Question! How to get a police records check in Thailand?

rhino533

Has anyone obtained a criminal records check in Thailand? I need to get one that says I don't have a criminal record in Thailand. (which I don't) Has anyone done this? What are the steps? Can I apply at my local police station in Thailand or do I have to be apply for it in Bangkok? I'm Canadian living in Thailand. Any help would great! Thanks so much!

Edited by rhino533

It's relatively easy and only 100 baht in Bangkok police centre opposite Siam Paragon. I'm not sure if you can do it in your local police station. They need to fingerprint you and take pictures. 

http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

That's their website. I got one when I was abroad before and they were very efficient at answering emails in English. Contact them directly with any questions you have. In fact their service is so good I think won a big prize for efficiency a few years ago. Good luck...

2 minutes ago, claffey said:

It's relatively easy and only 100 baht in Bangkok police centre opposite Siam Paragon. I'm not sure if you can do it in your local police station. They need to fingerprint you and take pictures. 

http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

That's their website. I got one when I was abroad before and they were very efficient at answering emails in English. Contact them directly with any questions you have. In fact their service is so good I think won a big prize for efficiency a few years ago. Good luck...

Thanks so much!!

This can only be done at the RTP headquarters in Bangkok (see the link in Rhino's post).  They will ask for a formal request from your employer or whoever is requesting the background check.  The process takes about and hour and you will get the clearance letter in 3 to 4 weeks.

Kurt

14 hours ago, kbelyeu said:

This can only be done at the RTP headquarters in Bangkok (see the link in Rhino's post).  They will ask for a formal request from your employer or whoever is requesting the background check.  The process takes about and hour and you will get the clearance letter in 3 to 4 weeks.

Kurt

I did it there and wasn't for employment in Thailand, but for renewing a work permit for Papua New Guinea. Seems odd that this was required as I have an Australian police clearance as well as a PNG one. However the biddy who handles this in Thailand is well known as being a real pain. I paid a little bit extra and I think I picked up the written clearance in one or two days, pretty easy really.

7 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

I did it there and wasn't for employment in Thailand, but for renewing a work permit for Papua New Guinea. Seems odd that this was required as I have an Australian police clearance as well as a PNG one. However the biddy who handles this in Thailand is well known as being a real pain. I paid a little bit extra and I think I picked up the written clearance in one or two days, pretty easy really.

Mine was for my Angolan work visa and I was told they do not accept money for expedite.. good on ya.  As we well know in Thailand they will tell you one thing one day and something totally different the next.

Cheers