Indeed, but the main tenet is that for a Democracy to work you need people who can make informed decisions. If what you have is a populous wadding in misinformation whether they can disagree with the government or not is meaningless.

I wish people would care about not creating or allowing to fester an environment that leads to backlash like the one on the OP, very few people care about epistemic responsibility, every one complains when the consequences of that come home to roost.

If Get Real is interested in history he/she might like to review many public comments from Jewish citizens living in Nazi Germany for many years leading up to WW2.  So many leaped to the defence of nazi activism and policies with a similar line of thinking, about how "public unrest" needed strong control to avoid anarchy, riots in the streets etc.  Many foolishly believed a militaristic harsh  rule of authority was just the thing needed to ensure civilised people could feel safe in Germany during a decade or more of political unrest while new political power arrangements were being created.  Once power was firmly in the control of a new military elite, guess which blinded group seeking safety under the umbrella of safety provided for the citizenry became the new targets, "enemies of the State"?  Be careful what you wish for, Get Real.  History rarely teaches wisdom, because people are so willing to forget its lessons.  I would be the first to support a strong military organisation that protects a nation's citizenry, but oppression is not protection.  Is that the case in Thailand? I don't know enough aboutThai society to have an opinion.  That's for Thais to decide or themselves, since they'll have to live with their choices.

Indeed, but the main tenet is that for a Democracy to work you need people who can make informed decisions. If what you have is a populous wadding in misinformation whether they can disagree with the government or not is meaningless.
I wish people would care about not creating or allowing to fester an environment that leads to backlash like the one on the OP, very few people care about epistemic responsibility, every one complains when the consequences of that come home to roost.

The definition of misinformation in this context is totally subjective.

The junta believes any opinion published anywhere which does not slavishly support them and their policies is misinformation. This "unit" is intended to close that down.

1 hour ago, aussieinthailand said:

In a word YU'P.....

The econemy isn't a problem for those in power as they have more money than Imelda Marcos can spend on shoes.

The market price for rice isn't a problem for them coz YL caused it.

The flooding after the junta have had power for the last 2 and a half years is also YL fault.

The health of the nation isn't their problem as they have the best health insurance in the country.

Education isn't their problem as they send their kid's to other countris to study.

Corruption isn't their problem as they have the mother of all imunity's

The tuth isn't a problem as they have "Attitud adjustment's"

Political opponents isn't a problem as they have millitary courts.

And if there is a problem then the junta leader has a nice 44 that'll fix it real quick...

Hey look no problems ok... 

There may be a problem one day.

Information technology and the way it is used is like so many things in this society evolving.

I once read - I forget where - that if you stop a society evolving, in order to maintain the status quo of a particular small group, sooner or later someone may decide to put an "r" in front of evolution.

Article 44 and all the Cyber Warfare Units in the universe won't be much help then...

12 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Line claims the chats are encrypted. 

Most chat clients that use data are encrypted one way or another. A simple Google search will tell you more than you ever wanted to know. What the Thai government is seeking is a way to decrypt the chat or have Line feed them decrypted chats. What's in it for Line? The love of our dear Generalissimo?

49 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Line claims the chats are encrypted. 

Ok! I understand the point that you are trying to make. Unfortunately it´s not wise to put your believes in that kind of claim.

If someone can encrypt information, there has always been people that can decrypt the same, by creating an decryption key.

Maby that is something that the authorities here can´t do. I know nothing about how far they are in their knowledge regarding
that subject. Probably nobody know because that information is not out to the public.

However, if there is one thing I know is that there are people out there with the knowledge, and they always sell their services to the highest bidder.
Maby they use that if Line not approve of sharing the information.

Just a fair warning. Never trust a company or someone that says something is encrypted and not readable, or not saved on their servers.
The information is always available somewhere.

What  a load of bullcrap. They don't have the brains to solve simple balcony deaths and now they want to match it with the worlds smartest. Dream on Khun Baa

Baha like anyone gives a crap about alcoholic mentally unstable farang launching themselves, I certainly don't why would they? Close down all the beer bars and ban hookers and 99% of broken heart deaths solved..

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Baha like anyone gives a crap about alcoholic mentally unstable farang launching themselves, I certainly don't why would they? Close down all the beer bars and ban hookers and 99% of broken heart deaths solved..

Ööööh! You just managed to bring down the tourist income in Thailand by 50 %, but it´s ok. Nobody fell of any balcony and killed themselfs dead! LOL

Ööööh! You just managed to bring down the tourist income in Thailand by 50 %, but it´s ok. Nobody fell of any balcony and killed themselfs dead! LOL

No I want them to build more gogos! Pattaya is the biggest brothel on the planet and stupid farangs start believing the girl friend experience.. I would have though there would be a lot more suicides.

Does the odd one go over by being pushed sure it happens everywhere even in the West and even with far superior resources it's extremely tough to prove

Just now, mcfish said:

No I want them to build more gogos! Pattaya is the biggest brothel on the planet and stupid farangs start believing the girl friend experience.. I would have though there would be a lot more suicides.

Does the odd one go over by being pushed sure it happens everywhere and it's extremely tough to prove

After your comment it will surely be. Oh my god! What does the man mean?? There is no girlfriend experience..:shock1:...what should I do with my life.... ??? I better drink a couple of beers, felle sorry for my self and end the misery. :burp:

After your comment it will surely be. Oh my god! What does the man mean?? There is no girlfriend experience..:shock1:...what should I do with my life.... ??? I better drink a couple of beers, felle sorry for my self and end the misery. :burp:

I said 99%of broken heart deaths, not all are though a large portion are through alcoholism and depression, a few are launched anyway enough from me there are a thousand posts elsewhere and this thread isn't about suicides

4 hours ago, sandemara said:

If Get Real is interested in history he/she might like to review many public comments from Jewish citizens living in Nazi Germany for many years leading up to WW2.  So many leaped to the defence of nazi activism and policies with a similar line of thinking, about how "public unrest" needed strong control to avoid anarchy, riots in the streets etc.  Many foolishly believed a militaristic harsh  rule of authority was just the thing needed to ensure civilised people could feel safe in Germany during a decade or more of political unrest while new political power arrangements were being created.  Once power was firmly in the control of a new military elite, guess which blinded group seeking safety under the umbrella of safety provided for the citizenry became the new targets, "enemies of the State"?  Be careful what you wish for, Get Real.  History rarely teaches wisdom, because people are so willing to forget its lessons.  I would be the first to support a strong military organisation that protects a nation's citizenry, but oppression is not protection.  Is that the case in Thailand? I don't know enough aboutThai society to have an opinion.  That's for Thais to decide or themselves, since they'll have to live with their choices.

Actually I am interested in history ,society and economy. By the way, Get Real is offcourse a man. What woman would talk like me?

I just have to refer to the latest check about confidence for the government. This is a anonymous test that was made, and around 60-65 percent of the people asked were happy with the ruling military government.
They were also asked if there was an election and the same government could be woted for, and also there the answer was over 50 persent positive.

I also do not know what the Thais think in general. The question though is why we that comes to Thailand as visitors, because that´s what we all are, should have so much problem if the Thais don´t have?

40 minutes ago, mcfish said:

I said 99%of broken heart deaths, not all are though a large portion are through alcoholism and depression, a few are launched anyway enough from me there are a thousand posts elsewhere and this thread isn't about suicides

Hey, Dude! Don´t you understand that I was making a bit of a sarcastic joke. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

36 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Actually I am interested in history ,society and economy. By the way, Get Real is offcourse a man. What woman would talk like me?

I just have to refer to the latest check about confidence for the government. This is a anonymous test that was made, and around 60-65 percent of the people asked were happy with the ruling military government.
They were also asked if there was an election and the same government could be woted for, and also there the answer was over 50 persent positive.

I also do not know what the Thais think in general. The question though is why we that comes to Thailand as visitors, because that´s what we all are, should have so much problem if the Thais don´t have?

Because most of us were brought up in a society, where we enjoy freedom of expression, press and speech and we are not wai'ing ourselves through traffic and fall to our knees, in praise, just because someone is higher up in the social hierarchy than we are...duh!

I think - by the way- you are Thai! And you are a plant!

Just now, DM07 said:

Because most of us were brought up in a society, where we enjoy freedom of expression, press and speech and we are not wai'ing ourselves through traffic and fall to our knees, in praise, just because someone is higher up in the social hierarchy than we are...duh!

I think - by the way- you are Thai! And you are a plant!

You see what dreams people can make up. From where do you get that I am a Thai? Even if that would be better to not have to do the 90 day visa trips, but that is not the case.

Your comment here is just pure garbage and nonsense. My question still stands. Why would you need to have a problem as a visitor in this country, when most of the Thais don´t have?
For your information: You never have to bow to anyone. You never have to stand on your knees. You really don´t have to bother with, or engage in the political situaton as you are a visitor.

The only thing your have to do to is make a joyful live for yourself, and to carefully choose a country with a system and rules that you can accept and live with. I am just so amazed over how
many people it is that choose to live in misery and complain everyday instead of doing something about it. Maby there is a country for you too somewhere, I sincerely hope so, but it doesn´t
seem like Thailand is on that list. Best Regards & Good Luck.

53 minutes ago, Get Real said:

You see what dreams people can make up. From where do you get that I am a Thai? Even if that would be better to not have to do the 90 day visa trips, but that is not the case.

Your comment here is just pure garbage and nonsense. My question still stands. Why would you need to have a problem as a visitor in this country, when most of the Thais don´t have?
For your information: You never have to bow to anyone. You never have to stand on your knees. You really don´t have to bother with, or engage in the political situaton as you are a visitor.

The only thing your have to do to is make a joyful live for yourself, and to carefully choose a country with a system and rules that you can accept and live with. I am just so amazed over how
many people it is that choose to live in misery and complain everyday instead of doing something about it. Maby there is a country for you too somewhere, I sincerely hope so, but it doesn´t
seem like Thailand is on that list. Best Regards & Good Luck.

"If you don't like it - go home!" (Sorry - couldn't resist it :smile: 

6 minutes ago, sambum said:

:cheesy:

Yep. I know. First agree with people complaining over things they not need to do or think about to have a good life here.
After that rolling on the floor laughing your ass off. That just sums it up. No more comment needed.

22 hours ago, wealthychef said:

I think the comments to this article are disrupting social order and must be suppressed.  I remember interviewing for a job in Saudi Arabia and being denied because I failed the "social interview" which basically was supposed to establish that I'm sheeplike enough to accept their oppressive societal norms without question.  I wonder how long I'll last in "wild and crazy Thailand" if I'm not allowed to voice a simple opinion online.    

I don't know. You might be here for years and years.   15 years is a common term for one type of social failing.

5 hours ago, mcfish said:

Enough guys die back home of broken hearts, suicide by vehicle, depression & alcohol after dealing with messy marriage break-ups, alimony & loss of access to their kids after trumped (pun not intended) up charges.   Keep the bars open.  Some guys are too messed up to risk it all again in some western femi-nazi run democracies.  Many come here for a blow out and are too busy enjoying themselves to get involved in pointless (risky) social media politicking!

Edited by The Deerhunter