Best wet tires available in Bangkok?

mortem

Hi All,

I am in search of summer tires (225/50 R16) with the best grip in wet conditions available in Bangkok.

What can I find and where to find them? I also need to have them inflated with nitrogen, so the shop selling the tires must be able to provide that service.

So far, I know Tyreplus is selling Michelin Pilot Sport 3 that is very good in wet conditions but I would like know if there are alternative such as:

- BF Goodrich G-Fforce Ssport Comp-2

- Firestone Friehawk Indy 500

Any idea? until now I had problem to find any good alternative to the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 in Bangkok :/

Thank you for the help

have you looked at vredestein?

they have decent reviews (the ultrac vorti) and when I called the bangkok based supplier the prices where a lot cheaper than MPS

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Vorti.htm

http://www.vredesteinthailand.com/th/

No personal experience, but when I need some, I'll probably try em out, cant be worse than my runflat contis now :)

16 hours ago, jonw8uk said:

have you looked at vredestein?

they have decent reviews (the ultrac vorti) and when I called the bangkok based supplier the prices where a lot cheaper than MPS

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Vorti.htm

http://www.vredesteinthailand.com/th/

No personal experience, but when I need some, I'll probably try em out, cant be worse than my runflat contis now :)

Hi jonBuk,

Unfortunately, it seems they don't make them in 225/50 R16 :/

2 minutes ago, sandmike said:

Have you looked for Michelin Primacy ?? They've got very good reviews in the US. .. I've just had them fitted to my 3.5 mitsu magna vrx in the sandpit and I'm very pleased.
Size used .. 215/60 R16

Do you think it will have better wet handling than tires like  Michelin Pilot Sport 3?

Also, didn't see my size on Tyreplus website

15 hours ago, DavisH said:

What car will these be on? You may be able to get a close size - 205 / 55 / 16 is the same diameter.  Mine are 205/50/16

It would be for an Audi S6 1997. Smallest allowed on the rims are 215 but prefer have the exact specification. I will keep checking :)

1 hour ago, mortem said:

It would be for an Audi S6 1997. Smallest allowed on the rims are 215 but prefer have the exact specification. I will keep checking :)

OK, Are they 8 inch rims? s I've had 205's and not 215's on  7.5 inch rims. The 215's were the better fit. 

6 hours ago, DavisH said:

OK, Are they 8 inch rims? s I've had 205's and not 215's on  7.5 inch rims. The 215's were the better fit. 

They are 7.5 but fitted in 225. I know 215 can go but would prefer stay with original size.

My main issue anyway is the lack of Summer tire availability or they are too confidential.

Most of the brands (european, japanese, korean, etc...) provide just a fraction of their catalog and that's annoying as I like having choice :/

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Just to give you an update: the project with the Audi S6 just didn't happen so I had to find another one.

I ended up with an Audi A8 D2 with 245/45 R18 tires.

I did some research between what is available in Bangkok (very limited choice) and what is matching my requirement (Ultra-High Performance or Max Performance with good wet traction) and ended up buying Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 from Black Donut. The price was good and the tire are - so far - quite nice.

With the rainy season coming, I will be able to check if they are matching my expectation ;)