'Trump phenomenon' could be a lesson for Thailand: academics

webfact

6 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i strongly believe that the 7 countries america is bombing should not be bombed by american drones. america is not even at war with these countries. i dont know how they get away with killing thousands of people at will.

Ohh, have you ever heard of 911 or all the terrorism acts in Europe/USA? That doesn't matter right?  And all the millions of people who left their countries to be safe in a refugeecamp, who cares...let them stay there right, as long as it isn't in your backyard?

41 years old and in perfect shape......:violin:but still sick in the h...

11 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Ohh, have you ever heard of 911 or all the terrorism acts in Europe/USA? That doesn't matter right?  And all the millions of people who left their countries to be safe in a refugeecamp, who cares...let them stay there right, as long as it isn't in your backyard?

41 years old and in perfect shape......:violin:but still sick in the h...

i live in thailand and we have had our share of bombings over the recent years. government says they are not terrorist related but the way i see it if someone sets an explosive device in a populated area then that is an act of terrorism.

ah when you called me sick in my other post you were referring to my mental state. seems a bit juvenile, wonder how old you are. one thing i have noticed is that there are several posters here who would rather just try to insult each other when they have a difference of opinion. this is a forum where we can discuss our difference of opinion and maybe learn some things. of course you dont know me and judging my mental state off a couple sentences i wrote in a chat room is a bit of a stretch.

22 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i live in thailand and we have had our share of bombings over the recent years. government says they are not terrorist related but the way i see it if someone sets an explosive device in a populated area then that is an act of terrorism.

ah when you called me sick in my other post you were referring to my mental state. seems a bit juvenile, wonder how old you are. one thing i have noticed is that there are several posters here who would rather just try to insult each other when they have a difference of opinion. this is a forum where we can discuss our difference of opinion and maybe learn some things. of course you dont know me and judging my mental state off a couple sentences i wrote in a chat room is a bit of a stretch.

Mate you still don't know what terrorist acts i'm referring to? The bombs in thailand are nothing compared to what happened in the USA/Europe...There is list of bombings/terroristic attacks bigger than this whole page. That's why they are bombing ,not only the USA but almost ALL western countries join them. Probably your homecountry as well.

If you think thats' bad than would you prefer to live under the IS-flag? Grow a beard and so? If those western countries didn't bomb them also in Thailand you wouldn't be safe.

3 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Mate you still don't know what terrorist acts i'm referring to? The bombs in thailand are nothing compared to what happened in the USA/Europe...There is list of bombings/terroristic attacks bigger than this whole page. That's why they are bombing ,not only the USA but almost ALL western countries join them. Probably your homecountry as well.

If you think thats' bad than would you prefer to live under the IS-flag? Grow a beard and so? If those western countries didn't bomb them also in Thailand you wouldn't be safe.

well we are getting off topic but do you think flying hundreds of unmanned planes around killing civilians in Somalia, Syria, Yemen and Pakistan is going to reduce  hatred towards the west? my guess is that it is going to increase terrorism. the wests war on terrorism has about as much chance of succeeding as the war on drugs.

9 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

well we are getting off topic but do you think flying hundreds of unmanned planes around killing civilians in Somalia, Syria, Yemen and Pakistan is going to reduce  hatred towards the west? my guess is that it is going to increase terrorism. the wests war on terrorism has about as much chance of succeeding as the war on drugs.

Cheers and strap yourself into the bar stool. It is going to be a rough ride.

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i strongly believe that the 7 countries america is bombing should not be bombed by american drones. america is not even at war with these countries. i dont know how they get away with killing thousands of people at will.

America wasn't at war with Laos but it didn't stop them dropping more bombs on it that were ever dropped on Germany by the allies in the whole of World War 2. They even went better than that and killed more than 2 million innocent people by bombing North Vietnamese civilians. Hats off to the yanks! They are right up there with Goebells and Himmier. 

3 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

America wasn't at war with Laos but it didn't stop them dropping more bombs on it that were ever dropped on Germany by the allies in the whole of World War 2. They even went better than that and killed more than 2 million innocent people by bombing North Vietnamese civilians. Hats off to the yanks! They are right up there with Goebells and Himmier. 

Agree... but most Americans are never taught this in their schools... all their war atrocities are covered up.. or the people just believe the lies their media / government tell them... because 'god bless America' they are the best in the world and pure and good.  They appoint themselves to be world police and want total control of other countries. 

I think now Trump is in charge it's likely to get a lot worse. 

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:18 AM, davehowden said:

The US election fiasco is a very good reason why Thailand does not need Democracy?

Who will be the next president?

Big Bird or Kermit both seem to be as qualified as Trump and Clinton  :whistling:

On 11/8/2016 at 9:12 AM, Eric Loh said:

America is so polarized like Thailand but no coup necessary. Democracy not perfect is still the best system for expressing your choice of leaders. Big lesson for Thailand not to force acceptance of unelected leadership. 

Twist, twist, massive unconnected twist, your hallmark, boring...