Where can I buy mince pies in Pattaya?

zombie nights

The London Pie shop ..   tried a couple of there Mince Pies .....freshly made and with plenty of filling ....excellent quality ..I will defiantly  be buy  more before Xmas ........

www.facebook.com/The-London-Pie-Jomtien-495946990568738/?hc_ref=SEARCH

I just went to Villa and, as usual at this time of the year, they have the six-packs of Walkers mince pies at something like 440 Baht a pack and also the more up-market ones made with Glenfiddich whiskey, but they are well over 500 Baht. Nice if you can afford them but I think I'll stick with the Ecclefechan tarts, in spite of what Nan Laew says above about there only being two of them!

17 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Big C Extra have them...............in the bakery dept they were next to the 29baht pizza slices today.....59 baht a pie approx 3 inch diameter.

Blimey, that would be almost 360 Baht for half a dozen, not much cheaper than the imported Walker's mince pies in Villa.

How much are the mince pies in the London Pie Shop anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2016 at 1:25 PM, Enoon said:

The nuances of the English language, as used by English people, can be very confusing for foreigners.

For instance the difference between mincemeat (minced fruit) which is used in a sweet "mince pie" and minced meat/meat mince (minced flesh) which is used in a variety of savoury dishes and pies.

But we know what we're "on about".

Mincemeat - Wikipedia

Mincemeat - is an abbreviation of "minced sweetmeats"

meat originally meant "article of food"

when we talk about meat as in "flesh" we usually say "mince" on its own, but when we talk about a particular animal - we use the word "minced" (with a D) - e.g minced beef.

Edited by Loeilad

7 hours ago, Loeilad said:

Mincemeat - is an abbreviation of "minced sweetmeats"

meat originally meant "article of food"

when we talk about meat as in "flesh" we usually say "mince" on its own, but when we talk about a particular animal - we use the word "minced" (with a D) - e.g minced beef.

So why did you make a second thread on the same subject?

On 05/12/2016 at 9:33 AM, Guderian said:

Blimey, that would be almost 360 Baht for half a dozen, not much cheaper than the imported Walker's mince pies in Villa.

Last year the BigC ones were much larger than normal size, so the price per kilo is lower. I'm not saying they are cheap though. They were tasty.

26 minutes ago, Loeilad said:

I did a search - and the only one that came up was in the Chiang Mai forum - I'm looking for mince pies in Pattaya - is that good enough for you?

Yup. Good enough to show that the TV search function is still crap.

Edited by NanLaew

After an incredible journey and amazing search around pattaya I am pleased to say I have finally found them; they were selling fast so in the spirit of the season I cleared the shop of all its mince pies which will shortly be greedily consumed by me and my family...

Thx all the replies..

Merry Xmas!

mince pie.jpg

Edited by zombie nights