Easy Pass and M-Pass now combined - anyone tried it yet?

Familyonthemove

News report yesterday said that the Expressway Easy Pass and Motorway M-Pass cards are now interchangeable - anyone tried to use an Easy Pass card in the M-Pass toll-way booth yet?

I don't want to be 'that person' who causes a huge queue by backing up out of the auto toll booth after finding my card wont work!

It's not the card that does the business but the OBU (On Board Unit) or tag that sits up by your mirror.

Not tried it personally, but a mate has reported that an EasyPass tag works just fine in an M-Pass lane.

10 hours ago, Crossy said:

It's not the card that does the business but the OBU (On Board Unit) or tag that sits up by your mirror.

Not tried it personally, but a mate has reported that an EasyPass tag works just fine in an M-Pass lane.

Ah yes - I used the wrong description - my box on the windscreen is Easy Pass, the card is just for top up at 7-11.  Good to hear they work OK in M-Pass, as I didn't want to get a second OBU stuck on the screen.    Thanks

Tried it to and from the northeast on the outer-ring road from the airport at the weekend and the easypass worked no probs (same can't be said for the traffic yesterday - 7hrs from khorat to BKK for a 4.5 hr journey, many traffic jams but the main one was in on Route 9 in Thanyaburi - avoid it and go the old route through rangsit on the elevated through BKK)

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Tried it to and from the northeast on the outer-ring road from the airport at the weekend and the easypass worked no probs (same can't be said for the traffic yesterday - 7hrs from khorat to BKK for a 4.5 hr journey, many traffic jams but the main one was in on Route 9 in Thanyaburi - avoid it and go the old route through rangsit on the elevated through BKK)

Bit late now but use 'Maps' on your phone and it will advise the best route at the time.

20 hours ago, yankee99 said:

Can i remove one of them (I have both)  and put in the wifes cars without any issues ? 

I don't see why not.  You have the card to top up each, and you don't need both now.

When you bought them originally you will have provided personal and car details - not sure if you need to swap the details over to the other car - but I doubt it as people must buy new cars and move the unit all the time.

Also - if you don't remove one, you may end up paying twice each time you go through a tollbooth?

21 minutes ago, Familyonthemove said:

Also - if you don't remove one, you may end up paying twice each time you go through a tollbooth?

No, I tried that, in my case it charged the newest device from M Pass

After that I put the MPass in the glovebox and it charged the Easy pass device

So both work in both boots