VIDEO: De Blasio warns Trump over immigrant crackdown

webfact

Arrest, charge, and try De Blasio and any other mayor who continues to defy immigration law.

Any person who— knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation. . .  A person who violates subparagraph (A) shall, for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs— in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), (iv), or (v)(II), be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both
 https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324

3 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Trump is targeting ILLEGAL immigrants. He has nothing against the legal variety.

Indeed. But I notice that truth is often missed out the reporting. Seems some prefer to try and stir up the anti immigration fever so they can play the immigration card and win the votes of legal immigrants. Hmmm seems like a universal trick the left loves to play.

Trump is calling for enforcement of existing laws and actions against people who intentionally broke the law i.e. criminals, in order to illegally be there. 

Here we have a Mayor, who appoints the Police Chief, warning that he will oppose enforcing the law. Arrest the clown.

17 hours ago, Usernames said:

Arrest, charge, and try De Blasio and any other mayor who continues to defy immigration law.

All my life laws used to impress the hell out of me as I age not so much so. Big corporations, banks governments breaking or bending the constitution are all daily occurrences now. Its a case today to get away with as much as you can while you can dog eat dog. The corporations and the rich are circumventing the tax laws at will billions of dollars going abroad that us poor smucks are being asked to make up for. Yes Leona Hemsley I am finally understand the statement you made. You were jailed for avoiding taxes but now it is fashionable. You were ahead of the times I guess. 

52 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

All my life laws used to impress the hell out of me as I age not so much so. Big corporations, banks governments breaking or bending the constitution are all daily occurrences now. Its a case today to get away with as much as you can while you can dog eat dog. The corporations and the rich are circumventing the tax laws at will billions of dollars going abroad that us poor smucks are being asked to make up for. Yes Leona Hemsley I am finally understand the statement you made. You were jailed for avoiding taxes but now it is fashionable. You were ahead of the times I guess. 

Illegal aliens have been "getting away with it" since Reagan's amnesty. Enough. It's not their country. Time for them to leave.

Just now, Usernames said:

Illegal aliens have been "getting away with it" since Reagan's amnesty. Enough. It's not their country. Time for them to leave.

Are you saying the Reagan was more actor than president? He is referred to and revered by almost everyone one. Yes it is time for them to leave but sadly they are a dam overflowing where do you start. As an alien species they have gained a foothold similar to land locked zebra mussels. 

Did anyone bother to watch the video?  The reason for his reluctance to step into this with abandon is his concern that it will elevate racism and acts of hate.  Is that an unreasonable concern when you look at what is going on right now in the US?  Consider for a moment the size, in sheer numbers, of the illegal alien community in New York.  It's clear that rounding up and shipping out illegal aliens in Billings Montana requires a different approach than doing it in New York or LA.  The unintended consequences of a precipitous and thoughtless approach could turn out to be a debacle.  They need to aim before they shoot.

2 hours ago, Redline said:

You should go join the volunteers at the border, or help build the great wall!

Sorry to have to correct you (i know you will understand) but that is 'build the fence with bits of wall'. Seems the wall will be neither big and beautiful or great. Pity I was hoping it would be another man made object they could from the ISS, like Trumps 'trail of destruction' with small business owners or contractors. Apparently if you put each piece of paper in his tax return end to end it would stretch across the border with Mexico (but there is nothing hidden in there).

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

Sorry to have to correct you (i know you will understand) but that is 'build the fence with bits of wall'. Seems the wall will be neither big and beautiful or great. Pity I was hoping it would be another man made object they could from the ISS, like Trumps 'trail of destruction' with small business owners or contractors. Apparently if you put each piece of paper in his tax return end to end it would stretch across the border with Mexico (but there is nothing hidden in there).

The tax paperwork is probably more impenetrable than the fence with

I think bits of wall....

The one act that any President can do legally (Obama is excluded he doesn't have the balls) is to cut off all Federal Funding going to either the State or eve a College.  Federal law trumps State law so failing to comply can be deal financially. In simple terms all Federally funded or even partially funded construction programs will stop. The Feds can't force the local State enforcement agencies to do the work of the Feds.  So we might see a mass hiring of Federal Officers (INS)

On 11/17/2016 at 7:59 PM, Usernames said:

It's amazing that the Dems seem intent on making the USA a 3rd world country...their stupidity is so amazing to me...and their smug moral superiority seems to be ignored by the media there...

15 hours ago, NovaBlue05 said:

Only one's I hear that from are the establishment GOP politicians.

People are sometimes weird in what and whom they worship. RR made some darn good movies beyond that ???  I have a copper medallion I came across years ago and it reads "I am Billiken (copyright 1909) The God of Things As They Ought to Be" and it has never done a darn thing for me. 

On 11/18/2016 at 6:05 PM, Andaman Al said:

I guess history will show us the blunders

Edited by Redline