Video: dangerous minibus driver caught after Facebook shaming

webfact

Video: dangerous minibus driver caught after Facebook shaming

a2.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A bus driver caught driving erratically and filmed on Facebook has faced the land department music. He was suspended for a month and fined.

Thienchai Sukkhanok was filmed by a man who posted to the Sarayuth Yuth Aremeen page that was featured on Youlike (clip det).

The poster said: "Do you love your life and want to get to spend your bonus? If you do avoid Route 71. The driver was using one hand and the other was holding a phone. I see it every day". It was viewed half a million times and shared 5,000 times, reported Thairath.

One group who saw it were the overlords at the land department. They fined Thienchai 3,000 baht and ordered him suspended for a month. He also has to attend three hours of politeness training and good driving instruction.

Thienchai blamed another driver on the same route for knocking his wing mirror off. He said he was chasing the other driver to get him to stop.

The video was taken in the Rama 9 Road area on Monday morning.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-15

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"He also has to attend three hours of politeness training and good driving instruction".

The 'politeness training' will consist of teaching him to continue to drive in this fashion while all the time saying 'kaaw thoht, khrap". 

As for the 'good driving instruction' - there aren't many Thais can teach him that. 

1 month suspension LOL

3 hours of politeness training LOL

Yet safety of passengers, pedestrians and other vehicle users not even in the equation. 

And all because he was so conscious of protecting the bus companys' "wing-mirror".

You got to be kidding me !!

If there's someone from the Land Department monitoring this, they should note the need to monitor driving standards of ALL Orange bus drivers on the 71 Route. The route is totally notorious (again Orange buses only). There is very, very little difference in the appalling driving and safety standards of all the drivers, the exception being one or two women, though I've not seen them in a long while - and they weren't that  much better than the guys.

1 hour ago, MartinL said:

"He also has to attend three hours of politeness training and good driving instruction".

The 'politeness training' will consist of teaching him to continue to drive in this fashion while all the time saying 'kaaw thoht, khrap". 

As for the 'good driving instruction' - there aren't many Thais can teach him that. 

kaaw thoht, khrap ??  please

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

How can he steer a big bus like that if he's also on the phone? He should loose his license forever but i see many idiot busdrivers every day in BKK, also on the phone while driving. I never see police on patrol though so this is their fault.

These 71 buses (same size as in the video) are also along Ramkamgaeng with the same bad and dangerous driving behaviors, this road is jammed with traffic most of the day and many bus passengers waiting / alighting the many buses along this road and of the 71 buses, is the ) 

When a 71 comes in sight many of the people  on the footpaths step back. 

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

It was not MY fault but the other bus driver that knocked my

wing mirror (which I never use anyway),was just trying to catch 

up to him and force him off the road,

regards worgeordie

You are dead wrong about him not using his wing mirror. Wing mirrors in Thailand and mirrors on bikes are invariably turned inward as they come in handy admiring yourself, squeezing pimples etc. What else could they be for ?

Very much enjoying my stay in Thailand and for the last 6 weeks but I have made the motorbike journey on a Monday Cha-am to Hue Hin and return. This week I handed my motor bike back and decided the catch the mini bus too and fro to Hue Hin.

The Cha-am to Hue Hin leg had its moments like one passenger with child next to me they wanted to get off about half way.  So from the middle lane travelling about 120kph she calls stop!!!  So across 3 lanes we stop in the motorbike lane (far left), smoke coming from the tyres we stop.  Me being polite and having the middle seat, I stand up so the lady can get by me to get OFF only to find I am on my head upside down in the seat in front.  As the driver had gone past the bus stop, after stopping he suddenly reversed at full throttle about 50kph for about 300 metres. A bit of pride lost managed to smile.  This apparently normal in Thailand.

I did make it to the RCA morning tea in good time being dropped of a the River Market Shopping Centre.  my friend  himself and other good people, gave the gums a good working out.  I thought I was a good talker but you should of heard the others,  I think I came last (this time only)…very nice morning tea which stretched out to nearly a late lunch?

THE RETURN TRIP TO CHA-AM…I believe it is one of the silliest things I have ever done in my life is to take this trip.  it about 25km.  The forward trip bad enough but the return trip for this Toyota Mini Bus even in heavy traffic going from inside to outside lane repeatedly was always at full throttle.  Starting in 2nd gear, gear changers were only made at maximum revs, motor screaming!  Not a single vehicle passed us on this trip every vehicle in front of us we passed like they were standing still.  There was one moment when a group of young lads in a large pickup played a game with us but gave up when we hit 140kph.  On the straight sections once out of town the vehicle was on maximum revs and sat on 140kph.  On approaching Cha-am the bus changed lanes at least 10 times at high speed until a great moment in my life when I arrived at the Cha-am bus stop ALIVE.

BUT THIS IS THAILAND  

PS ...All mini bus drivers are nuts!!! They only have 2 speeds  "flat out and stop" usually about 1 metre behind the vehicle in front at about 140 KPH even when it is raining...I think all mini bus drivers in Thailand get a bonus for how fast they go...tourists make sure you have travel insurance before you get on one.  Quite frankly the old banger buses, a bit show and cheaper are the way to go and survive in Thailand.  Yes survive?

I'll one thing I'll say for these drivers they are just the same as all the mini bus buses in S/E Asia with some exceptions???