4 vocational students detained for attacking a factory worker

webfact

4 vocational students detained for attacking a factory worker

1011002.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Four vocational students have been detained by police in Samut Prakan after they allegedly assaulted a factory worker whom they mistook as a rival student.

The incident took place in broad daylight on a road in Samut Prakan on Wednesday when six students, believed to be of a vocational school in the province, gang-attacked their victim, Aekarin Thurapat, a part-time employee of a steel factory, with knives and wooden clubs. The incident was recorded by a witness, using smart phone, and the footage was later uploaded in the social media.

The victim was seriously injured with knife wounds and was later rushed to the provincial hospital for treatment. He was pronounced in safe condition on Thursday.

Pol Col Anant Chaicharn, superintendent of Phra Samut Chedi police station, said police had launched an investigation and found out that the assailants were vocational students of a school in the province.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/4-vocational-students-detained-for-attacking-a-factory-worker/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-11

It appears that gang attacks on individuals is commonplace here. We read about them almost every day, and these young men seem to think it's ok to gang up and beat someone up.

I think a law which punishes gang attackers severely needs to be brought in asap. If weapons are used, there needs to be added penalties. The youth need to understand it's cowardly and unacceptable by society and they will pay a heavy price for their crime.

Time for 44 to be used in a positive way for a change...!  

Very public name and shame and labled as cowards of the country.

10 years minimum in army in the southern area.

All salery goes too the victime of the gang attack.

And a public beating every year by the same numbers in the original attacke. eg Six on to one...

09:59 Wednesday morning the vocational students in Thailand pledge to give up violence to honor the death of King Rama 9... I guess that these students are like most of my students: absent or don't understand. We (me and my Thai co-teacher) have been teaching Basic Animal Feed for 4 weeks (5 hours a week) and still the student don't even understand the meaning/concept of nutrients in English... or Thai!

Edited by Kasset Tak