The anti-Trump resistance takes shape: 'Government's supposed to fear us'

webfact

8 minutes ago, iReason said:

I wouldn't know.

Do you?

If so, please substantiate your sarcastic claim.

And support why you think "leftist" is a bad thing.

Nothing wrong with being left or right as long as you tell the truth.  So far, the Trump administration is falling short of this.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

And yet some say he was a terrible president.  I think an OK president with a terrible congress.  Love this comment from your link:

To be fair, Obama pulled this one off on friendly grounds, doubt public response would the same all over the country. Also, ignoring that Trump still gets a lot of support from "everyday Americans" is a choice. Underestimating this support, or dismissing all them people (such as those attending his post-elections campaign rallies, for example) is, IMO, a mistake.

7 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Nothing wrong with being left or right as long as you tell the truth.  So far, the Trump administration is falling short of this.

You're right (no pun intended).  But, the left (and some of the OTT posters here) should focus their hate on Trump, instead of attacking his supporters.  That will only entrench each side further.  And everybody will lose.

You're one of the few that seems to understand that.

7 minutes ago, rijb said:

You're right (no pun intended).  But, the left (and some of the OTT posters here) should focus their hate on Trump, instead of attacking his supporters.  That will only entrench each side further.  And everybody will lose.

Phoenix-area teacher resigns after tweeting about killing immigrants

http://ktar.com/story/1468093/phoenix-area-teacher-resigns-allegedly-tweeting-killing-immigrants/

3 hours ago, rijb said:

I'll bet she was eager to sign up for Obamacare.  She was probably a big Obama supporter too.  

She voted for Trump. Period. The name Obamacare is a given name for the ACA given by the republicans. So she must have signed for the ACA as many republican supporters have done.

47 minutes ago, rijb said:

8 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

THE GUY WHO CAUGHT BIN LADEN THINKS TRUMP IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN BIN LADEN
http://winningdemocrats.com/the-guy-who-caught-bin-laden-thinks-trump-is-more-dangerous-than-bin-laden/

I agree:  Bin Laden was dangerous, but what did he tangibly do to the US?  He gave the green light to bombing the World Trade Center, The Pentagon, and other heinous crimes.  

In contrast, Trump is crapping on the 1st Amendment, is poised to set the US on a downhill economic slide, and compares the CIA with Nazis and calls US journalists; "The most dishonest people".  In relation to the Russian connection, Trump's only focus is; "who leaked"?   He has zero concern for breaking laws and conspiring with an adversary country against America's best interests.

Regarding Trump and Bannon's fixation with leaks, several people who have worked at the WH for many years, were abruptly fired in the past few days.  Purported reason: couldn't pass security clearance requirements. 

8 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I agree:  Bin Laden was dangerous, but what did he tangibly do to the US?  He gave the green light to bombing the World Trade Center, The Pentagon, and other heinous crimes.  

In contrast, Trump is crapping on the 1st Amendment, is poised to set the US on a downhill economic slide, and compares the CIA with Nazis and calls US journalists; "The most dishonest people".  In relation to the Russian connection, Trump's only focus is; "who leaked"?   He has zero concern for breaking laws and conspiring with an adversary country against America's best interests.

Regarding Trump and Bannon's fixation with leaks, several people who have worked at the WH for many years, were abruptly fired in the past few days.  Purported reason: couldn't pass security clearance requirements. 

16864995_10210634242485441_8000706524171335643_n.jpg

2 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

Has the support for Trump shrunken here on TVF? 

I doubt it. For one thing, this specific topic seems to be sorta off-limits for pro-Trump posts. Otherwise, I suggest that this is rather typical of winning sides: active during campaigns, perhaps a bit longer to rub it in. Then nothing much, because if things pan out to one's satisfaction, there's little motivation. Bliss ain't much of an incentive for creativeness.

1 hour ago, rijb said:

What damages?  And to who?

If you don't see the many damaging things Trump is doing, then you simply don't want to see.

It's like the crazed mom who, when confronted with her son being a felon, cries, "No. That's impossible.  He's my sweet little boy.  He could never do such things."     If you saw the TV-series Pablo Escobar (note; it's long, but very entertaining), there's a scene in the final episode where Pablo's mother is crying out to the reporters when news breaks that her son has been shot dead - saying what a good boy he is, and how he supported a local soccer team, and was always nice to everybody, ........

1 minute ago, boomerangutang said:

If you don't see the many damaging things Trump is doing, then you simply don't want to see.

It's like the crazed mom who, when confronted with her son being a felon, cries, "No. That's impossible.  He's my sweet little boy.  He could never do such things."     If you saw the TV-series Pablo Escobar (note; it's long, but very entertaining), there's a scene in the final episode where Pablo's mother is crying out to the reporters when news breaks that her son has been shot dead - saying what a good boy he is, and how he supported a local soccer team, and was always nice to everybody, ........

Ok.  What damages?  And to who?

40 minutes ago, Morch said:

I doubt it. For one thing, this specific topic seems to be sorta off-limits for pro-Trump posts. Otherwise, I suggest that this is rather typical of winning sides: active during campaigns, perhaps a bit longer to rub it in. Then nothing much, because if things pan out to one's satisfaction, there's little motivation. Bliss ain't much of an incentive for creativeness.

Are you blissful when Trump attacks people (media, CIA, FBI) who are trying to uncover whether there were illegal (and possible treasonous) connections between Trump, his people, and Russian agents?  

BTW, AG Sessions and FBI head Comey should both recuse themselves from any of t he Russian-connection investigations, as they're both probably complicit. Even a right-wing Republican senator on the 'Ways and Means' committee admitted that, reluctantly, when grilled in an interview yesterday, by Bill Maher.

How blissful is it when you hear a little Iraqi girl can't come to the USA to get life-saving heart surgery - due to Trump and Bannon's illegal travel ban?

7 minutes ago, rijb said:

Ok.  What damages?  And to who?

You're pretending that you haven't been paying attention.  And you want me to make a list for you, so you can turn your nose up and say none of it matters?   Actually, there are three categories of damages when relating to Trump.  There are the hundreds of grievous damages (including, but not exclusive to the 3,000+ still-active lawsuits against him) before he was elected.   Then there are the damages he's done since the election.  Thirdly, there are the myriad serious damaging things which will ensue from his (and Bannon's) immensely flawed policies. 

Too many to list here.  Maybe I'll write them in a book, and you can pay $9.95 to read them.