clothing store for large men

sirbrinkie

4 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

....... You can, if you have an ounce of sense, dictate things like the button threads be double looped or you can just take your chances like so many other idiots..........

OK.......and what other things would you ask for ?

I know new shirts sew an extra button so if you lose one you have a matching button to replace , 

but what other things ????

I like that the pattern of the pocket matches the shirt , actually I like 2 pockets 

not sure about the collar , button down or not

and square bottom so you do not tuck it in.......

but this seems like more than the local back street seamstress could do........

16 minutes ago, BKKdreaming said:

I know new shirts sew an extra button so if you lose one you have a matching button to replace , 

I like that the pattern of the pocket matches the shirt , actually I like 2 pockets 

If she's copying from a sample shirt or even a picture (from google?), she can get it right.

1 hour ago, BKKdreaming said:

As for buttons, there are two ways to do it. Look at your own shirts and you will see the difference. The good way takes longer and requires a stronger/thicker gauge thread. Not much longer, but a few precious seconds. At the conclusion, you won't have buttons falling off with a simple tug. You know what I mean Vern? The buttons are secure. 

Other things? There is a method of double stitching along the hem/center. This prevents problems with appearance. We refer to dress style shirts here, not polo. I know nothing about polo style. The little 1/4 inch border is what I mean by "hem". 

Pattern match never been an issue. They know that, but remind them I suppose. I don't get many plaid shirts preferring solids. Solid color makes fat people look thinner. Patterns expose the fat person's "fat". Two pockets also not a problem, just tell them. 

Collar again, just tell them. Same with tail, straight or tapered. 

Finding someone willing to listen, wanting to do it right, is more of a challenge than the work itself. 

Be prepared to just do one and tell them if a good job, several more will be ordered. 

Pants are hit and miss, not all do pants as more complicated. But again, if you find a good person, give them some custom. I don't want to post the exact location here as it will result in the usual onslaught of cheap charlies worried about saving 20 Baht. 

God Bless You and O O. 

New and 'unusual' place for large size clothing

Decathlon sporting goods store just opened in Tesco North Pattaya

Although a sports store, they have some pants and shirts in their outdoors range that's quite suitable for casual wear

Being a French brand, although most of their clothes are made in Asia like Vietnam and Bangladesh

their size is more generous than most Thai brands, XL is huge and it goes up to 4-5XL in some case