Phuket lottery vendors nabbed for overcharging

webfact

Phuket lottery vendors nabbed for overcharging

Darawan Naknakhon

1479179146_1-org.jpg

Officers at Phuket Provincial Police Station put on display lottery tickets seized from vendors charged with overcharging. Photo: Darawan Nakanakhon

PHUKET: -- Police have arrested 17 lottery-ticket vendors in Phuket for selling overpriced tickets to the public.

The arrests came after complaints were filed against the vendors, Phuket Provincial Police Chief Inspector Col Akanit Danpitaksan announced at a police press conference yesterday (Nov 14).

“According to the complaints, overpriced tickets were being sold at 21 locations across the island and we were told that some vendors sold popular numbers for as much as B100 apiece,” Col Akkanit explained.

The government-mandated price is B80 per ticket.

“Our undercover officers went to these locations bought tickets from vendors, and we found these 17 vendors selling overpriced tickets,” he said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-lottery-vendors-nabbed-for-overcharging-59859.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-15

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

Police priorities in Thailand never cease to amaze.

Yes, the police should only enforce 50 % of the laws ! Right !

The extra 20 baht, is used by gangs to buy drugs, which are sold to your kids !

2 minutes ago, bark said:

Yes, the police should only enforce 50 % of the laws ! Right !

The extra 20 baht, is used by gangs to buy drugs, which are sold to your kids !

Never thought of going to the lottery salesman for my next fix.

Thanks for the advice.

Sad to say this happens all over. Sellers will say for 4 tickets same numbers is 400bht beacuse they are all together or some tickets 90 bht beacuse there lucky numbers!!!. I buy all for 80bht no more if they try tell you otherwise just say no thank you and walk away. They do this to thai and farang alike. I don'targue no reason not want trouble just walk away.buy elsewhere. 

12 hours ago, madmitch said:

Police priorities in Thailand never cease to amaze.

What never ceases to amaze me is that some posters never cease to make comment like this.

It wasn't a priority, it was just another alleged offence that was reported to them.  While this is being investigated every other case in Thailand doesn't get put on hold, you know.

12 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

tough day for the cops busting this high profile international crime gang

So where do you draw the line that separates crimes that shouldn't be investigated from crimes that should be?  

Edited by gdgbb

7 hours ago, gdgbb said:

So where do you draw the line that separates crimes that shouldn't be investigated from crimes that should be?  

I guess that went over your head then... so let's see, crimes by the rich - not usually investigated, crimes by the poor - lock em' up