Yingluck Sells Rice at Bangkok Mall as Prices Falling

rooster59

Just now, lucky11 said:

You can be impeached after leaving office and there was no one more deserving of this than Yingluck!!

Right, because executing a policy backed up by 300 elected members of parliament is so much worse than staging a coup and executing policies without any mandate whatsoever. I can think of quite a few persons deserving an impeachment and lenghty jail term, but we all know an amnesty enshrined into their own provisional constitution, carried over to the next one, will prevent that.

Oh the irony !

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

Right, because executing a policy backed up by 300 elected members of parliament is so much worse than staging a coup and executing policies without any mandate whatsoever. I can think of quite a few persons deserving an impeachment and lenghty jail term, but we all know an amnesty enshrined into their own provisional constitution, carried over to the next one, will prevent that.

Oh the irony !

......and you would have preferred to see Thailand bankrupted by a selfish tycoon criminal that bought his way to power and then repeated it with his (zero) political experienced young sister that was so far out of her depth that she drowned on the same day she took over the reigns!!

4 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

......and you would have preferred to see Thailand bankrupted by a selfish tycoon criminal that bought his way to power and then repeated it with his (zero) political experienced young sister that was so far out of her depth that she drowned on the same day she took over the reigns!!

That selfish tycoon criminal could always have been voted out of office. A small fact you Junta huggers seem to always miss. As for Thailand being bankrupted, the current administration isn't doing a stellar job when the economy is concerned (and that is putting it mildly) meanwhile all the perks of the previous administration continue unabated, the beneficiaries are different. is about the only change. Meanwhile, the Thai electorate has no say in anything, freedom of speech, assembly and press is curtailed.

I don't really see any advantages, only dis-advantages and some major ones to boot.

Let's see when the Junta will finally get around organizing elections, not that they would matter much, their constitution will ensure that the real power is not with the electorate or any politicians voted in by that electorate. So if Yingluck can actually run for office does not really matter much.

I hope they will find a loophole and exploit it. Guess that will be the next coup :D

Edited by sjaak327

22 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The impeachment and proceeding 5 years ban by the NLA can be legally challenge. One key point is that is a rectro-active impeachment as she was no longer the prime minister. I expect the legal team of PT to launch a robust legal challenge when the election date has been confirmed. 

Double yawn...

3 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

That selfish tycoon criminal could always have been voted out of office.

"That selfish tycoon criminal could always have been voted out of office..."

Given his antics, the immoral tricky actions he ordered his paid employees to get up to (the bought politicians who sat in the parliament and said nothing, expect for yes and no as ordered), do you really honestly believe it would have been easy to vote him out?  

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"That selfish tycoon criminal could always have been voted out of office..."

Given his antics, the immoral tricky actions he ordered his paid employees to get up to (the bought politicians who sat in the parliament and said nothing, expect for yes and no as ordered), do you really honestly believe it would have been easy to vote him out?  

Of course, happens all over the world. In fact we have seen it happening in 2008 when Newin switched sides. It is reallly simple, if the Thai electorate believes the democrats or another party are more fit to run the country, they will vote for them.

7 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Of course, happens all over the world. In fact we have seen it happening in 2008 when Newin switched sides. It is reallly simple, if the Thai electorate believes the democrats or another party are more fit to run the country, they will vote for them.

Wrong answer...

My worker just confided in me. even though the previous government was corrupted but her mother in surin was still able to sell her rice for a price under the pledging scheme, but now she is unable to sell at all, no price no offers, no assistance at all. 

We can talk policies n politics all day long. but whats urgent n needs immediate practical assistance is the farmers now. i m not going to argue what was b4 cos i acknowledge the failed rice scheme of the previous government, but what is the current one doing better?

N i have seen so many arguements b4 the coup saying they care about the farmers n all, where r they now, what r these junta lovers doing the past 2 years for the farmers for them to return to a plight thats the same if not worse than b4.

Edited by Moonmoon

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

Wrong answer...

Nope as history has quite clearly showed. With a little help from the army and a banned politician the Thaksin government went into opposition and out of office.

Indeed didn't win the price for adhering to the spirit of democracy, it did actually work out.

in fact, if Suthep and friends didn't disrupt the last general election, PT might not even have won an easy mandate. But that we will never know for sure. I wonder if anyone doing the disruption has been charged, after all it IS an puniseable offence....or is accountability only expected from the "bad guys". Oh don't answer, we already know...

Edited by sjaak327