Have you been 'short-changed'

dingdongrb

I was recently short-changed while at Micky D's this past Sunday morning. As much as I wanted to believe it was an honest mistake I don't think that was the case from the amount that I received back.

I have been shorted before a few years ago and since that occurred I have been checking my change a little as I really never used to. I check the notes and really don't bother with the coins.

I'd like to hear if anyone else has had any issues with being short-changed while living here in CM. Does it happen often? Did you bring it to the attention of the person that gave you the change and if so how did they respond?

2 minutes ago, junglechef said:

Had an extra 100 bht added to my charge card at a gas station recently.

He had a 100 bht bill crumpled up in his hand in case I notice.

Didn't deny anything, just had a attitude that he was caught so here's the money.

Yes, indeed. This is such a key marker that the mistake was in fact not a mistake but an attempt to overcharge hoping you did not notice.

Same thing happened to me once in 7-11. One 100 Baht note short in the change from a 1000B note. When I queried it, without any delay, bam, the missing 100 Baht was produced. That cashier was gone the next day.

Bookie at Chester race course tried to pawn me off with an Irish £20. The second I queried it, bam, exchanged for a British £20.

These are people trying it on with a fall back plan.

Best to use small bills as possible. Even when they're  honest the math overwhelms them. I used to buy 2 bottles of Leo every afternoon at the shop next door. Same girl everyday using the calculator to figure out how much the bill was. 

I used to buy stuff at a small local hardware store (now gone),

paid her with a 1000 THB, and change given for 500 THB,it

happened twice, so next time i bought stuff ,I held the 1000 THB

above my head ,waved it about,we both laughed about it,she 

knew exactly what she was doing,not sure if she was just targeting

the Farang ,but I suspect she tried it with everyone who paid with

a 1000 THB.

regards worgeordie

Yes.. count your change carefully when paying with 1000B at the petrol station opposite Maddog

When you find the 100B missing call them out on it and the 100B will appear.

Had the same at another station now closed near Chiang Mai gate.

Count the change yourself.. dont fall the sneaky attendant counting out the change to your hand and shorting you the 100B somehow..