Versys of to CM workshop.

Kwasaki

My long awaited trip on the 15th to CM Kawasaki after booking in February for recall valve & guide change out.

The oil consumption has got worse and gets blacked soot around exhaust outlet even after a short run.

I been reluctant to use the bike because of it so glad it's time.

Has others had to wait a good while to get there's done. 

17 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Mine (mk3) 2015 is not affected by the recall so I can't say.

Good luck with the fix.

What year is your V?

Thanks,  it's a July 2011 and l will be putting it up for sale when the works complete and a run-in check is done.

Done all the touring around Thailand so want something lighter to knock around on other than the scoot. 

14 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Did I get this right that you had to wait 9 months in a queue to get the recall service performed?

It's more than just a service it's a complete change out upgrade of valves and guides.

And yeah l only heard about the recall on here TV and rang Kwacka's and they said yeah maybe get it checked at a Kawasaki workshop.

I've used N.Swan before but prefer CM dealer, so went and they checked engine number and said yep book it in.

I did ask why so long and they said we have 100's to do Ninja, Ern6 & Versys and we are waiting parts.

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

they said we have 100's to do Ninja, Ern6 & Versys and we are waiting parts.

Do you have a link or something of the serial numbers of the bikes that need to be recalled?

Though if it was bought in 2011 I guess that it is the older style Ninjas and Er-6n's that are affected and not the 2013--2017 model?

Thanks. 

13 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Do you have a link or something of the serial numbers of the bikes that need to be recalled?

Though if it was bought in 2011 I guess that it is the older style Ninjas and Er-6n's that are affected and not the 2013--2017 model?

Thanks. 

2013 onward are OK

There was a thread about recall and the 650 engine numbers that need recall work but can't find it since maybe TV update.

My engine No. begins AEA - - - - -  

From what remember it's 650 from 2010 to 2012.

Edited by Kwasaki

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

2013 onward are OK

There was a thread about recall and the 650 engine numbers that need recall work but can't find it since maybe TV update.

My engine No. begins AEA - - - - -  

From what remember it's 650 from 2010 to 2012.

Yes, but also there is an adjustment for the 2013 too .. 

I was confused and I went to a couple of dealers, spoke to Kawasaki on the phone and it gave me a headache. In the end both dealers checked my book and decided it needed checking, which means the serial on the head needed checking after disassembly.

Then a decision would be made - whatever the outcome there was a promo price, which included a valve check and new oil - my valves didn't need replacing, but I did get a cheap oil change and valve check. Worth taking up the offer.

10 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yes, but also there is an adjustment for the 2013 too .. 

I was confused and I went to a couple of dealers, spoke to Kawasaki on the phone and it gave me a headache. In the end both dealers checked my book and decided it needed checking, which means the serial on the head needed checking after disassembly.

Then a decision would be made - whatever the outcome there was a promo price, which included a valve check and new oil - my valves didn't need replacing, but I did get a cheap oil change and valve check. Worth taking up the offer.

Maybe there was a admin cock-up and your engine number was down for check because of when Kwacka was going about changing the upgrade parts.  

Dunno for sure but my guess would be if you have a early 2013 650 Kwacka bike getting it checked is not a problem. 

14 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Maybe there was a admin cock-up and your engine number was down for check because of when Kwacka was going about changing the upgrade parts.  

Dunno for sure but my guess would be if you have a early 2013 650 Kwacka bike getting it checked is not a problem. 

All I know is the engine number started with AE... So, serial on the head needed checking by taking the head off then making a decision. it's not just a case of looking at the engine number in the book.

5 hours ago, recom273 said:

All I know is the engine number started with AE... So, serial on the head needed checking by taking the head off then making a decision. it's not just a case of looking at the engine number in the book.

Well at least Kwacka are sorting it my engine started AEA.

All sorted with valves sounds very different, oil change and filter, computer system check, all free for the recall.

l did fork out though while the bike was in the workshop they telephoned me 3 times once about air-filter needing renewal then about frayed throttle cables, then about then battery just about done in which l knew about.

4,400 bht so not bad as it was due for the cam adjustment service anyway.