Notification from/For House-master, owner ...

While doing the 90 days report at immigration, I was asked for the first time to produce this "Notification from house-master, owner, or the possessor of the residence where alien has stayed".

I kindly showed them my yellow book, and explained them that I live with the wife, but still, they wanted the document to be filled, as well as the fine for now doing the notification on time (24H after arrival).

I was under the impression that the yellow book would do, but no.

Everybody was nice and explained to me the documents required and handed over some flyers.

Where: Samut Prakarn Immigration.

12 minutes ago, elviajero said:

They are in their right to fine someone for not reporting your stay within 24 hours of arrival.

Did they let you fill out the TM.30 or want your wife/owner to do it?

They need the owner to fill it, but you can get a power of attorney, so the owner does not need to come at immigration.

2 minutes ago, singa-traz said:

They need the owner to fill it, but you can get a power of attorney, so the owner does not need to come at immigration.

You don't need a power of attorney, the housemaster has never been required to visit Immigration.

They just want the TM30 and copies of the housemasters ID card and Tabian Baan.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dentonian said:

You don't need a power of attorney, the housemaster has never been required to visit Immigration.

You are mostly right, but some offices seem to be insisting that the owner completes the TM.30 even though the rules allow for the owner, house-master or possessor can do it.

8 minutes ago, dentonian said:

That is not what has been explained to me.

They gave me a document with the required documentation, and the power of attorney is clearly listed.

9 minutes ago, singa-traz said:

That is not what has been explained to me.

They gave me a document with the required documentation, and the power of attorney is clearly listed.

You stated you had a yellow house book, so you either used your wife's blue house book or your landlords as the process of obtaining your book.

In which case they are the house master, so you don't need a power of attorney to complete a TM30

After a removal to a new house I went to immigration on Koh Samui in 24 hours with a TM 30 form filled in by my wife and a TM 28 form to change my address. I got back the TM 30 form, they don't need it. With the TM 28 form I had to come back to change my address when I did my 90 day report. So it depends on what immigration office you go to. 

Edited by renevanb7
I used a wrong letter.

13 hours ago, dentonian said:

You stated you had a yellow house book, so you either used your wife's blue house book or your landlords as the process of obtaining your book.

In which case they are the house master, so you don't need a power of attorney to complete a TM30

Just to follow-up on that. I have asked clarification today, and at least in Samut Prakarn immigration office, they will require the power of attorney, if the owner/house master is not making the notification in person.

16 hours ago, elviajero said:

You are mostly right, but some offices seem to be insisting that the owner completes the TM.30 even though the rules allow for the owner, house-master or possessor can do it.

Probably, so they can fine you,you can"t help but think everything is poised around their demands is tea money  !!!......

The (Thai) housemaster has to complete the TM30 the first time around, my understanding is that this is to get a Thai persons details on your TM30 record, thereafter the visa holder can request updates as they come and go from their primary address - it seems as though a condo owner needs to refer to the juristic person for this whereas renters need to refer to a Thai landlord, not sure what happens if you're renting from a farang landlord though. I had an agent complete my first TM30 record using my wife's ID a few weeks ago, when I cam back into Thailand a couple of days ago following a short overseas trip I just handed my passport to the Immigration lady and asked for an update, no form filling required, she simply checked the database and gave me a stamped receipt. BTW no tea money involved.

Edited by chiang mai

2 hours ago, singa-traz said:

Just to follow-up on that. I have asked clarification today, and at least in Samut Prakarn immigration office, they will require the power of attorney, if the owner/house master is not making the notification in person.

A power of attorney can just be a statement that they authorize you to do the report for them. Just their signature and a witness would be needed.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

A power of attorney can just be a statement that they authorizes you to do the report for them. Just their signature and a witness would be needed.

Correct. SamutPrakarn immigration provided a form for that.

6 hours ago, KBsinter said:

Probably, so they can fine you,you can"t help but think everything is poised around their demands is tea money  !!!......

There are definately some corrupt IO's, but in my experience the vast majority are honest and simply doing their job. Fining the right amount when a rule/law is broken is fair enough and doesn't deserve allegations of wrongdoing.

Immigration should be better at standardizing how they enforce these laws/rules, but, as it stands, it's up to the foreigner to know the rules so they don't get caught out by overly officious IO's.

Immigration should be better at standardizing how they enforce these laws/rules, but, as it stands, it's up to the foreigner to know the rules so they don't get caught out by overly officious IO's.

To know that rules I would, for a start, need to get my hands on a copy of the currently valid "regulations prescribed by the Director General" of the Police Department issued under the last paragraph of section 38 of the Immigration Act. No luck so far.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

11 minutes ago, Maestro said:

To know that rules I would, for a start, need to get my hands on a copy of the currently valid "regulations prescribed by the Director General" of the Police Department issued under the last paragraph of section 38 of the Immigration Act. No luck so far.

I accept your point, but the only rules one needs to know are those of the local office. I find it's best to ask that office exactly what they want and expect of me. Even if you found what you're looking for it probably wouldn't help if the local office doesn't follow the rules or has additional requirements.

As I said, it would be great if everything was standardised but, as it's not, the only rules that count are those applied by your local office.

With the TM.30 requirements, I have the strong feeling that they vary from one immigration office to the next because immigration headquarters has not issues clear and detailed guidelines. In addition, where guidelines have been issued, headquarters does not follow up to check if they are followed correctly, probably due to insufficient budget and personnel.

• Like 1