The anti-Trump resistance takes shape: 'Government's supposed to fear us'

webfact

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Opl said:

Do you know any other great democratic country where electoral rules reverse the result of the choices of the voters?

Did you complain about the system when Obama won twice in a row using the same system ?    Why complain only now ?  

Part of the resistance of course, now that the UNTHINKABLE has occured ("president" trump) ... the effort to IMPEACH trump begins. 

The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun
The effort to impeach President Donald Trump is already underway.

At the moment, the new commander in chief was sworn in, a campaign to build public support for his impeachment went live at ImpeachDonaldTrumpNow.org, spearheaded by two liberal advocacy groups aiming to lay the groundwork for his eventual ejection from the White House

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/2017/live-updates/politics/live-coverage-of-trumps-inauguration/the-campaign-to-impeach-president-trump-has-begun/?utm_term=.3429de068696

president trump is a reality. 

But the RESISTANCE is also here to stay and historically early. 

trump, now technically president, is already in violation of the constitution (related to his foreign business).

Democrats prepare for Trump with one of the earliest resistance movements ever to greet a new president

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/democrats-prepare-for-trump-with-one-of-the-earliest-resistance-movements-ever-to-greet-a-new-president/2017/01/19/a753300c-de61-11e6-ad42-f3375f271c9c_story.html?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.9ef481c511e1

Petition at whitehouse.gov for the fraudulent POTUS to resign!

Donald Trump:  Resign as President of the United States in Violation of the Emoluments Clause.  Release Your Tax Returns

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/donald-trump-resign-president-united-states-violation-emoluments-clause-release-your-tax-returns

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:38 AM, Catoni said:

Did you complain about the system when Obama won twice in a row using the same system ?    Why complain only now ?  

Because there comes a point when the boil has to be lanced.

A must watch for those interested in the resistance to trump from a lady that knows an awful lot about living under an authoritarian. She correctly sees trump as an American Putin. While I'm not really fearing a "holocaust" as she is (but who knows?) I do generally agree with her that the REALISTIC optimistic goal now is that there is an American DEMOCRACY that can REVIVED after we get through with trump. In Russia's case, Putin is dictator for life, we're not sure how long we'll be stuck with trump.

On 1/21/2017 at 9:40 PM, RuamRudy said:

Yes... and that time is when your candidate loses... right?   The time to lance the boil is not when your candidates are winning is it?   The democrats and other leftists kept quiet and had no criticism of the Electoral College system when it was working well  for them and their candidate won...  

1 minute ago, Catoni said:

Yes... and that time is when your candidate loses... right?   The time to lance the boil is not when your candidates are winning is it?   The democrats and other leftists kept quiet and had no criticism of the Electoral College system when it was working well  for them and their candidate won...  

I am not American so I comment merely as an observer. You are welcome to check my post history - I am no fan of Hillary either. In fact, I am not a fan of any of the mainstream politicians of either persuasion, who are simply offering slightly differing variants of the same corrupt system where us little people continue to furnish the big people with our toil for their benefit. That is why I say that the boil has to be lanced - nothing will ever change otherwise. Us, our children and their children as well -  we will all continue to be screwed for generations to come unless something radical happens to change the shape of things.

On 1/21/2017 at 9:40 PM, RuamRudy said:

Sure.... and that time just happens to be when the Lib/Dems lose a election.. right ?   

Snowflakes....  555555 :) 

Edited by Catoni
Typing correction...

1 minute ago, Catoni said:

Sure.... and that time just happens to be when the Lib/Dems lose a electio.. right ?   

Snowflakes....  555555 :) 

Why post questions if you are not interested in the answers?

12 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Why post questions if you are not interested in the answers?

You didn't finish your answer....  so why should I be interested ?  

You said.... "... unless something radical happens to change the shape of things."    Define... "..radical..."      

What is it you would like to see happen ?  ..  Anything ?  As long as it stops Trump or anyone who is not left wing ? ? 

You complain of nothing changing...   Didn't Obama change things ?    Is Trump not different enough for you ?  

At least he is working harder to keep his campaign promises than any other President in recent history..    Isn't that a good thing ?  

Wow... a President who actually doing his best to keep his campaign promises.....  I think that is a change... a BIG change. 

Give the guy a chance to prove himself....  he's only been president for a few days.    Give him six or eight months and let's see how he does..      

Something tells me he will work much harder on the job then Obama did.  I think you will see a change.   Trump does not seem as interested in fooling around going on vacation all the time and playing golf all the time like Obama did. 

Trump actually seems to like hard work.  He could have just bought a nice island in the south Pacific and retired in amazing luxery if he wished..   Instead.. he took the hardest job in the world. 

Give the guy a chance to prove himself...  

Edited by Catoni

2 minutes ago, Catoni said:

You didn't finish your answer....  so why should I be interested ?  

You said.... "... unless something radical happens to change the shape of things."    Define... "..radical..."      

What is it you would like to see happen ?  ..  Anything ?  As long as it stops Trump or anyone who is not left wing ? ? 

You complain of nothing changing...   Didn't Obama change things ?    Is Trump not different enough for you ?  

At least he is working harder to keep his campaign promises than any other President in recent history..    Isn't that a good thing ?  

Wow... a President who actually doing his best to keep his campaign promises.....  I think that is a change... a BIG change. 

I am not sure how clearer I can be, but I suspect that your perspective is very polarised so I am unlikely to make myself understood by you.

I admit that I had high hopes for Obama but he turned out to be an endless series of disappointments. For Trump I have no such optimism because I see him for what he is - a greedy, egotistical man who tells lies to gullible fools about him being different from the rest. He is not different He is not your friend; he does not care for you or your family. He sees you as a resource that he and his family will exploit for as long as you continue to vote for him and his like. Democrats, Republicans, Tories or Labour - they are only interested in maintaining the status quo and furthering their own self interests while they are at it.

P.s. Did the Donald not promise to release his tax returns?

A more MILITANT faction involved in the resistance. Posting because it's part of the story. 

Who are the ‘Anti-Fascists’ Fighting the ‘Alt-Right’?

“Antifa combines radical left-wing and anarchist politics, revulsion at racists, sexists, homophobes, anti-Semites, and Islamophobes, with the international anti-fascist culture of taking the streets and physically confronting the brownshirts of white supremacy, whoever they may be.”

http://forward.com/news/361423/who-are-the-anti-fascists-fighting-the-alt-right/

Practical advice for the anti-trump resistance.

trump ain't going anywhere anytime soon, so neither is the anti-trump RESISTANCE.

This is not going to be an easy four years. We’re going to be subjected to constant gaslighting by the President and his administration. We’ll be dealing with a ferocious, multi-front attack on the entire progressive agenda, without exception, and a lot of it is going to succeed. We’re going to helplessly watch institutions we care about and depend upon destroyed. The Trump years are going to be emotionally exhausting and deeply traumatic for all of us, but particularly to those dedicated to protecting the vulnerable and preserving democracy.

https://medium.com/the-coffeelicious/how-to-stayoutraged-without-losing-your-mind-fc0c41aa68f3#.n1jlvrns3

OK, I think this is an AMAZINGLY interesting article.

I'm been feeling that trump is aggressively and intentionally stimulating even more internal POLARIZATION. Of course he did that all during his campaign, but many people thought (silly of them) that he would get more normal and unifying after being elected. But no, he didn't. Why? I think this article explains it and it also has a theory that the kind of resistance that has been happening predictably so far, and will likely continue and grow, may be playing right into his game. Totally depressing of course, but worth considering. 

In Venezuela, we couldn’t stop Chávez.
Don’t make the same mistakes we did.

How to let a populist beat you, over and over again.

The problem is you.

How do I know? Because I grew up as the “you” Trump is about to turn you into. In Venezuela, the urban middle class I come from was cast as the enemy in the political struggle that followed Chávez’s arrival in 1998. For years, I watched in frustration as the opposition failed to do anything about the catastrophe overtaking our nation. Only later did I realize that this failure was self-inflicted. So now, to my American friends, here is some advice on how to avoid Venezuela’s mistakes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/01/27/in-venezuela-we-couldnt-stop-chavez-dont-make-the-same-mistakes-we-did/

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

OK, I think this is an AMAZINGLY interesting article.

I'm been feeling that trump is aggressively and intentionally stimulating even more internal POLARIZATION. Of course he did that all during his campaign, but many people thought (silly of them) that he would get more normal and unifying after being elected. But no, he didn't. Why? I think this article explains it and it also has a theory that the kind of resistance that has been happening predictably so far, and will likely continue and grow, may be playing right into his game. Totally depressing of course, but worth considering. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/01/27/in-venezuela-we-couldnt-stop-chavez-dont-make-the-same-mistakes-we-did/

Of course it is playing right into his game. Your histrionics are a caricature of how the Democrats through their identity politics, sought to parse up the electorate and create division rather than unity. Trump creates division too but you've painted a huge target on your back. Democrats need to go back to being Democrats instead of Republicans "lite" that take in every stray identity group that isn't in touch with the lives most Americans lead.

OK, I'm not there now with the optimism because in my view the trump era is the beginning of one of darkest eras in American history, so it's just really hard to be optimistic given that, but an interesting quote anyway:

https://www.thenation.com/article/trumps-crony-cabinet-is-full-of-scared-losers/

“The hour calls for optimism; we’ll save pessimism for better times.” 

Here’s the good news: All this makes Donald Trump incredibly vulnerable. This is the guy who came to power telling the boldest and brashest of lies, selling himself as a champion of the working man who would finally stand up to corporate power and influence in Washington. A portion of his base already has buyer’s remorse, and that portion is just going to grow.

The resistance is PERSISTENT.

It's got to be considering the level of the EVIL that is being resisted against.

Th

The resistance to Trump is big, diverse and ferocious

Just one full week into Donald Trump’s presidency, the dizzying pace of news has left many of us feeling a sense of political vertigo — and dread.

The new administration began with a poorly attended inauguration that led a wounded Trump to lash out at the media in a bizarre speech at the CIA’s headquarters. As millions of women and men marched in Washington and cities around the world, press secretary Sean Spicer summoned reporters to the White House briefing room and, defying clear evidence to the contrary, brazenly and falsely claimed that Trump drew “the largest audience ever to witness an inauguration — period.” 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-resistance-to-trump-is-big-diverse-and-ferocious/2017/01/31/b0d89e52-e710-11e6-80c2-30e57e57e05d_story.html?utm_term=.9dc55cd99972

Calm down, calm down;  it's democracy in action, stop complaining, youur country voted him in and it's no other countries business, not even Liverpool (51st state)

I quite like Trump though, he did The Littlewoods cup draw many years ago with Saint and Greavsie, which makes him very credible. 

What you really need is someone like Derek Hatton to sort this mess out and talk to the middle class moaners about what it's like being working class and help The Don get his message across.