Shoplifter returns pricey Chanel bag after CCTV footage went viral

webfact

Shoplifter returns pricey Chanel bag after CCTV footage went viral

By Coconuts Bangkok

bag_4.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A well-dressed woman, who was caught on surveillance camera stealing a Chanel bag from a shop at Central Westgate, has returned the luxury bag after photos of the snatching went viral online.

This recent theft has become another case that was solved by the power of social media after shop owner Natthapat Moongwattanasanti, 38, posted CCTV footage and clear screenshots of the woman who stole a bag from her shop on Facebook on Nov. 2.

According to Natthapat, the woman pretended to talk to the sales people and walked out of the shop with a red Chanel Mini Caviar 8", which cost THB102,000.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/11/07/shoplifter-returns-pricey-chanel-bag-after-cctv-footage-went-viral

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-11-08

3 hours ago, lee b said:

Because 99% of people in Thailand can be trusted.

And are themselves trusting people.  That tends to be the way it works.

Unfortunately, because they are so trusting, Thailand is a paradise for conmen and women.

3 minutes ago, keskeseksa said:

Why Thais, Thais Thais? Shoplifting happens all over the world. 

I employed Thais, caught a few stealing, and there was no shame in them. They thought, pay it back and all is forgotten.

In other countries, you would be prosecuted, and find it very difficult to get employment elsewhere. 

There's light at the end of the tunnel.

More and more Social Media is outing the thieves, road ragers, idiot drivers and bullies (mini man) and are slowly teaching a few Thais some of the basic rules of behaviour. An education that seem to be lacking in many homes and the school system.

This is the fault of the existing class system in this society, so called the rich and the poor. This class gap is prompting a lof of people to aspire their dream of becoming rich, if not with money at least by the looks. The rich should stop the show off business, as it prompts a lot of young people to follow that rich dream and they want to get rich by all unfair means.

2 minutes ago, amrishtony said:

This is the fault of the existing class system in this society, so called the rich and the poor. This class gap is prompting a lof of people to aspire their dream of becoming rich, if not with money at least by the looks. The rich should stop the show off business, as it prompts a lot of young people to follow that rich dream and they want to get rich by all unfair means.

There was no short cut for us. Theft was a dishonorable thing. I even consider going to a bank and getting an almost zero percent loan unfair. The bank and government does no one a favor by keeping rates at these almost zero levels and the talk of helicopter money scares me as it might be money I saved. 

2 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

There was no short cut for us. Theft was a dishonorable thing. I even consider going to a bank and getting an almost zero percent loan unfair. The bank and government does no one a favor by keeping rates at these almost zero levels and the talk of helicopter money scares me as it might be money I saved. 

Appreciate you and all the other people of our generation who still has the will and always work hard to improve their lifestyles, but the kids of this generation wants to take the easy way to the top and follow the wrong paths. Something to do with their upbringing I guess.

Just now, amrishtony said:

Appreciate you and all the other people of our generation who still has the will and always work hard to improve their lifestyles, but the kids of this generation wants to take the easy way to the top and follow the wrong paths. Something to do with their upbringing I guess.

I guess you hit the nail on the head. Sometimes looking back I think we had a head start on the opportunity front. When I was young I had my choice of jobs A-B-C or D. Today young people are in groups of hundreds applying for jobs. A lot of people in the line have better qualifications than they do. Maybe having a Bill Gates clone as a child would at least give them a fighting chance. Yes the stars were all in alignment for me. Born and bred in the west, opportunity galore and a buck was still worth at least .85 cents. 

7 hours ago, keskeseksa said:

Why Thais, Thais Thais? Shoplifting happens all over the world. 

but it is not everywhere in the world that "Social Media" is actually becoming more efficient than the Royal Thai Police Farce in solving crimes and arranging compensation for victims.