clothing store for large men

sirbrinkie

17 hours ago, sirbrinkie said:

where can I buy shorts/pants size 44 or 46 - any info most welcome

There's a bright, safety orange pair of cargo shorts, size 60 at the aforementioned XL shop.

There's also the chain of 71 Export shops but notably they seem to carry less 'big farang' sizes than previously; one located in Central Festival anyway.

1 hour ago, moonseeker said:

I believe there is still a small shop in VILLA-AVENUE at the entrance on the side Used to have good prices. Regards. M.

I bought some shorts there, size 38 but consequently found the same item around half their price at other outlets. Caveat emptor.

13 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Central Festival 3rd or 4th floor XL shop

XL was never actually literally about XL sizes.

I never understood why they chose that misleading name for their brand. 

I also don't understand how the increasing number of larger Thais manage to cover their asses with cloth. It's not as if most Thais can afford to have all their clothes custom tailored. Most of my clothes are imported. I'm a "normal" sized American ... but here, it's needle in a haystack time to find decent clothes my size.

Years ago as I saw Thais get bigger and bigger every year, I reckoned the market would start serving that market better. It has not happened. 

The prices at that shop near Villa are absurd.

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

There's a bright, safety orange pair of cargo shorts, size 60 at the aforementioned XL shop.

There's also the chain of 71 Export shops but notably they seem to carry less 'big farang' sizes than previously; one located in Central Festival anyway.

Shorts size 60 ??:cheesy:Are some asses really that big?:whistling:

Not appalling at all good quality had shirt/tee shirts/Shorts from there for years still going strong. and nicely priced but of course if you prefer to pay more for tat wherever you shop that fine

You see the same copy designs they sold 15 years ago there.

hand tailoring can be had for a very reasonable price - might be nice for a little extra to have your clothes tailor made... I just got a price from my local sewing shop inside the temple for 100 baht per shirt, I supply the fabric and I also brought in a shirt that has a unique style that I would never be able to find these days... 

Nightbazar (Made in Thailand) on 2. Road opposite Central Festival. Some shops have a lot of Xl - 6XL clothes. Ask for big size!!! ;-)

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9325939,100.8837561,3a,75y,87.73h,77.9t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sryg2toiW0snKR_dUApjzgw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en&authuser=0

Edited by snowgard

2 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Not appalling at all good quality had shirt/tee shirts/Shorts from there for years still going strong. and nicely priced but of course if you prefer to pay more for tat wherever you shop that fine

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You see the same copy designs they sold 15 years ago there.

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Wasn't questioning that.

So what are you questioning??????

1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

Funny how when people get flustered and annoyed that other people know these long words they use they only quote half of your origional post.

I assumed you knew but that's not how I would have translated it in the context I used it.

I cut your post totally appropriately because I was only replying to the part that I included.

But I can see you just want to argue for the sake of argument. Life's too short.

Welcome to my ignore list. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I assumed you knew but that's not how I would have translated it in the context I used it.

I cut your post totally appropriately because I was only replying to the part that I included.

But I can see you just want to argue for the sake of argument. Life's too short.

Welcome to my ignore list. 

13 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I'm tall so I have to order all my pants online.  

Everyone tells me about "Big and Tall" stores, but they're for *fat* guys who are also tall.  I think the minimum waist size is 40 or maybe 42...

Well, to be fair, they are "Big AND Tall" stores, not "Big OR Tall" stores.  :whistling:

2 hours ago, akentryan said:

If you don't mind used in good condition I have a couple of dozen of each in 44 and 46. Dockers, jeans, shirts you name it. I lost 50 kg that I am not likely to gain back. Price would be very cheap.

Sorry to be off topic....but how did you lose 50 Kilos? Many would honestly like to know. 

For big sized shirts, I buy three meters(long sleeve) of whatever fabric I like, usually 100-120 Baht per meter, and have the shirt made(providing a shirt to copy size wise) for another 200 Baht. A total of about 500 Baht and you have a tailor made shirt which fits. You can, if you have an ounce of sense, dictate things like the button threads be double looped or you can just take your chances like so many other idiots. Several places behind Tuk Com. No need in using "tailor" shops, go direct to the Thai people. For pants, 500 Baht to make them plus the cost of fabric. With shorts, plenty available in the markets "Super Jumbo" size with elastic waists. You can insert better elastic bands using cords which are elastic if so inclined. Additionally, you can add zippers to the pockets if so inclined to prevent pick pocketing on the Song Tow's or loss due to careless drunken conduct in a brothel or getting in/out/on/off anything. Zippers work miracles for fat guys and girls. If only the thin males would keep their zippers up we could go through live in Paradise here without all the urine on the streets.