Hydrogen peroxide

Guderian

I'm looking for a bottle of hydrogen peroxide. maybe around a pint or a half litre or so. No, I haven't got ambitions to become a blonde, it's used in a mixture of things to clean stains off a mattress. Other ingredients are liquid soap and baking soda, well I know where to get those, but I can't say that I've ever seen hydrogen peroxide - but then, I've never looked for it to be honest.

Does anybody know where to get a household-size quantity, as opposed to industrial amounts? Is it available in the Pattaya supermarkets under a Thai brand name, perhaps? Or would I have more luck in a DIY store?

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Does anybody know where to get a household-size quantity, as opposed to industrial amounts?

you might get lucky in a shop for pool supplies. but they sell usually only by container (25 liters ~1,100 Baht). if you live in the Pattaya area PM me, drop by and get your required quantity free of charge. i use H²O² as a pool water sanitiser instead of chlorine.

Nooooo.......55555....

For cleaning purposes go to Friendship, don't buy the medical stuff..... Next to HAITER/Bleach you will see yellow plastic bottles, bit smaller and imprinted with colored shirts etc. They call it color-proof bleach. But it is Peroxide. The one with the orange cap is 7.5%, you can read on bottle small print all the way down in the Thai stuff.  Very cheap. It will not hurt your skin, nose & lung and NOT destroy fabrics or anything usually. Have cleaned pretty much everything with this stuff in many years. Removes also mold, but takes a bit longer than Bleach. Do not dilute. It also smells pleasant as some perfume added. Once cleaned an entire studio with blood  on walls, floor, mattresses, lamp-shades etc. etc. after a bad accident of the tenant with this product. Apply with sponge, often stains just disappear. Or repeat and leave it on. I also do the shower once a week, just apply and leave until next shower....Will try to post picture later....now....This is the big bottle, there is a smaller one for about 45 baht!  Good luck cleaning.  MS>

20160808_170731.jpg

Edited by moonseeker
Attach photo

19 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

Nooooo.......55555....

For cleaning purposes go to Friendship, don't buy the medical stuff..... Next to HAITER/Bleach you will see yellow plastic bottles, bit smaller and imprinted with colored shirts etc. They call it color-proof bleach. But it is Peroxide. The one with the orange cap is 7.5%, you can read on bottle small print all the way down in the Thai stuff.  Very cheap. It will not hurt your skin, nose & lung and NOT destroy fabrics or anything usually. Have cleaned pretty much everything with this stuff in many years. Removes also mold, but takes a bit longer than Bleach. Do not dilute. It also smells pleasant as some perfume added. Once cleaned an entire studio with blood  on walls, floor, mattresses, lamp-shades etc. etc. after a bad accident of the tenant with this product. Apply with sponge, often stains just disappear. Or repeat and leave it on. I also do the shower once a week, just apply and leave until next shower....Will try to post picture later....now....This is the big bottle, there is a smaller one for about 45 baht!  Good luck cleaning.  MS>

20160808_170731.jpg

Thanks, that looks like it should do the trick. The recipe I got from the internet for removing blood, sweat and tears (and other bodily fluids!) calls for:

3 Tablespoons Baking Soda
8 ounces Hydrogen peroxide
1 drop dish soap

Do you think that would be better than using the hydrogen peroxide on its own?

As far as I can tell the Thai name for this product is 'Haiyeen', which is presumably an attempt to transliterate 'Hygiene'. Seems fair enough given the product's uses.

I should be in Friendship tomorrow so Ill look for a bottle then.

1 hour ago, Naam said:

you might get lucky in a shop for pool supplies. but they sell usually only by container (25 liters ~1,100 Baht). if you live in the Pattaya area PM me, drop by and get your required quantity free of charge. i use H²O² as a pool water sanitiser instead of chlorine.

Thanks for the kind offer, Naam, but I'll be in Friendship tomorrow anyway so it's simplest if I just pick up a bottle of the stuff recommended by moonseeker below.