Trump's election leaves American Muslims reeling and scared

webfact

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

A good post but the fact that two of your senior staff went to look after your wife's safety shows that there was cause for concern, crowds are dangerous beasts

There was a tremendous amount of confusion and wild rumors that day, and for several days afterwards.  Their concern stemmed from the fact that there were radical groups in the country (detested by the overwhelming majority) who might sense an opportunity. Thankfully, all remained peaceful.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump is famous for doing "deals'.  To settle the Muslim problem, he should contact Saudi Arabia (where all the sh!te emanates) and tell them: "look, when you allow Christians freedom of worship in Saudi Arabia and allow them to build churches all over the kingdom, and when you get rid of your religious police who slash the legs of people who do not get off the streets quickly enough at prayer time, THEN AND THEN ONLY we will welcome all Muslims with open arms to the US of A."

2 hours ago, coma said:

If they are good, law abiding citizens with no links to terrorism, anybody involved in terrorism, don't finance terrorism [ through their local mosque or some other way ] and openly denounce terrorism AND pay taxes, then I am sure they will have nothing to worry about.

Those that are worried possibly DO NOT fit into this category of Muslim. If they are scared they can always rack off back to their birthplace or some other place where Islam is more "tolerated'. :violin:

Pay taxes Trump is proud he never payed taxes

8 minutes ago, hugh2121 said:

Regardless of his actual words, it seems to me that Trump wants to stop ALL muslim immigration solely until an effective way can be found to weed out the potential terrorists. He will then allow in all who pass the new checks. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. He's trying to save innocent lives. I wish my home country (presently still in the EU) would do likewise. 

Why target muslims? While it's true that not all muslims are terrorists, it is also true that most (if not currently all) international terrorists are muslims.

Do you have any clue as to the stringency of the vetting process currently? It is lengthy, arduous, and invasive and often is declined on the most flimsy of excuses. Hell, even the translators who worked closely with the US military in Afghanistan are being declined, despite enormous support from the military, and that places those individuals in extreme danger.

4 minutes ago, blazes said:

Trump is famous for doing "deals'.  To settle the Muslim problem, he should contact Saudi Arabia (where all the sh!te emanates) and tell them: "look, when you allow Christians freedom of worship in Saudi Arabia and allow them to build churches all over the kingdom, and when you get rid of your religious police who slash the legs of people who do not get off the streets quickly enough at prayer time, THEN AND THEN ONLY we will welcome all Muslims with open arms to the US of A.

Watched a programme on T.V last night,regarding the extension to the airport in the AEU. Not surprised to learn that the importation of Non- Muslim religious books/ articles is forbidden. How so unlike Heathrow airport.

1 hour ago, Loeilad said:

You don't know much about 
Muslim people in UK either, it would appear.

Actually i do ,i did buisness with them and lived amongst them for 5 years , so i do know what i am talking about . So please do not tell me something you know nothing about in  my life . unfortunatly it seems to be something the left wing are very good at doing , telling us we know nothing and only they are right .

Edited by i claudius

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Muslim Americans are correctly worried that white nativist trumpist goons will now feel validated to act out in many kinds of hateful ways. It's already started. Same thing against gays, Latinos, Jews, etc.

Welcome to the dawn of the American fascist era.

No, some Muslim Americans are just playing the victim card as they often do for their own agenda. How can wanting to filter out potential extremist immigrants possibly have anything to do with 'hate' or 'fascism' ? This is the kind of hysterical liberal BS that helped get the guy elected in the first place

Edited by thai3

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

being anti-Muslim isn't racist, Islam is a religion not a race and lets face it Muslims haven't given themselves a good reputation lately, even the the non-violent,it's all 'change your society for me'

do you really not know what a tired old cliche that is?

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

No, some Muslim Americans are just playing the victim card as they often do for their own agenda. How can wanting to filter out potential extremist immigrants possibly have anything to do with 'hate' or 'fascism' ? This is the kind of hysterical liberal BS that helped get the guy elected in the first place

Regrettably generalised anti Muslim rhetoric is now the norm, as viciously demonstrated time and time again on this forum. How personally comfortable would you be right now walking down main street USA with Muslim features?

JT is correct anti minority agendas and proposals have dramatically increased during the election campaign. Even anti Semitic social media posts reached an estimated 2 million from non HC supporters

2 hours ago, i claudius said:

I am a Brit ,so dont know a lot about how Muslims act in America , but if they are anything like a very large proportion of them in the UK they stick together and very few denounce what the bad ones do , also the are quick to march and demonstrate against the smallest infraction against them , to be honest after working with and amongst them for many years , i heed the words of one i did business with , and that was to never trust us , because you are just a Kaffir ,he said it with a laugh , but boy was he right .

Is'n it strange to be sorry to agree with someone?

I would like you to be wrong but unfortunately you are right :sad:

Wearing Muslim clothing is a sign of non integration.  Wearing extreme salafist/wahabi burqas and face covering is a statement of extreme viewa which include contempt for democracy- sexual equality-human rights- gay rights- women's equality-..oh a visceral hate of Israel. 

Myself and Americans I know are concerned about the Muslim interpretation of Sharia Law and what we perceive to be most Muslim's interpretation of the Quran:  We already have some Muslim communities in America demanding the right to follow Sharia Law, demanding that American employers and schools allow Muslim customs like the Hijab, prayer rituals etc.

It isn't that the Muslim religion isn't tolerated in America, as it clearly is.  It is the fear that Muslims emigrating to America in numbers will demand that Americans comply with an Islamic interpretation of the rule of Law and Religion......in other words, Islam before Christianity.  

It seems clear that in Europe these issues are already at the forefront and not in a good way.  

1 hour ago, hugh2121 said:

Try spending time in Yemen.

Sure have. I was in South Yemen for nearly four years in the early 90's, starting during the first gulf war. I was mostly in the Mukalla/Wadi Hadramout area, out to the east/north-east from Aden, with the area largely being populated with semi-nomadic Bedouin with the odd town of a few thousand scattered here and there.

It was hard to get a good mornings work in eh, I was bombarded on a daily basis by the locals trying to give me chai (tea) and sometimes a bit of lunch too. It slowed the whole show down, had to sit down and chew the fat in my non-existant arabic with the locals. Sign language can get you a fair way though. The more time I spent in country the more arabic I picked up, so after a while I got to chat to these folks beyond just the standard greetings... and as a result I got to meet some of the most dignified and principled people I've met so far in my life.

These folks generally were not very wealthy either, not by what I witnessed anyway. Very humbling to meet folks who are so willing to share and be hospitable when they have so little themselves. 

It's hard sometimes to reconcile the events post 9/11 with what I witnessed during my time in Yemen, and other parts of the Middle East too. But that's a chat for another thread I suppose.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Muslim Americans are correctly worried that white nativist trumpist goons will now feel validated to act out in many kinds of hateful ways. It's already started. Same thing against gays, Latinos, Jews, etc.

Welcome to the dawn of the American fascist era.

Not being a DT supporter either maybe we should get over it and look at it like regardless of popular vote, nearly half the country and Americans everywhere can't really be all that stupid. Besides Jihad's an Islamic extremist thing like KKK was weren't they? 

If you approach this from the angle of trying to see what good can come if it, then I think it might motivate moderate and decent muslims to be more outspoken against the excesses of the extreme factions among them.

As of now they generally adopt a very "this isn't my business because Im not a terrorist" kind of thinking.

They need to realise that they are potent weapons to combat the rise of destructive and violent islamic rhetoric.

12 minutes ago, silent said:

Not being a DT supporter either maybe we should get over it and look at it like regardless of popular vote, nearly half the country and Americans everywhere can't really be all that stupid. Besides Jihad's an Islamic extremist thing like KKK was weren't they? 

KKK never beheaded INNOCENT people.

Might be good that they are scared for a while,might keep them quiet. The German police have arrested self appointed 'sharia law enforcers' who were patrolling the streets, you can do that in liberal Germany without getting shot, i don't think that they would dare try that in America.

6 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

The media are not demonising him they simply quote Trumps own words. Tell me where on this clip you find the word 'Radical"

A ban on 'all' Muslims NOT 'radical Muslims'! You are being completely disingenuous and we are not stupid people.  You are commenting on Trumps 'rhetoric' as a white middle aged christian/jewish male saying 'that's not what he meant', but actually that IS what he said. It's like a white male saying if a black person is called a n***** it is not rascist. Try living in their shoes (the Muslim or the coloured) for a day and then come back and grace us with your opinion.

Now show me in return one clip where he says he wants to ban radical Muslims only.

I can only tell you that if he allows large numbers of Muslim immigrants into the country, he will not get my vote in 2020.

I get the fact that Muslims will not get any air time for their agenda with the new government.  

What I don't get is the idea that their neighbours and co-workers suddenly wake up the day after the election and became bent on destroying them.  To me this specifically is an over reaction.  If they want to be accepted they had best keep their heads down, co tribute to society and integrate.  That is after all the way generations of immigrants, who were hated when they arrived, made America their home.

There are bigger things that are going to go down the drain under this government than the needs of various minority groups.