Video: Netizens impressed with Thai father for not fleeing the scene - and raising his child well!

webfact

Video: Netizens impressed with Thai father for not fleeing the scene - and raising his child well!

p3.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A Thai man impressed the world of social media by not fleeing the scene.

While comments by his young child caught on tape showed he was training the next generation of Thai drivers very well.

The dash cam video posted on YouTube by Aumboon Sukthawee found its way to Youlike  where it was view half a million times. It showed a white car cutting in front of a pick-up truck that clipped it, reported Thairath.

The white car hits the side of the expressway and rolls. But instead of fleeing the scene the pick-up driver gets out to see if he can help.

And a young occupant of the pick-up was heard to say: "Mummy! Daddy will have to own up to that!"

Netizens commented on the awful driving of the white car but praised the driver for getting out to help and teaching his child right from wrong.

Fortunately only one person in the white car was slightly hurt in the accident that happened on the Bang Plee - Suksawat expressway early Saturday morning.

Police have charged the white car driver with negligent driving causing injury.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-21

10 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Daddy should have moved his truck to the hard shoulder. Daddy has a wife and a child in that truck in the fast lane. Daddy did stop, well done, but daddy should think of his family first. 

The police would not be happy if daddy moves the pickup before they got a chance to spray at least on can of color on the road...

I find myself doing that. i.e. Being amazed in Thailand when I see someone doing the right thing. My expectations have sunk very low and are very easily exceeded.

I feel I have dropped my moral standards too.

Land Of Low Expectations

12 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

The police would not be happy if daddy moves the pickup before they got a chance to spray at least on can of color on the road...

His dashcam footage helps if he did.

I was pleased to hear what sounded like his seatbelt being unfastened as he got out.....& lets hope Mum & Nong were belted in too :)

LOL! Thailand really is AMAZING!

Now people are even being praised for not fleeing traffic accidents. Whats next? People will get medals for not stealing, while shopping at Tesco?

Edited by khunpa

2 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

The first car was in the wrong ,so if any damage to the car it should be paid by the insurance of the first car.

If the driver of the second car would make a run for it he would be found guilty and nothing would have been paid.

Is this news ?

Indeed expectations getting lower by the day here.

Yes, it is news.

3 hours ago, khunpa said:

LOL! Thailand really is AMAZING!

Now people are even being praised for not fleeing traffic accidents. Whats next? People will get medals for not stealing, while shopping at Tesco?

A monument on the highway commemorating this unique occasion would be more fitting. 

when raising children, we praise them profusely for doing very simple common sense things that we consider proper. Pretty much the same thing here, many people here have  not yet developed or may never, so when one does what we from western cultures know and do which we consider proper, they need to be profusely complimented. "that's a good boy, you didn't run away like a coward. You stood by to take responsibility for your actions". Things take time. Now don't go cutting in line either.

4 hours ago, thequietman said:

Daddy should have moved his truck to the hard shoulder. Daddy has a wife and a child in that truck in the fast lane. Daddy did stop, well done, but daddy should think of his family first. 

unfortunately many times when its  busy that hard  shoulder is  full of "me first winkers" and even more chance a Texting lorry driver  will smash Mummy and  baby to bits

This is "standard" Thai driving, see it daily on the expressways in fact the method  is drive until theres  no more room to  pull in then just hope a  space opens up

Edited by kannot

55 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

How many cars drive past having seen the accident happen. Do not get involved here ????

Thais know that many drivers go "tooled up" here, Guns, Swords etc.  

Discretion being the better course than valor, may take a pic in passing of anything particularly outrageous & post it on F/B, a marginal improvement on before....

Where accelerate away would seem the better option..... 

5 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

So the driver was "complemented" for not fleeing the scene. Wow !!

Joke.

Any half decent person would not flee the scene.

But seems to be all too common with Thai drivers. 

I see you've not learned the local ways. Granted, hard to do in Pattaya when Buriram Noi's English is no speak good . I really can't be arsed explaining why people flee the scene but to say it is often the best thing to do for cultural differences. You see different cultures do different things and it doesn't make one better than the other.

A positive post and still many jump at demeaning the Siamese for being inferior to their own superior race.

Well done that driver!

It is hard to say what is the safest thing to do, in such a situation I think many good minded citizens think should stay where they are so the police can take measurements.

Is there a hard shoulder? and is it safe from speeding motorists who decide to use it to get past a hold up?

My thoughts are "Risk Assessment".

First safety of ones self...

Second the safety of my passengers...

Third assist those injured...

Another consideration would be to pull forward of the damaged car and use it as a shield.

Though a really good Samaritan my consider getting their passengers to a place of safety before using their car as a shield, particularly in this incident to stop vehicle pushing past in the outside lane.

Yes, I'd agree in the "west", here tho the hard shoulder is simply an extra lane where they drive even faster so not much safer in my eyes.

You're also not supposed to "move" any vehicles that have been involved in any accident until Police and insurance have seen their positions I think.

Edited by Tatsujin

Fleeing the scene is used when you are involved in an accident. Being a witness or coming upon the scene and not stopping does not equate to fleeing the scene....

I doubt the world is impressed....Again, searching desperately to build their image and stroke that fragile ego...

Was the headline created to take away from another example of bad driving? Focus on the cause not the reaction...

Edited by cardinalblue

37 minutes ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

I may have missed something...but why would he flee, anyway.  The other guy cut him short.  

What you missed is that this is Thailand!

actually, the reality is, if a driver is found guilty of causing injury to another, he becomes responsible for associated costs, and if that include injuring a person, to the extent of that person not being able to work again, then the driver is responsible for the lifetime of the injured ( or so I read somewhere... corrections welcome)

therefore, the natural ( learnt) response is to flee the scene, even if not actually responsible for an accident.... just in case someone claims otherwise, which could be contentious without the dashcam evidence, or eye witnesses stepping forward.