Transferred! Aggressive cop who grabbed tour bus driver sent to clerical duties.

rooster59

Transferred! Aggressive cop who grabbed tour bus driver sent to clerical duties.

cop.PNG
Image: Daily News

The highway policeman who went onboard a tour bus to grab a mobile phone from a driver who was videoing has been relieved of his duties.

Officer Prasan Thatsanasuwan has been ordered to transfer to clerical duties until further notice.

He was caught in videos and still photography posted online trying to grab a Chinese tour bus driver's mobile phone as well as fine him for videoing and driving on the left.

The driver said the ticket was ridiculous, he was doing nothing against the law. 

He said after the incident on Tuesday that he had even had his collar grabbed in the incident. He told the officer he had a right to be filming.

The cop had no license plate on his bike and according to the driver no nametag as identification on his helmet.

But his chief knew who he was and "to protect the good name of the force" he was taken off his regular duties.

The incident happened near the Ngam Wong Wan tollbooth in northern Bangkok.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-13

"The highway policeman who went onboard a tour bus to grab a mobile phone from a driver who was videoing has been relieved of his duties...ordered to transfer to clerical duties

Hell, he should have just killed the driver. He would have felt more empowered and relieved.... and It would have resulted in the same "Punishment". 

Edited by jaltsc

So the driver was operating a mobile phone with possibly a bus full of passengers, endangering over road users and says he did nothing wrong.

and there we have it,  should be more cops like this,

Exactly, this police officer has done nothing wrong. Using a mobile phone whilst driving a passenger bus is extremely dangerous and against the law.

But due to social media netizens who control the rule of law in Thailand. The policeman's agressive behaviour is being judged and not Thai law and order. If you break the rules you get punished not given a smile a wave and a pat on the back.

If I were this policemans boss I'd make him a role mode for other officers to be tough on crime and not to pander to the social media netizens.

People filming you on their mobile phone is irritating. Unless your a celebrity or Yingluck.

8 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Exactly, this police officer has done nothing wrong. Using a mobile phone whilst driving a passenger bus is extremely dangerous and against the law.

But due to social media netizens who control the rule of law in Thailand. The policeman's agressive behaviour is being judged and not Thai law and order. If you break the rules you get punished not given a smile a wave and a pat on the back.

If I were this policemans boss I'd make him a role mode for other officers to be tough on crime and not to pander to the social media netizens.

People filming you on their mobile phone is irritating. Unless your a celebrity or Yingluck.

Whether the driver was a danger to his passengers and should have been ticketed, does not negate his right to video the officer AFTER he boarded the bus. If the original video proves the driver was breaking the law, then he should be tried, found guilty and punished. However, this does not negate the fact that the officer abused his power. 

Edited by jaltsc

So in a private company, an employee pulls this stunt, intimidates customers, gets violent and tries to steal from them .... and its acceptable to move them to a desk job? Under performance, threatening behaviour, intimidation by any employee is instant dismissal except in the force.....

38 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

to the above posters , can you point me in the direction where the driver was filming while driving the bus, or did you just make it up as per usual.

I think the video is a bit of a give away

A similar thing happened to in that same area about 5 years ago.

Very aggressive police officer with no nametag or Id, refusing to give both when asked, said he was impounding my motorbike for 2 days without any receipt, and started taking it away. It was quite a hairy situation that we luckily got away from with our motorbike, but minus 1000 baht to the head guy that ended up being called by other police as there were many witnesses starting to observe and it was starting to get ugly.

With no police id, no name, and no receipt for the bike (all were refused to be given when we requested them) would have meant bike gone.  

Edited by Happy Grumpy

2 hours ago, sungod said:

So the driver was operating a mobile phone with possibly a bus full of passengers, endangering over road users and says he did nothing wrong.

and there we have it,  should be more cops like this,

How do you know what the circumstances were. Sounds more like the cop at fault to me.

4 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

How do you know what the circumstances were. Sounds more like the cop at fault to me.

Have you watched the video?

Edited by sungod

1 minute ago, dieseldave1951 said:

and what is normal line of duty in your eyes ?????

Sorry if my post was beyond your intellectual capacity

Beating and extortion for starters, which, given recent activity, anyone with even the faintest ability to understand sarcasm would have known already.

However; if you wish to argue that neither traits are normal behavior of the RTP, we'll just have to agree to disagree

4 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

Sorry if my post was beyond your intellectual capacity

Beating and extortion for starters, which, given recent activity, anyone with even the faintest ability to understand sarcasm would have known already.

However; if you wish to argue that neither traits are normal behavior of the RTP, we'll just have to agree to disagree

my intellect has nothing to do with it 

i thought you were inferring that the RTP were law abiding professionals 

and this behaviour for this cop was so unusual,

i have no trust in this force farce they would be the last people i would call for assistance

44 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

It sounds like the policeman was not properly dressed and had something to hide.  Even if was correct in pulling over the bus, he made himself look dubious.  Empowerment makes civil servants lazy and arrogant.

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Have you watched the video?

How do you know the bus was full of passengers? I failed to see that on the the video. Also the camera may have been sitting on the dash. You seem to have made a few assumptions without any evidence.

Never said it was full of passengers, check again. Stop making assumptions.

If you watch the video you can see the phone pan left and right, and moves up and down. None of that can be done stationary on a dash, besides if it was on the dash how do you account for being able to see the steering wheel?

Edited by sungod

1 minute ago, WhizBang said:

I take it that this country has no criteria for being accepted onto the police force, other than a suitably sized brown envelope.

So no background check, criminal records check, psychological testing?

The answer you will get from any locals, in any position on the social ladder, is "This is Thailand!".  And more often than not, said with pride.

1 hour ago, gandalf12 said:

That policeman should be charged with assault

Any police officer in any country that refuses to give their name and police ID information when requested while on duty should be removed from the force indefinitely. 

Charges of assault to follow for the rest of it.