Beach Road closing Sat 19th

champers

Starts around 5 PM

Road closed from 2nd road down, North to South

Shuttle bus service from parking area in an empty land on Sukhumvit near Hwy36 and from Bangkok

Expect car parks around town like Tesco in North road etc to be packed 

Also, with the mass of crowds of Thai do-gooders from Bangkok and all over the country lining beach road... maybe the seedier businesses along the side sois could be asked to close or tone it down? 

7 hours ago, peeba7 said:

I wonder how long this will go and when the traffic will be back to normal. 

Since there's a degree of disruption from today onwards while they erect dias, big screens and other structures on Beach and Klang (west of Second), and the vigil is a one-night event, I assume that Sunday will be tear-down and pack up day. Back to 'normal' by Monday.

Personaly we are going down tonight not risking the roads this time flight down. taxi from BKK and I expect that jurney to be a nightmare. But for the Mrs and the rest of the Thais is should be a sight to behold. once I've got her to her family and mates on Saturday morning I'm off to catch my mates and catch up with a few Tigers away from beach road soi bukhau probably. then meet up with the wifes (possibly )later in day/night.

Edited by Deepinthailand

At 10:30 AM, the southbound railroad track bypass road was already gridlocked from before the Highway 7 flyover. It could have been the typical Thai fender-bender with the miscreants playing silly buggers on their phones while waiting for their insurance agents to arrive but we canceled the planned breakfast by the sea, did a u-turn and had brunch on the Darkside.

7 hours ago, kevkev1888 said:

That's a big shame :(

On this occasion I agree but the authorities here have ignored this problem for years and maybe highlighting it on this particular day may bring some long term action.............but I,m not holding my breath.

Rain easing now at 16.40 but it will take at least one hour if it stops completely for the water to subside :sad:

Edited by petermik

50 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

The local Wat Thai here in Escondido (north of San Diego) California is hosting a Loy Krathong festival on Sunday the 19th.  When is Pattaya doing it?  I miss that.  It was kind of fun a few years ago. and cool to see all the kites go up

Done already nationwide on 14th. All pretty low-key but the round up on the national news the following morning was nice to watch.

11 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

The local Wat Thai here in Escondido (north of San Diego) California is hosting a Loy Krathong festival on Sunday the 19th.  When is Pattaya doing it?  I miss that.  It was kind of fun a few years ago. and cool to see all the kites go up

Its very dull here now they have banned the beautiful balloons and fireworks. It was on the 14th and 15th. I went to chiang mai