Things, I dont understand, in Thailand

Peterw42

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I suspect this is due to the company they keep as the expectations are very low. Bar girls( hookers) do not care how the man looks, dresses or smells etc so the foreigner guy loses sight of personal hygiene. As long as the money gets coughed up for her services they look the other way. 

Conversely the foreigners that are working, have a business or have a wife/GF with expectations the bar raised significantly like it is anywhere in the world. Any women who has respect for herself is not going to be seen with some run down old foreigner.   

Sounds to me that you are negatively categorising groups of people to elevate your own position. There are a lot of retired guys here with a purpose in life and an active life and there are a lot of very hygeine conscious bargirls. having said that i think it is quite a big challenge moving away from a working environment into a life of retirement.

Edited by rogeroc

On ‎19‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 1:35 PM, mcfish said:

I don't really get the cutting off all ties thingy

What are the ties people speak of?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Don't ever go back on holiday, don't communicate with anyone. Do that long enough and will have no friends, no family that care about one or wish to help one.

It doesn't take long.

Yes he would make himself a easy target..Not just because his English is not good (like me) 

But also because he is probably a millionare in Lao kip haha

And he talks so good about Australia..

I lived there for a time also  and its the pits!

I could buy a ferrari with 1 years rent in Sydney!

yeck..ozzie ozzie..you can have it!

1 hour ago, Mitkof Island said:

, Dating and or marrying a bar girl (hooker), risky behavior, making no effort to learn the Thai language ,  ,learn the language,

protective_bubble.jpg

Farang12.jpg

eaXFu8d.jpg

Don't know how to delete photos. Post shorted for brevity.

Sorry, but I scorn the whole "learn the language" fallacy. Basic Thai is all that is required in most parts of Thailand. Even if living in the village, unless alone for some strange reason, conversational Thai is not necessary.

I have been living in Thailand long enough to be able to say that. Unless one actually wants to hang with Thais that speak no English, and I certainly don't, it has never been necessary.

However, that's not to say one should not do so if one wants to spend the time and effort.

As for dating bargirls ( hookers ), I have met many that are lovely people, and don't deserve the disrespect you and others give to them. Of course some are bad people, just like many non hooker people I have had the misfortune to associate with, but not all by a long chalk.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

The last picture is such a poster board reality in many of the target rich tourist environments. Those gals are like vultures. One looking at all his account information, the other waiting for him to pay up. LOL 

Edited for brevity.

What you and others don't seem to understand is that the ladies are merely providing a service like hairdressers or waitresses. They expect to get paid for their services, just like any other worker.

I guess some people believe the BS that sex should only be with someone that one loves. LOL. Sex is just sex and if someone is willing to do it with someone that is prepared to pay for it, SO WHAT?

I have lived with a western woman for "love" and she took me for everything she could get. I married a Thai woman for "love" and wish I hadn't. Renting is better, and costs less in the end.

Things I don't understand- farang guys that own businesses and don't provide a pleasant and clean environment, when they ( should ) know better.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Don't know how to delete photos. Post shorted for brevity.

Sorry, but I scorn the whole "learn the language" fallacy. Basic Thai is all that is required in most parts of Thailand. Even if living in the village, unless alone for some strange reason, conversational Thai is not necessary.
I have been living in Thailand long enough to be able to say that. Unless one actually wants to hang with Thais that speak no English, and I certainly don't, it has never been necessary.
However, that's not to say one should not do so if one wants to spend the time and effort.
As for dating bargirls ( hookers ), I have met many that are lovely people, and don't deserve the disrespect you and others give to them. Of course some are bad people, just like many non hooker people I have had the misfortune to associate with, but not all by a long chalk.

Same here. Living lower sukhumvit Bangkok and spending time in pattaya means I have zero use for the language and I certainly have zero interest in befriending Thai men who are the only thais that don't speak any English

3 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Same here. Living lower sukhumvit Bangkok and spending time in pattaya means I have zero use for the language and I certainly have zero interest in befriending Thai men who are the only thais that don't speak any English

What the zealots don't take into account is that some of us can't learn conversational Thai as came to LOS too late to learn new tricks.

I sometimes get blank looks when I ask for something in Thai, but when they say it the proper way I can't tell the difference from what I am saying. I expect it's something to do with the tonal part, but going deaf I can't distinguish tones properly.

However, it hasn't stopped me living successfully for many years in LOS.

11 minutes ago, mcfish said:

your only asking for trouble if you can,t even speak basic Thai. Love the every Thai in Pattaya speaks English arguement. Must be a different Pattaya.

44 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

Sounds to me that you are negatively categorising groups of people to elevate your own position. There are a lot of retired guys here with a purpose in life and an active life and there are a lot of very hygeine conscious bargirls. having said that i think it is quite a big challenge moving away from a working environment into a life of retirement.

Well that was not my intent at all rogeroc. Simply pointing out the general perception. I would argue your hygiene conscious bar girls statement but I do not know factually, maybe there are a few but come one. Its a John business with lost of "Clients". I can only go by the pictures I have seen, the multitude of times I have seen them with foreigners walking the streets in Hua Hin and some of the other islands areas and most recently when I did a drive through of Pattaya for the first time. As I have said and will always say, Its their choice and not for me to judge but nothing I would ever personally engage in.

I do agree though that moving away from a work environment to retirement is difficult for many, especially if they had no plan or idea what to do. People in the US struggle with that all the time which is why they feel compelled to work until they die. So conditioned they get lost without the structure. 

52 minutes ago, mcfish said:

52 minutes ago, mcfish said:
1 hour ago, JAFO said:

I suspect this is due to the company they keep as the expectations are very low. Bar girls( hookers) do not care how the man looks, dresses or smells

Absolutely not true!

Maybe you know some that do care and have expectations but I would suspect in the "John" profession its all about client and turnover as that's where the money is. I have not seen any smartly dressed guys with bar girls walking around in my tenure here. Usually I have seen them in shorts, sandals T shirts and not many look well groomed. Again not saying there aren't some, speaking generally.

Edited by JAFO

your only asking for trouble if you can,t even speak basic Thai. Love the every Thai in Pattaya speaks English arguement. Must be a different Pattaya.

What type of trouble? I hang in tourist pattaya and jomtien where non English speaking thais have no interest being there

44 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Thank you so much for your insight. You did not give back the typical insults such as : you must be miserable, you must have had a bar girl yourself, must be a religion bible banger, you must be writing about yourself. God how nice to hear a refreshing and truthful post. I don,t get near ANY of the tourist slums .

I respond in my opinion of it all Mitkof Island, I try never to insult anyone. I may not agree with a poster but no reason to insult them. They responded with their point of view as did I. I find far to many get defensive. 

I do not think learning casual Thai is important anymore HOWEVER. I will say though it absolutely depends on where one lives. If you live in BKK, Pattaya, Phuket and a few other places where English is spoken by many then its not necessary. But get outside those areas and basic Thai is quite important unless you always want to have your wife or GF do all the talking for you. One should learn enough to get around and interact with folks. It goes a long way and allows you to assimilate. 

Maybe you know some that do care and have expectations but I would suspect in the "John" profession its all about client and turnover as that's where the money is. I have not seen any smartly dressed guys with bar girls walking around in my tenure here. Usually I have seen them in shorts, sandals T shirts and not many look well groomed. Again not saying there aren't some, speaking generally.

Well that's the first time I have heard of a connection between sex clothing and grooming.

11 minutes ago, JAFO said:

People wear shorts and sandals because it is a hot country Jafo,  not because they are unclean. Come to Chiang Mai in Dec /Jan you will see different.  I think you are wrong to have such a strong opinion of bargirl hygeine when you have absolutely no experience!

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

I suspect this is due to the company they keep as the expectations are very low. Bar girls( hookers) do not care how the man looks, dresses or smells etc so the foreigner guy loses sight of personal hygiene. As long as the money gets coughed up for her services they look the other way. 

Conversely the foreigners that are working, have a business or have a wife/GF with expectations the bar raised significantly like it is anywhere in the world. Any women who has respect for herself is not going to be seen with some run down old foreigner.   

Wrong. Try getting in the pit with a bargirl without being freshly showered, it won't happen. And I have not come across any westerners whose standards have dropped, if they are scruffy, smelly gits here it's because they were the same at home.

3 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

People wear shorts and sandals because it is a hot country Jafo,  not because they are unclean. Come to Chiang Mai in Dec /Jan you will see different.  I think you are wrong to have such a strong opinion of bargirl hygeine when you have absolutely no experience!

I dunno what sort of bar girls he spends time with but the ones Ive brought home to mop my floors have all had the most sterile odor free who who's  ive ever spent time with.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have lived with a western woman for "love" and she took me for everything she could get. I married a Thai woman for "love" and wish I hadn't. Renting is better, and costs less in the end.

Isn't that a bit like saying "I crashed two cars, so nobody should drive?"

We don't all share your issues. 

On 19/11/2016 at 2:39 PM, rott said:

He did not say that he is better, neither is anybody putting you down.

It is just that for somebody who claims to be a native English speaker you do not have much command of the English language. Your posts are more what i would expect from a German or Scandinavian who is using a second language.

So you think I am more like a German or Scandinavia do you .

well are you a other mr English are you , so what if my English is not that good  , what dose that make you or him better then me no it dose not .

It gets me people like you and him think you are so,so good, well gets this mr no all , if my English is not that good, no need to run me down ok at less I am having a go .

My  English is not that good But I  did managed to buy 5 homes worth over 5 million by my self with out help from no one .

so before you or anyone gets on here and runs someone down because there English is not that good think before you open your big mouth .

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

I dunno what sort of bar girls he spends time with but the ones Ive brought home to mop my floors have all had the most sterile odor free who who's  ive ever spent time with.

Never been with a bargirl, prostitute hooker.. LOL. I have only seen the ones in my travels around Thailand and the ones walking (staggering sometimes) with their "Date for the night".

I am glad there are some professional Bar girl/ hooker users on this site that can shed some hands on experience. I stand corrected. Appears there are some class acts taking care of the western men here. LOL!!

42 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:
2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Isn't that a bit like saying "I crashed two cars, so nobody should drive?"

We don't all share your issues. 

I agree Soi biker. Clearly appears that Thai B Lovers had a relationship go bad with a western woman, then met a Thai women and it also went bad. Now its "rent them" as its cheaper. To each his own, that's for sure. 

25 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

So you think I am more like a German or Scandinavia do you .

well are you a other mr English are you , so what if my English is not that good  , what dose that make you or him better then me no it dose not .

It gets me people like you and him think you are so,so good, well gets this mr no all , if my English is not that good, no need to run me down ok at less I am having a go .

My  English is not that good But I  did managed to buy 5 homes worth over 5 million by my self with out help from no one .

so before you or anyone gets on here and runs someone down because there English is not that good think before you open your big mouth .

Nobody has been putting you down certainly not me. Neither is there any need to, you do it perfectly well on your own.