Celebrities behaving badly: Actor who beat up motorcyclist turns himself in

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

TV host loses job, charged with assault in #GraabMyCar road rage incident

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter -

Nott1.jpg

Acharanat Ariyaritwikol at police station on Sunday.

BANGKOK — Police have charged an actor and talk show host with assault for punching a motorcyclist and dragging him to prostrate to his “dream car,” footage of which went viral over the weekend and cost him his job Monday.

A lawyer for Acharanat Ariyaritwikol, 28, said his client struck Kittisak “Boy” Singto repeatedly on Friday out of self-defense. The assault and Acharanat’s insistence that Kittisak kowtow, or graab, to the luxury car he allegedly damaged in an accident were trending topics on social media, earning the hashtag #GraabMyCar.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/11/07/tv-host-loses-job-charged-assault-graabmycar-road-rage-incident/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-11-07

Looks to me like he couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, garywim said:

It will be interesting to hear the outcome of this, if we ever do.  As is the norm I\in Thailand, follow-up reporting has never been a strongpoint.

Well I doubt you will see him as a host in a TV show again so I guess there's some justice happening here. 

Completely sick behaviour. Many Thais with the slightest bit of money or a better car than you seem to behave in this way. Then they pay the police and get away with it. Meanwhile the bystanders did nothing. I'm sorry if I had been there I would have intervened. 50% of expats want to leave here. I wonder why?

7 minutes ago, ianf said:

Completely sick behaviour. Many Thais with the slightest bit of money or a better car than you seem to behave in this way. Then they pay the police and get away with it. Meanwhile the bystanders did nothing. I'm sorry if I had been there I would have intervened. 50% of expats want to leave here. I wonder why?

That's why crossing the road is so hazardous. You're a pedestrian, you must be inferior to someone who can afford a car

2 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

That's why crossing the road is so hazardous. You're a pedestrian, you must be inferior to someone who can afford a car

the driver's would-be lawyer might also claim that the pedestrian got run over in self-defense.

Thanks to the social media the boy is definitely history. Grammy terminated him, he is the laughing stock among his (former) HiSo friends and in years to come people will ask him, if his not the guy in the Mini Cooper. 

A Mini Cooper at THB 2.5 million is also the perfect car for Bangkok's jammed and flooded roads. One down, plenty of more to come ..........

What a loss of face :passifier:

Maybe I've just been here too long, but the cynical side of me has absolutely no doubt that after the obligatory Monk ordination for a few weeks, multiple brown envelopes, his reputation will be whiter than white within a month or two, and miraculously he will land a new contract, courtesy of Daddy and his contacts

I'm just too jaded after years of witnessing this circus over and over again

Edited by GinBoy2

I actually know the lawyer and have had a few beers with him on occasion. He's actually a nice and funny guy. Shame he is defending this useless, cowardly little piece of hi-so garbage but I guess you could say he's just doing his job. I hope they throw the book at his client. Getting fired from his job should just be the start.

3 hours ago, balo said:

Well I doubt you will see him as a host in a TV show again so I guess there's some justice happening here. 

Full payment of medical expenses to the victim as well as a large payment for emotional distress caused to the victim and the victims parents would also be good to see.

On 06/11/2016 at 11:54 PM, seancbk said:

His father is a high powered lawyer. 

That is why he went with him.

His father is a high powered lawyer then he shouldn't show up at the police station at all. If that young guy is a man, or man enough to accept responsibility of whatever wrong he had done he would deal with the police himself. Not calling Papa or Mama for help. What a sissy.

Would someone be kind enough to tell the Thais what a "Feudal Society" means. My thai language is bad I can't explain that to them. In Feudal society you can beat people up if you have money and power.

Thailand is telling the world Thailand is a Feudal Society. What else would people think when this got into the news?

.....another disgrace....

...please don't call the dreg a celebrity....

...no wonder Thailand is in such a sad moral state....

...and donned the glasses...for his best performance.....

...sadly Thailand is full of such charlatans.....

.....self-important and above the law by virtue of their fathers or someone....

On 07/11/2016 at 1:52 AM, IAMHERE said:

So, does the actor buy orange robes off the rack or have them tailor made? You just got to figure daddy is lining up a months stay at a monk house. I hope he trims his fingernails before he goes

Why are looking at his finger nails in the photo? Are you gay or something? He certainly has nice soft fingers never done any hard work in his whole life I guess.

Maybe i'm missing some here?

Does Hi-So mean invincible or something now, all of a sudden? 

My bet he'd bleed linke anyone else, same goes for selectively broken bones or (slow & elaborate) croaking if need be - which obviously should happen a hole lot more often in cases like this.

Scum with some money, that's what i see and nothing more ...

Plus how incredibly dim-witted one must be to fork over 2.5 or 3 mil for this kind of POS-car?

It certainly just escapes me entirely ... 

Edited by jollyhangmon

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Thanks to the social media the boy is definitely history. Grammy terminated him, he is the laughing stock among his (former) HiSo friends and in years to come people will ask him, if his not the guy in the Mini Cooper. 

A Mini Cooper at THB 2.5 million is also the perfect car for Bangkok's jammed and flooded roads. One down, plenty of more to come ..........

What a loss of face :passifier:

Bangkok's roads aren't flooded.

Just now, jollyhangmon said:

Maybe i'm missing some here?

Does Hi-So mean invincible or something now? 

My bet he'd bleed linke anyone else, same goes for selectively broken bones or (slow & elaborate) croaking if need be - which obviously should happen a hole lot more often in cases like this.

Scum with some money, that's what i see and nothing more ...

Plus how incredibly dim-witted one must be to fork over 2.5 or 3 mil for this kind of POS-car?

It certainly just escapes me entirely ... 

You haven't been living in Asia very long have you?

We worship money.  

People with money are better than people without.  

The more money you have the more important you are.

If you wear brand name clothes and have brand name accessories then people will know you are rich and respect you.

A model girlfriend is an accessory that will make people respect you.   

A Mini Cooper in Thailand is expensive so you'll get respect for being able to afford one.   It is also a highly desired 'fashion accessory' within the younger crowd.

Always tell people how much money you spend on things so they know you are rich.    

27 minutes ago, madusa said:

Why are looking at his finger nails in the photo? Are you gay or something? He certainly has nice soft fingers never done any hard work in his whole life I guess.

Oh dear - it was going so well on this thread, with universal condemnation of this "actor".

But then why do you have to bring up the topic of "are you gay or something"?

You use the word "gay" in a derogatory manner, which reveals a lot.

Your post would have been much better without the 2nd inflammatory sentence.

28 minutes ago, seancbk said:

You haven't been living in Asia very long have you?

We worship money.  

People with money are better than people without.  

The more money you have the more important you are.

If you wear brand name clothes and have brand name accessories then people will know you are rich and respect you.

A model girlfriend is an accessory that will make people respect you.   

A Mini Cooper in Thailand is expensive so you'll get respect for being able to afford one.   It is also a highly desired 'fashion accessory' within the younger crowd.

Always tell people how much money you spend on things so they know you are rich.    

I'm here permanently well into the 2nd decade now, but i do appreciate cynicism, thanks.

Just in case you really mean what you said then you're here too long already, obviously gone full Thai which is incurable, i'm afraid.

What i'm saying is that i just don't give a shit for that HiSo=LowSo BS, never did, never will.

Just pawing me like that fairy did would get anyone into a whole new world of pain under similar circumstances, no matter who, where or when. 

Rage? They've got no idea what that means if i'd deem it necessary - which i would, happily. 

Got to have some fun, after all ... 

2 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

I'm here permanently well into the 2nd decade now, but i do appreciate cynicism, thanks.

Just in case you really mean what you said then you're here too long already, obviously gone full Thai which is incurable, i'm afraid.

What i'm saying is that i just don't give a shit for that HiSo=LowSo BS, never did, never will.

Just pawing me like that fairy did would get anyone into a whole new world of pain under similar circumstances, no matter who, where or when. 

Rage? They've got no idea what that means if i'd deem it necessary - which i would, happily. 

Got to have some fun, after all ... 

I was born in Libya and then grew up in Hong Kong.   Been living here 8 years, but of course been coming here (often several times a year) for holidays from HK.

I think like a HK Chinese person.  

16 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I was born in Libya and then grew up in Hong Kong.   Been living here 8 years, but of course been coming here (often several times a year) for holidays from HK.

I think like a HK Chinese person.  

Got it man, that sure sheds some light on your explanations.

Your picture in combination with >We worship money ...< got me confused a fair bit.

These cretins get away with that sort of behavior all too often - but only with opponents playing their dumb (HiSo-)games! Which might come to an end, slowly, hopefully.

That's why so many folks in this thread ask themselves 'why didn't the victim just wipe out that a-hole ...?!"

Any foreigner with at least some control over his own body would have just done that - rightfully (& hopefully, again). Me for sure.

Ever stepped on a cockroach? Well, there you go, just like that ... 

P.S.: if you had told me just a few months ago i'd ever be praising 'social media' i'd called you a fool ... well, times are a-changing!

Hail to facebook - or wherever that story was spread, just like the one about that police-wise beaten-to-death card player and lots of others along that lines ... 

Good night.

8 hours ago, connda said:

Unfortunately Nong Boy didn't know Aikido, otherwise Khun Not would have had his arm in a cast up to his dislocated shoulder.  God I detest bullies.

The victim was probably unaware that the incident was being filmed and didn't resist because the thug was a well-known actor and tv host. Can't blame him for that.