New Honda Rebel 300 & 500

mikebike

2 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

If the 300 uses the 286cc thumper, does the 500 use the 471cc twin?

Yes.

More details and specs in the link below. Mrs. mikebike had a Savage 650 back home and hasn't been too chuffed about any of the newer cruiser bikes available here... now she is pumped over the new Rebel... she actually started riding on an original Rebel 250 which was totally disassembled and rebuilt in our living room!! 55555!!

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/honda/honda-rebel.html

• Like 2

I hope the engine got retuned for low down torque and maybe counterbalancer to remove vibes above 5k RPM. I have the CBR500R and a cruiser is not exactly what comes to my mind when thinking about the engine. Should have put a 270 degree crank on it too.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just bought this yesterday in Korat. 159,500 Baht.  Yes this is the 300 cc.  The 500 is a twin cylinder and would have two exhausts coming from the engine.

Edited by Ken
  • Like 2

Cheesey is the word, saw one today, pretty bloody awful IMO. If they took the badges off you would think it was Chinese....

I plan on buying a CRF250 at the end of the year and wanted to take a look to see it would work better. My plans remain unchanged, the CRF has that well proven 250cc engine.... and a 128k price-tag. Looks like a proper bike, the Rebel looks like a fake.

Edited by AllanB

Jesus H. Christ!!!  I don't believe it!!

Allan B's first paragraph in the above post; i actually agree with him... There's a first. Wonders never cease.

# Current CRF250L RRP is 135,500, they've also got 2 more bhp than previous models. And a tach.

• Like 1