Yingluck stands trial for dereliction of duty on rice scheme in Supreme Court today

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Fed up? at least the farmers got finally paid and they are doing something about all the encroachment of public land. Or is it because they don't get paid to demonstrate and vote anymore?

The farmers knew better that they ddnt got paid due to an elaborate set-up by Suthep and the military leading to the coup. Everyone know that except you. 

37 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I am sure that the junta was looking to set her up for scam and corruption but couldn't find the overwhelming evidence. Your overwhelming evidence will help 555. You crack me up.

Read your post, illogical at least, not surprising, just another of your silly attempts to divert.

13 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The farmers knew better that they ddnt got paid due to an elaborate set-up by Suthep and the military leading to the coup. Everyone know that except you. 

Silly me Eric.

I thought that they didnt get paid because there was no money to pay them with simply because they did not sell enough rice to cover the revolving debt.

Something that happens when you buy at a high price and can only sell at a loss.

Suthep pointed out, quite correctly that when ANY Thai government is dissolved it becomes a caretaker government until the new government is formed.

Under Thai law NO government whatever the name or shirt colour is allowed to borrow money for any project new or current.

This is designed so that the outgoing government does not leave a huge debt to the incoming government that it is duty bound to pay.

Just now, billd766 said:

Silly me Eric.

I thought that they didnt get paid because there was no money to pay them with simply because they did not sell enough rice to cover the revolving debt.

Something that happens when you buy at a high price and can only sell at a loss.

Suthep pointed out, quite correctly that when ANY Thai government is dissolved it becomes a caretaker government until the new government is formed.

Under Thai law NO government whatever the name or shirt colour is allowed to borrow money for any project new or current.

This is designed so that the outgoing government does not leave a huge debt to the incoming government that it is duty bound to pay.

Well said, but unfortunately a waste of time to post this in response to el,  he won't see the truth and make honest comment because it doesn't suite his dishonest agenda. 

8 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Yes,  an amnesty has little value when the population gets so fed up they decide to take back their country en masse.

Things will change when big brother gets a royal pardon on or around 20th of February. You heard it here first and predict this site will crash on the news.

1 hour ago, BAFC said:

Things will change when big brother gets a royal pardon on or around 20th of February. You heard it here first and predict this site will crash on the news.

I agree. It will come eventually. Maybe not that soon. Then a certain military leader will be frothing at the mouth more than usual.

Although Thailand is the hub of disorganised kaos some events are as predictable as the next military coup.

10 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The farmers believe everything the red shirt leaders will tell them and you too. If you bothered to study the facts you would know it is rubbish. They weren't paid for over 6 moths BEFORE the banks blocked the money.

Then again you can't expect much reading skills from people who had a couple of years of primary school, what is your excuse you don't read?

17 hours ago, Denim said:

Might see Prayuth in the same position one day.

Oh no .................  sorry I forgot. Regardless of anything he has granted himself and his mates amnesty. Nice one ......:thumbsup:

Yes and I though I had read that the amnesty was retroactive to include prior administrations, obviously I either read it wrong or it was written wrong.

9 hours ago, BAFC said:

That would be big news indeed,  Why do you think this?

12 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Fed up? at least the farmers got finally paid and they are doing something about all the encroachment of public land. Or is it because they don't get paid to demonstrate and vote anymore?

How have they been convincing the people to vote for them now?

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

The farmers believe everything the red shirt leaders will tell them and you too. If you bothered to study the facts you would know it is rubbish. They weren't paid for over 6 moths BEFORE the banks blocked the money.

Then again you can't expect much reading skills from people who had a couple of years of primary school, what is your excuse you don't read?

You cant handle facts if they hit you in your rear. 

Dec 2013 Parliment dissolved

Jan 2014 Farmers demand payment and threatened protest

Feb 2014 KrungThai and GSB agreed to lend BAAC a combined 1.4 B USD

Feb 2014 Suthep and his UNION allies threatened both banks which withdrew the loans giving excuse that they cant lend to caretaker government.

Your derogatory insults just expose your age when losing an argument.

57 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

there is no election, what vote are you talking about

Oh I forgot, well thats one way of taking care of the votes.  Why couldn't they just make strict laws against paying for votes and have an election. Fear that the people will have to much say maybe?

22 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

She will stick to the script whatever that is. Might include some tears again. But she'll make sure not to be filmed laughing her rocks off afterwards like once before.

So far, she has not offered one single word of explanation or in her defense. Just constant moans and demands to be "treated fairly". Someone needs to explain that being treated fairly is not the same as being let off. 

True but don't forget she and her cronies have on numerous occasions said  ' but i'm a good girl' / 'she's really a nice lady', etc.

It just keeps getting moved back further. In 2028 they may be saying the same thing.

Well as long as Thailand remains peaceful and content let's leave the election date up to the current government. But, yes there does need to be an election or this uncertainty of what the future brings will linger and cause more worry for the people and the economy.

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

You cant handle facts if they hit you in your rear. 

Dec 2013 Parliment dissolved

Jan 2014 Farmers demand payment and threatened protest

Feb 2014 KrungThai and GSB agreed to lend BAAC a combined 1.4 B USD

Feb 2014 Suthep and his UNION allies threatened both banks which withdrew the loans giving excuse that they cant lend to caretaker government.

Your derogatory insults just expose your age when losing an argument.

And you very conveniently forget, at the time the red gangs / pt immoral yes men demanded that these banks just hand over most of the depositors funds (money lodged with the banks by large numbers of rich and poor depositors who lodged these funds believing they were safe and secure and the banks concerned would behave morally and ethically according to Thai banking laws and regulations and according to international banking standards and rules).

And you conveniently forget, at that time many respected bankers, senior statesmen and more were just horrified at the demands / ideas of the pt cronies (kittirat just one example, but more) to just demand the depositors funds be handed over.

You might like to also remember the comments that such an action would totally destroy international investor confidence in the Thai economy and kill  FDI.

el, again you think you can hoodwink those that experienced these times, your in fact insulting.

You write "Your derogatory insults just expose your age ...". I mention again; and you seem to think that your continuous derogatory comments have not been noticed. Your pathetic.  

On 18/11/2016 at 9:42 PM, sjaak327 said:

Hmm, no the policy as such wasn't a scam. And it is good to remind you that this policy was executed using an electoral mandate (I know must be a foreign concept for people cheering on coup mongers).

Furthermore, there is no evidence whatsoever that the accused benefited personally.

I consider being voted in as PM a personal benefit. Can you honestly claim the electoral bribe contained in the scam (what it was, despite your denial) had no effect on the results?

You might also ask yourself why a policy known to be a failure AND corrupt was re-instated without alteration.

20 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Really, the rice pledging scheme was a fantastic success - there was literally piles of money waiting to pay those farmers. That they hadn't been paid for months is just an anti-democratic lie.

Any more red pipe dreams Eric?

5 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Well as long as Thailand remains peaceful and content let's leave the election date up to the current government. But, yes there does need to be an election or this uncertainty of what the future brings will linger and cause more worry for the people and the economy.

You can't just bury your head in the sand as people have their human rights trampled upon. The junta is completely unchecked. People can not speak their mind without fear of attitude adjustment. It's peaceful because the people with all the guns are setting the rules and everyone else has no choice but to abide by them and no way to change it.

1 hour ago, jcsmith said:

You can't just bury your head in the sand as people have their human rights trampled upon. The junta is completely unchecked. People can not speak their mind without fear of attitude adjustment. It's peaceful because the people with all the guns are setting the rules and everyone else has no choice but to abide by them and no way to change it.

Ironic that what you post is close to a duplication of the broad scenario in the paymasters hayday of building a dictatorship.

Reporters and journalists afraid to ask question, afraid to write analysis, afraid they would be sued into bankruptcy,  paymaster had two batttons;  'yes; and 'no' to indicate whether he would answer questions.

And let's not forget the infamous case where a foreign journalist asked him an awkward question, paymasters verbal response  was 'idiot scum' and the journalist was deported the next day.  

How does all of that work for you in regard to human rights?

Edited by scorecard