Is British teacher wanted over murder of colleague in Burma hiding out in Thailand?

snoop1130

Is British teacher wanted over murder of colleague in Burma hiding out in Thailand?

harris-binotti.jpg

Harris Binotti. Image: Facebook

Police in Myanmar believe a 25 year old British man wanted in connection with the death of a colleague, also from Britain, could be hiding out in Thailand.

On Monday afternoon, officers revealed that Harris Binotti took a Thai Airways flight from Yangon International Airport to Suvarnabhumi on Nov 5.

However, AFP reported that police in Thailand have been unwilling to comment if the suspect remains in the country or visited in transit.

Officers also confirmed that Interpol have been asked to join the manhunt for Binotti, after his colleague Peter Gary Ferguson, 47, also from the UK was found with dead at Binotti’s apartment.

Police said that Binotti had not been seen since the pair had been drinking together in Rangoon on Saturday.

Mr Ferguson’s body was discovered on Sunday by his Thai wife, with whom he has a child, in the suspect’s apartment after he had failed to return home.

pfg.jpg

Peter Gary Ferguson. Image: Facebook

An officer in Rangoon told AFP they suspect Binotti carried out the attack.

“At the time they were together drinking. They were talking and fighting,” the officer said.

The two men had worked as English teachers at Horizon International School in Rangoon.

“We don’t know exactly what happened. They were together and they had been drinking and enjoying the night and after that he was found dead on Sunday morning.

“They were friends but they had been drinking. (Mr Binotti) is now missing and there is an investigation. We send our condolences to Mr Ferguson’s family”, spokesperson for the school told AFP.

A spokesperson for the Foreign Office confirmed the family of a British national is receiving support following a death in Rangoon.

A Facebook page belonging to Harris Binotti revealed he had also taught English in Cambodia.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-07

1 hour ago, little mary sunshine said:

Looks like a Psycho!!  What's with all the Brit thieves, murderers,

and trouble makers lately??  New bunch of Brit low-lives in Thailand?

I have to admit I have some difficulty with adults who pull faces, if that's what he's doing, for a pic.  It seems such an infantile thing to do.

This story is identical to the Cambodian labourers in Pattaya stories which crop up with regularity.

They start off as colleagues become friends, go on all-night drinking session, argue and one kills the other one.

If I were the Thai police I would start looking on the building sites, this Binotti guy might be trying to blend in with the Cambo labourers. But I know the police here are wondering how to make a buck out of these events.

New Brit low lifes.I thought that everybody already believed, that Brit English teachers in Asia were all low lifes.

As for Brit lowlifes in general,ive seen many a foreign national,debasing,embarrassing,throwing up and pissing themselves over here,and they werent all Brits.

3 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Looks like a Psycho!!  What's with all the Brit thieves, murderers,

and trouble makers lately??  New bunch of Brit low-lives in Thailand?

You only hear about the news that gets reported, which is a very small % of the entire goings within a country. The news, used in this way, is a tool 

3 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

The Binotti psycho is still on the loose in Thailand.

He may try to head for Cambodia where he worked for 3 months as a teacher.

He may be active on this forum, on this very thread!

No I'm not .

Could you please delete that false allegation ? 

Update on the funeral which I attended. Harris Binotti's facebook picture has been modified. Note to self make sure you have a good profile picture on facebook in case things go bad. Anyway information on Binottis whereabouts would be appreciated by the police and family of victim.

http://yangon.coconuts.co/2016/11/16/funeral-held-peter-gary-ferguson-british-teacher-who-was-killed-his-friend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, very strange.

Murder occurred in Burma. British national kills British national.

Thai police therefore not too bothered. (assuming Binotti is hiding out in Thailand).

The Thai cops will wait for the UK police to tell them where he is through their liaison. Thai police then will "swoop" in and have a massive self-congratulating, suspect-parading press conference which some serious top brass will turn up to.

Binotti did previously work teaching in Cambodia so he may have washed up there.

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Yes, very strange.

Murder occurred in Burma. British national kills British national.

Thai police therefore not too bothered. (assuming Binotti is hiding out in Thailand).

The Thai cops will wait for the UK police to tell them where he is through their liaison. Thai police then will "swoop" in and have a massive self-congratulating, suspect-parading press conference which some serious top brass will turn up to.

Binotti did previously work teaching in Cambodia so he may have washed up there.

I hear they set up a fund to catch him yet no "friends" of the victim are bothering to provide info on this chap. 

• 3 months later...

Interpol red notice now issued for Binotti.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/14/interpol-issues-red-notice-for-scottish-teacher-harris-binotti-wanted-for-myanmar

Interpol has issued a red notice for a Scottish teacher wanted by police over the suspected murder of a colleague in Myanmar.

Harris Binotti, 26, fled the south-east Asian country in November last year, hours before Gary Ferguson was found dead.

Binotti, from Dumfries, has been at the centre of an international manhunt since Ferguson was found with fatal head and chest wounds five months ago.

Archived