Belgian pensioner vs Thai Hi-So Benz driver - he went for me first, says Thai

rooster59

24 minutes ago, getreal said:
5 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

This is NOT a Hi - So Thai!!

When will you people think that anyone with more than a million or 2 baht or so is Hi-So.

Hi-So Thais for s start, hardly ever need to work, they are are a class of their own. 

No i dont seek them out at all. Every time i have threatened themthey were swearing at thais who were serving them. Everytime the thai or thais thanked me.

Everytime the aggressive farangs pulled their heads in except for one time in a bank whenthe old italian who was swearing loudly at the staff wanted to have a go. But his "girlfriend" restrained him and he stoppedcarrying on like a spoit baby. When i go to That branch now they offer to serve me first but i decline and just take a number.

I am veryfriendly to nice old people, i just hate seeing farangs be rude to thais.Many posters feel the thais dont like us, if farangs carry on like this then it is no bloody wonder.

Learn some manners or go home.

To be fair Johnniey the headline says " Belgian pensioner v Thai hi-so Benz driver".   But if it said stupid old git v crappy benz driver no one would reply.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember being in his car with a Canadian colleague and his Thai wife when he started replying in kind to a bus which he conceived as having "cut him up". His wife was concerned and remonstrated with him, his reaction was to say that he was going to teach them how to drive, she responded with "what, one at a time? " . I admired her for that, so very Thai.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

47 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Is there more evidence showing the Belgian was in the wrong? All I saw from that clip was a Thai man attacking an old guy from behind as he walked away. Where is the report of his dangerous driving? Clicking on the link goes straight to a Thai written piece, unless any of you were physically there how can you make such a sweeping judgment of a man that was physically assaulted from behind?

You need to open your eyes and look at the beginning of the clip a few more hundred times I would say. The farang has dismounted his vehicle is at/inside the Thai bloke's window having a go.

You also need to read the article again. Maybe several times till you notice the bit that says and I quote

"After the incident it was stated that the foreigner had got out of his car after a series of overtaking manoeuvres had taken place between the two cars".

1 minute ago, coma said:

You need to open your eyes and look at the beginning of the clip a few more hundred times I would say. The farang has dismounted his vehicle is at/inside the Thai bloke's window having a go.

You also need to read the article again. Maybe several times till you notice the bit that says and I quote

"After the incident it was stated that the foreigner had got out of his car after a series of overtaking manoeuvres had taken place between the two cars".

End of the day he had his daughter in the car too,  he should of just ignored the boy racer stuff and dropped the kiddie off at school.

2 hours ago, ThailandLOS said:

In my experience very few foreigners in Thailand get into trouble they don't deserve.

Considering your member ID I can understand everything is rosy in your life, but in my experience nothing could be further from the truth.

In order for foreigners to stay out of trouble in Thailand, they need to behave extremely well as they don't get a pass for even minor incidents.

Edited by tropo

4 hours ago, trogers said:

Place them both in a cell together with lights and cctv turned off.

The case would have its conclusion by morning.

Yes, they'd both have fallen asleep! The Thai guy looks way older than the reported 50 y.o.

Why is taking a photo deemed instigating a physical assault?

the Belgium guy was attacked...it doesn't matter taking a photo saying something whatever...

physicality crosses the line...and causes bodily harm...what happens had the farang hit his head on the cement and suffered serious injury or death which happens a lot?

clear case of physical assault...

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Belgian went in to give evidence after Morakot had been with investigators the best part of an hour.

A hour wasted your fighting a loosing battle. Why So did the Hi So not just walk away he had the guy out aged and the blow missed him. I guess attack mode kicked in "How dare this old foreigner attack me a Hi So" and bang. It will be beneath him to go to the police station. Just another case of HiSo rules. 

1 hour ago, abab said:

Atcharawadee Hattercant. 38, said that her husband had done nothing.

She is a liar, her husband came out of the car and is 100% wrong.

When it's time to support Thai let's support them !

You play cowboy you get what cowboys deserve !

And how long have you lived in Thailand?

6 hours ago, coma said:

What a pathetic stick up that was. The Thai guy hits like a girl. Had the Foreigner not been so old I guess he would have given him a right old flogging. A blatant case of "handbags at forty paces."

But I can't see much happening about this one. The farang blatantly instigated the physical altercation [idiot considering his age]. But the attack had ceased when the Thai guy got up enough courage to have a go himself. They should both be charged for dangerous driving and being clowns in a public place.

You were obviously at the scene. . . . . . . You know that the "Thai man hit llike a girl" . . . and you are obviously a close friend of the Belgium because you know that when he was younger he would have knocked the stuffing out of the Thai man. . . would you ever come up for air. Of course I could be wrong and you do know a lot of people and get around a lot? 

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just imagine the loss of face if you told Thais that their hi-so treasured Mercedes car is used as a taxi in Germany. Oh the shame. There would be mass suicide :cheesy:

That is what I am always thinking when they are so proud and so impressed by foreign "Hi-So-Cars". The E-Class Benz in the Video is 14 years old, they are sold for as little as 3000.-€ here- definitely not a stunner when you park it outside the disco-pub...

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=235266062&ambitAddress=70180&scopeId=C&zipcodeRadius=200&ambitCountry=DE&userPosition=48.76069%2C9.17431&isSearchRequest=true&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&minFirstRegistrationDate=2003-01-01&makeModelVariant1.makeId=17200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=47%2C48%2C49%2C50%2C51%2C52%2C53%2C54%2C55%2C56%2C57%2C58%2C59%2C60%2C61%2C62%2C272%2C177%2C64%2C178%2C66%2C179&makeModelVariant1.modelGroupId=11&pageNumber=1

"He was just taking a picture"

"The Thai man is lying"

"The Thai guy drove like an idiot and the Belgian like a little angel"

Amazing how much the people commenting here knows about this story despite them not being at the scene. You don't know what happened before she started filming and you don't know who threw the first punch or who instigated the whole incident – stop acting like you do.

No, I don't believe that the Thai man's actions were justified and I doubt the Belgian threw the first punch, but it takes a special kind of idiot to just spew a bunch of nonsense based on nothing more than assumptions. Raise your standards, people!

6 hours ago, getreal said:

once again we see that the original report and headline was a gross exageration to outrage the farang readership. 30years old or 50.

I often see these grumpy old euroeans being rude to the thais.around pattaya and have told them i will hurt them if they continue. In everywhere from banks to 7-11 to a hostpital.

They often have a much younger "girlfriend" in tow who seems usedto their aggressiveness.

They should be thrown out if they cant learn to keep.their cool, it isnt europe here, it is thailand, jai yen yen,   love it or leave it.

Who gives a toss if they have a much younger girlfriend. Why not?  

And telling "I will hurt them if they continue."  ohh what hero. Jai yen yourself

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Why is taking a photo deemed instigating a physical assault?

the Belgium guy was attacked...it doesn't matter taking a photo saying something whatever...

physicality crosses the line...and causes bodily harm...what happens had the farang hit his head on the cement and suffered serious injury or death which happens a lot?

clear case of physical assault...

The Belgian guy was an idiot for going to the other driver's car for a confrontation.

Unluckily for him the other driver (once presumably he had got over the shock of being confronted in this way) turned out to be an idiot too as he physically attacked the stupid Belgian instead of just giving him a stream of verbal abuse.

I'm at a loss to understand why the Belgian behaved the way he did e.g. getting involved in an 'overtaking race' in the first place and then going to the other guy's car for a confrontation :shock1:.  As others have pointed out, pushing in front given the slightest opportunity is normal driving here, and anyone with an ounce of common sense quickly learns this.  They also quickly learn that road rage could result in far worse than being knocked to the ground - and consequently the vast majority of long-term Westerners just swear 'to themselves' when coming across particularly bad drivers.

Perhaps he hasn't been here very long?  At first I thought he must have been here a while as he has a child, but it could be a step-daughter?

2 hours ago, kalidescopemind said:

I would give Thai men a break.  They are pissed their girls are running off with farangs.   They are resentful in many ways, we criticize their slavery, government, section 44, etc.   If you are wise, you will leave them alone or get out, unless you can afford bodyguards.

i think you might be deluding yourself.

Most farangs end up with short, dark skinned single mothers who worked in the bar scene who no thaiman wants.

Buy ahooker a house, car and look after the extended family financially  

The thaimen are not jealous they are laughing their heads off. If some foreigner came to my country and.married a hooker and then bougjt her a house i would be laughing too. No jealousy whatsoever.

A laughing stock.

Ask your thai.friends if you have any, they will set you straight.

7 minutes ago, getreal said:

i think you might be deluding yourself.

Most farangs end up with short, dark skinned single mothers who worked in the bar scene who no thaiman wants.

Buy ahooker a house, car and look after the extended family financially  

The thaimen are not jealous they are laughing their heads off. If some foreigner came to my country and.married a hooker and then bougjt her a house i would be laughing too. No jealousy whatsoever.

A laughing stock.

Ask your thai.friends if you have any, they will set you straight.

Get Real.  I don't know any Thai women married to a Farang who don't have at least a bachelors degree well, except for my mia nois.......  Depends on who you hang out with.  I've lived here for a long time and retired here after working in the Thai Government and I'm not alone.

1 hour ago, johnny Cage said:

Who gives a toss if they have a much younger girlfriend. Why not?  

And telling "I will hurt them if they continue."  ohh what hero. Jai yen yourself

Welcome to thailand. Being hot hearted, swearing, yelling and Being rude is unacceptable.

What is acceptable is a bit of slapdown when when.people are rude. It is actually expected. Show aggro and expect a punch on.

Kicking is also acceptable to   thais  in a fight, which horrifies farangs, but muay.thai is the national sport of thailand.

Fatangs complaining about it aint.gonna change it.

4 minutes ago, Dtrump said:

Get Real.  I don't know any Thai women married to a Farang who don't have at least a bachelors degree well, except for my mia nois.......  Depends on who you hang out with.  I've lived here for a long time and retired here after working in the Thai Government and I'm not alone.

I live in pattaya.

Do you think thai men are all jealous of us taking their women? 

If you worked here you probably.have male thai.friends. Is that what they.think? 

Very Clear...

The Thai guy said it was self defence.

The CCTV shows an altercation at the car of the Thai guy, seems to me the the Thai guy lashed out at whoever was holding the camera, not sure if the Belgium hit him.

But the Thai Guy gets out of his car and sneaks up behind the Belgium guy and hits him hard enough to floor him, that was not self defence.

But there again This Is Thailand and all Farang, their women and CCTV cameras lie.

28 minutes ago, getreal said:

I live in pattaya.

Do you think thai men are all jealous of us taking their women? 

If you worked here you probably.have male thai.friends. Is that what they.think? 

Some Thai men are when the lady should be marrying a Thai man of similar rank.  I think they are more upset with the woman than jealous.  Most of the Thai men I know like Farang.  I know a lot of gay Thai men. 

35 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Very Clear...

The Thai guy said it was self defence.

The CCTV shows an altercation at the car of the Thai guy, seems to me the the Thai guy lashed out at whoever was holding the camera, not sure if the Belgium hit him.

But the Thai Guy gets out of his car and sneaks up behind the Belgium guy and hits him hard enough to floor him, that was not self defence.

But there again This Is Thailand and all Farang, their women and CCTV cameras lie.

Why on earth was the Belgian guy at the door of the Thai guy's car in the first place???

He wanted to complain about bad driving presumably - which makes me think he can't have lived here very long and/or is very stupid.

Often come across idiot driving in Thailand. Lets remember that driving is dangerous and alot of people die in cars all around the world. I move into the slow lane, let the idiot pass, knowing I will probably live to a ripe old age unlike the idiot driver. Most of you should know that Thailand is a dangerous place and it up to you to keep yourself as safe as possible, so avoiding confrontation with immature Thai men, who may be well connected, is wise advice.

I have a car webcam; just incase I need to prove something, but hey, even the legal system can be manipulated with money. So you might be right, but you can still loose.

Edited by MaiChai