D.N.A Nightclub

Bludshoteyes

So, anyone else being shaken out of bed by the baselines coming from the new D.N.A. nightclub on 3rd Road? Had a look at it this morning after two sleepless nights and it even looks like a giant speaker. It's going strong till 4am which is a bit out of order in a residential area, imo. Is this legal? Any chance of the BIB shutting it down or do I have to find somewhere else to live for the sake of my sanity?

Is that the one in by the Nova Group hotels?.....if so, yes..... it has woken me up several times recently. I normally manage to get back to sleep easily though. The fact that it faces into a residential area is wrong.... it shouldn't, the others on 3rd Rd don't.

3 minutes ago, tolsti said:

Is that the one in by the Nova Group hotels?.....if so, yes..... it has woken me up several times recently. I normally manage to get back to sleep easily though. The fact that it faces into a residential area is wrong.... it shouldn't, the others on 3rd Rd don't.

Yeah, I'm used to a bit of noise coming from the venues on 3rd Road which is no problem - this is central, after all - but this is another level; my apartment is vibrating. It's a couple of hundred metres north of Nova Express. Not sure it's the one you mean because it only opened on the 14th...

Yup, that's the one..... they had a couple of test nights before the 17th...... I stay in Nova Atrium and thankfully on the side not the back units which must take the full brunt of the noise.

• 2 weeks later...

agree with all the comments above, how this place got a licence to open where it is is beyond any reasoning, I have not actually looked at the building but I suspect it is not fit for purpose either as in not being constructed using thick concrete walls instead using some sort of thin cladding which does absolutely nothing towards sound insulation, I don't live near it and yet with all windows and doors closed the bass just penetrates through everything and is very disturbing.

Even though only a handful of people have posted here I suspect there are many people living in the area that are being seriously affected.

Not sure what can be done but I suspect that a considerable number of locals residents both Thai and farang have already made many complaints to city hall about this venue, with any luck some will be people with influence who will be heard and something is done. Even just restricting the bass would be a good start.

If nothing is done and this continues I would say a lot of people will be looking for somewhere else to live.

It might be a good idea to contact city hall make your complaints and encourage others to do likewise.

Ok I'll be the first one to say it  "get some earplugs , put up with it and if you don't like it go back home"    :tongue:

but no kidding I do sympathise with you ... a complaint to "the nice men in green"  would be your best bet the club is almost certainly breaking some law or other.   good luck.

This thread reminds me of the few days I spent on a Phangan beach many years ago. A solitary beach bar played music so loudly that it must have kept every person on the entire beach ( and it was a very long beach ) awake. I went down there at 2 am one night to see what was going on, and there were 2 customers and a dog inside.

Sometimes LOS stands for Land of Selfish morons.

When I complained to the receptionist, she just shrugged. TiT indeed. I left, and never went back, nor will I ever recommend that beach to anyone.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 2:14 PM, smedly said:

agree with all the comments above, how this place got a licence to open where it is is beyond any reasoning, I have not actually looked at the building but I suspect it is not fit for purpose either as in not being constructed using thick concrete walls instead using some sort of thin cladding which does absolutely nothing towards sound insulation, I don't live near it and yet with all windows and doors closed the bass just penetrates through everything and is very disturbing.

Even though only a handful of people have posted here I suspect there are many people living in the area that are being seriously affected.

Not sure what can be done but I suspect that a considerable number of locals residents both Thai and farang have already made many complaints to city hall about this venue, with any luck some will be people with influence who will be heard and something is done. Even just restricting the bass would be a good start.

If nothing is done and this continues I would say a lot of people will be looking for somewhere else to live.

It might be a good idea to contact city hall make your complaints and encourage others to do likewise.

I was right, the building is made of steel corrugated panels which offer no sound proofing whatsoever, what is inside goes straight through the structure, should never have been allowed to open in that location especially with this type of flimsy construction - shaking the whole residential area

The more people complain about this debacle the better  

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I was right, the building is made of steel corrugated panels which offer no sound proofing whatsoever, what is inside goes straight through the structure, should never have been allowed to open in that location especially with this type of flimsy construction - shaking the whole residential area

The more people complain about this debacle the better  

Yeah, how it's been allowed to open there is beyond all reason. There's literally houses 30m from it's front door. I've had my block manager on it for the last couple of weeks and he's as baffled as I am as to why more locals aren't complaining about it...

I actually believe in PM Chan(O) Cha, I don't always agree with some stuff that is going on but I generally think he is trying to sort this country out.

This nightclub D.N.A although some may not believe it is a serious issue - it is

- Someone of influence decided they wanted a nightclub

- It was erected in a residential area on land that may or may not be legal

- It was constructed of fabricated materials that offer no sound insulation at all

- on a nightly basis it is disturbing many people both Thai and farang into the small hours of the morning, there are many hotels and condos in this area that are being seriously affected by this place that should never have been allowed to be there

- IT NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN

Residents of Thailand/Pattaya should not be subjected to this kind of severe intrusion and annoyance

THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED AND SHUT DOWN

PM, can you sort this out please

The people that are running this place are very obviously saying - you can't touch us as numerous complaints have been made in the area.........are they really that powerful, I don't think so

Edited by smedly

6 hours ago, smedly said:

I actually believe in PM Chan(O) Cha, I don't always agree with some stuff that is going on but I generally think he is trying to sort this country out.

This nightclub D.N.A although some may not believe it is a serious issue - it is

- Someone of influence decided they wanted a nightclub

- It was erected in a residential area on land that may or may not be legal

- It was constructed of fabricated materials that offer no sound insulation at all

- on a nightly basis it is disturbing many people both Thai and farang into the small hours of the morning, there are many hotels and condos in this area that are being seriously affected by this place that should never have been allowed to be there

- IT NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN

Residents of Thailand/Pattaya should not be subjected to this kind of severe intrusion and annoyance

THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED AND SHUT DOWN

PM, can you sort this out please

The people that are running this place are very obviously saying - you can't touch us as numerous complaints have been made in the area.........are they really that powerful, I don't think so

Now it's just a matter of waiting until we read:
"Acknowledged. Regards, PM"

On 11/30/2016 at 1:02 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

A copy of this thread should be sent to every person contemplating buying property in LOS. :hit-the-fan:

The TV forum posters' sage, street-smart Three Primal Laws Of Survival In Thailand are already well-known:

1. Never invest in anything you aren't ready to lose;

2. Never own more than you can carry with you;

3. Keep your suitcase packed at all times.

1 hour ago, Bludshoteyes said:

Local business owners (condos and hotels) should be jumping on this hard. They know the system and they stand to lose the most when people start protesting with their feet. Pointless floating it here I know but...

I don't think it is pointless as TVF is read by authorities, I already sent a complaint to Pattaya City Hall and also linked this thread - I can find no way to email the NCPO or a senior government office

Perhaps someone with a Thai wife can call the 1111 NCPO hot line  

I went away the day before this place opened and I'm on my way home now. My house is directly in line with this place (as the crow flies), just over the other side of 3rd road.

A few years ago our whole moobahn got a petition together along with the fishing park to reduce the amount of noisey events on the 3rd road land next to this place. This worked and now they only stage events every 3 weeks or so. They also don't seem to be as loud as before either.

18 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

I went away the day before this place opened and I'm on my way home now. My house is directly in line with this place (as the crow flies), just over the other side of 3rd road.

A few years ago our whole moobahn got a petition together along with the fishing park to reduce the amount of noisey events on the 3rd road land next to this place. This worked and now they only stage events every 3 weeks or so. They also don't seem to be as loud as before either.

last night or should I say this morning this place was still thumping at just before 5am, the problem as I have stated earlier in this thread is the construction of the building - it may as well be open air as the wall provide zero sound proofing, I'd also lay any money that they do not have a licence or were approved by any planning dept, it is also possible that some local official is involved either police or local government. I think the only way to get this place shut is through the army, I will sign any petition you want to organise.

I know of a case in which such an establishment was shut down after everybody in the neighborhood got together and signed a petition and presented it to City Hall. There's also the Health Dept. if it hasn't been mentioned. A letter from a lawyer to the owners might also be helpful.

last night or should I say this morning this place was still thumping at just before 5am, the problem as I have stated earlier in this thread is the construction of the building - it may as well be open air as the wall provide zero sound proofing, I'd also lay any money that they do not have a licence or were approved by any planning dept, it is also possible that some local official is involved either police or local government. I think the only way to get this place shut is through the army, I will sign any petition you want to organise.

It was one of the Thai residents that put it all together. These places don't usually last long on the 3rd road. I've seen so many come and go over the years. Whatever was there before didn't seem to be that loud, it must've been sound proofed correctly. I barely noticed that it had been shutdown and certainly didn't notice it changing into this DNA. Let's hope something is sorted.

I haven't noticed much noise coming from this place but what I have noticed (just today whilst walking the dogs) are the guys on the roof spraying the 'Pu' foam insulation. They had two guns set up and had started spraying the upper section along the North side, on the exterior.

The condo I live in has submitted a petition to quite whom I am not sure as it is left off the English translation. I am hoping it is to the Mayor of Pattaya or even higher. The petition is joined by a large number of Thai and foreign residents and is after a Police Complaint was made and the Police confirmed that the disco should not be operating after 02.00 and that they would investigate.

Fingers crossed... hopefully a raid will happen, under age drinkers and drug users will be found and they shut it down.

5 hours ago, DMC1 said:

I haven't noticed much noise coming from this place but what I have noticed (just today whilst walking the dogs) are the guys on the roof spraying the 'Pu' foam insulation. They had two guns set up and had started spraying the upper section along the North side, on the exterior.

it will make no difference, the building needs heavy solid walls, as it is now it may as well be outdoors.

they either need to close the place or force them to erect a proper solid building and even that might not be enough

it will make no difference, the building needs heavy solid walls, as it is now it may as well be outdoors.

they either need to close the place or force them to erect a proper solid building and even that might not be enough

Yes, I did think that too. Seems to be a bit of a 'cuff' job in the hope that it will pass whatever inspection may take place since the complaints.

The whole building seems to be nothing more than corrugated sheeting!

I think something's changed because for the last week or so I haven't been kept awake as previous. Wasn't sure if it was just the delirium at first but it definitely has toned down a few notches. They still like to crank it up at quarter to four for the closing flourish but I reckon someone has had a word... 

sounds like the tiny brain big speaker has had a route of wakening

I get the impression someone of influence has been disturbed and put a muffler on things

pity they wouldn't do the same with all the tiny scooters running around pattaya that have removed their exhausts and think it makes a cool very loud noise - someone needs to tell them it really isn't cool at all, the mentality of children