Video of farang involved in Bangkok road rage incident goes viral

webfact

Video of farang involved in Bangkok road rage incident goes viral

v.jpg

Image: video screenshot

'Graap-gate!' Now farang gets in on the act in 'Wai-gate!'

BANGKOK: -- Following "Graap-gate" -  the road rage incident where a Thai celeb made a motorcyclist kowtow to his car - comes a racked off foreigner jumping on the bandwagon.

This time the video  doing the rounds of Facebook  shows a very angry Caucasian man having a go at two Thais.

He demands that they raise their hands in an apologetic "wai" to his daughter after a minor road scrape.

The incident involving the farang's white car happened in the Bang Khun Thian area of western Bangkok.

The man - who appears to have a British accent - shouts at the scared looking Thai uni kids: "You could have killed my f**king kid!"

Others mill around the scene of the altercation with one man reassuring the students in Thai language: "This is Thailand brother - you don't need to worry".

Comment was rife with many posters drawing comparison to the case of Nott the TV host and actor who beat up then made a motorcyclist "graap" (prostrate himself in apology) to his Mini Cooper.

But this time it was a Westerner and a wai.

Kung Sirin was cross: "Leave Thailand you mean farang," he yelled.

Though he suggested the westerner should be jailed for three months first after he was seen pushing the youths.

Others like Peter Tung wondered why he wasn't attacked by bystanders: "Why didn't they pile in?," he asked, "This is Thailand after all".

Others appealed for calm.

*Warning - strong language*

Source: June Charisma

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-08

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont want to judge becos i didnt know what happen b4 but seems like the university kids might be driving in a reckless manner that cause a minor accident that causes the farang to be so upset as it might have been much worse injuring or even death of his kid in the car.

even then i lived in ABAC BANGNA. anyone who lived here would know its a rich kid's university area where everyone comes from good home n drive expensive cars and u would think the kids here would be well behaved behind the wheels. sorry but no... its the same as anywhere or even worse, they drive so recklessly especially the more expensive the car the more dangerous they drive..

Is he a real Brit? I mean one of those Brittish "gentlemen" who are always polite and well mannered?

Then why the <deleted> does he speak this way? I understand his anger but he should have stayed calm. He gives all of us farlang a bad name.

"This is Thailand brother - you don't need to worry"

Yea, would this guy be so brave if it was just him and the uni students there?

Easy to have balls and play the 'Thai rak Thai' card when there's a group of you. End of the day, if it's just one guy there with the uni students, and the 'farang' had started attacking, Mr. big balls would have been out of there. Nothing to do with honour. Just wanna attack someone out of pure pent up anger.

"Others like Peter Tung wondered why he wasn't attacked by bystanders: "Why didn't they pile in?," he asked, "This is Thailand after all"

Because you've been taught to be non-violent and non confrontational? Or does that only apply when one-on-one? 

I see forms of road rage everyday. No one has the right to behave like a moron in these situations. Driving a Mini, etc, or being local isn't doesn't mean you're any less of an idiot. 

Edited by rkidlad

The article doesn't actually state when this took place.

I hope it's not something dug up from the archives to

take the spotlight away from the "mini" driver and project

it onto the "farang" here.

Bit like when they dig up an "honest" taxi driver story when

the press has been hard on local taxis.

Just wondering like . . . :smile:

Thai traffic is full of people that should not be there, if the police check the motorcycle driver they probably don't have drivers licence and/or are under 18!

Next time a motorcycle cut in front of you, don't slam the brakes just keep going for another 5-10 seconds before you brake and tell the police that you froze as the motorcycle came from nowhere... Darwin effect.

Thailand is the 2nd worst country in the world with traffic accidents with about 80 people dying from road accidents daily, 2012 the average for the world was 17 deaths per 100,000/year compared to 36 in Thailand, in 2014 that number was 44 per 100,000 and WHO state that it should probably be more than 40% higher than that if they would follow the same standards as in EU and US for reporting traffic related deaths... that mean about 63 per 100,000 compared to 17 in global average, 9 in Europe and 73 in Libya, a country in civil war! 

Edited by Kasset Tak

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Others like Peter Tung wondered why he wasn't attacked by bystanders: "Why didn't they pile in?," he asked, "This is Thailand after all".

Yes I have seen this so many times. I would say the odds were not favourable. Another few would have been needed to feel a victorious outcome. The Foreigner has done everyone here no favours with this. We all know how frustrating driving is here but if there is one piece of advice I can give to anyone who lives here, is never lose your temper, especially in front of others. Go home and kick and punch the boxing bag around, as getting angry here never gets a positive outcome.

Any time you take yourself on the road in Thailand with your family the "could have" moment is a reality. Accidents are just that...... accidents! They are just mostly prevalent in this dangerous country where motor laws are only enforced on the first of the month in brute force... with a bucketful of money piling up beside a policeman sitting at table. That was minor by the looks of it! No one should act like this .. the " could have" moment could have turned on him very quickly once he stepped out his car and began man handling a group of countrymen that probably didn't understand a word that he was saying!

In Thailand, best to keep a cool head. There did not appear to be any major damage done or any injuries to anyone, so why expose his family to the risk of mob violence? Car scrapes are part of life, I've had them in practically every country that I have lived in ... only one of which were my fault. 

OK for a Thai to display road rage; not OK for farang.  

Actually, road rage by anyone does not help one little bit....just inflames the incident....like pouring fuel on a fire which can cause things to get out of control.

Reading some of the comments on Facebook about this incident is very disturbing. I know there are many nasty and horrible people online, but the comments by some users are very worrying. Really coming to light the mentality of some people.

Scary. 

Edited by rkidlad

"This is Thailand brother - you don't need to worry".

and there you have the problem , you could stay here 1,000 years and you will NEVER be accepted by these so called people (married with Thai born children...but NO RIGHTS ...Ridiculous).

All you armchair warriors commenting on this you are pathetic..;. they were HIS children not yours I guess thats the difference, you obviously dont value your children's well-being ..accident or not

GOOD FOR HIM..far too many idiots driving vehicles in this country that are basically not mentally capable of controlling as Numerous DEATHS prove daily