'Bar Keepers Friend' product needed

Mover1

Hi,

I'm looking for some 'Bar Keepers Friend' glass cleaner, to clean an old fish tank i've acquired. Here's the stuff i mean - https://www.barkeepersfriend.com/cleaning-products/cleanser-polish/ 

Apparently this is the best stuff for getting rid of white hard water stains on glass, has anyone come across it in Thailand, or more specifically in Phuket?

Failing that the next best stuff is apparently distilled white vinegar, does anywhere sell this stuff as well?

Thanks for any advice :)

Yeah i should've checked the shops for vinegar first before posting, got some today but it still hasn't cleaned the white water marks off. Also tried the Duck limescale remover and a brillo pad but that hasn't worked either! Thanks for the replies and suggestions though. 

Seems like nearly every video for cleaning fish tanks on youtube says Bar Keepers Friend is the only thing that really works well, i'll have to try and get some sent over from UK.

Try soaking paper towels in the white vinegar (full strength) and sticking them to the glass where you want to clean. Leave it on for several hours. be sure to re moisten the towels, don't let them dry out.  The acidic acid takes time to work.  Really not quick way.

If you're doing it outdoors, swimming pool acid (Muriatic Acid = concentrated HCl) will get rid of most scales.  But the stuff is nasty, hazardous (times 2) and the fumes can do serious damage to your lungs in an enclosed space.  Still, I use it for annual descaling my toilets and some other chores.  But as soon as it's poured, I'm out of there for a couple of hours at least- with the windows open.

For normal cleaning, I use vinegar and Mrjlh's vinegar soaked paper towels.  It's good for 80-90% of my household descaling jobs.

Edited by impulse

• 2 weeks later...