how many pages do you need left in passport?

7 hours ago, Mr0Yallow said:

Always question. I overstayed my Thai Visa once, by less than 12 Hours due to a holiday, I had to leave & return. I chose to fly to Siam Reap, as it was the only flight available. Spent a day on the bus to Phnom Penn, the following day I checked for chatter about the Thai visa section there. I saw many comments stating that the Thai visa section would deny a visa for the slightest excuse, however you can give money to the guard at the gate, and the following day you could pick up your passport with the proper visa attached. I did not bother to try it as I realized I had a multiple entry visa. The Immigration official at the Thai/Cambodia border told me she did not know why the BKK immigration official was so "mean".

I have learned when doing business at any Thai government Office it is best to wear long pants and a button up shirt. I recalled when I first was "overstayed" I was wearing shorts & t-shirt...

my only problem with this, is ive already tried once.  i am almost hesitant to go try again, even if i try to give some extra $.  I might check it out.  I am also hesitant of just having a full book and then them denying me entry bc of a stamp. I do have room for a stamp but in Cambodia and Thailand, its sometimes up to the gods when things are aligning up a little borderline. 

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

I have 3 blank sides at the very front in my passport. Can these be used for visa stickers or immigration stamps?

That varies depending on the passport issuing authority. Some passports have pages at the front that are supposed to be used for endorsements. Do those pages have any markings to indicate that they have a special use? Even if they do, you may find some consulates and immigration offices willing to use them for other than their strictly intended purpose, but you cannot rely on that.

That varies depending on the passport issuing authority. Some passports have pages at the front that are supposed to be used for endorsements. Do those pages have any markings to indicate that they have a special use? Even if they do, you may find some consulates and immigration offices willing to use them for other than their strictly intended purpose, but you cannot rely on that.

I have the same problem in mine 4 blank pages in the front . Can they be used?

I was wondering if they have to put the stamps and viasas in order.

I am UK citizen and I can't see anything different from the other pages.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There is one side opposite the photo page that is reserved for official observations. Every other page is blank/useable.
It's a newish UK passport mid 2015, and it's getting full fast.

Maybe they can be used as emergency /warning pages one the rest are full.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

just to add; the usa consulate/embassy in chiang mai no longer adds pages; they DO however provide a service via a form where someone else (example Star Visa right down the street) can pick up the passport for you and send it to you

5 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

just to add; the usa consulate/embassy in chiang mai no longer adds pages; they DO however provide a service via a form where someone else (example Star Visa right down the street) can pick up the passport for you and send it to you

There is no need to pay somebody to pick it up and mail it you at the embassy in Bangkok or the consulate in Chiang Mai. You can buy a Thai Post "courier pass-back envelope”  for 100 baht to have it sent to you. You have to leave your old passport passport with them to use the service.

See: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/adult-passport-renew/