The anti-Trump resistance takes shape: 'Government's supposed to fear us'

webfact

(Soft) resistance from the bottom up.

From Mexico. 

So far from God and so close to trump's Divided States.

trumpwipe.jpg.b5e88b58d8f8bde3f473ed71198b1b6c.jpg

A cheeky idea: Mexican businessman rolls out 'Trump' toilet paper

A Mexican businessman offended by Donald Trump’s insults to his countrymen is seizing on a possible oversight in the magnate’s branding plans.

Corporate lawyer Antonio Battaglia is introducing “Trump” brand toilet paper, marketed under the slogans “Softness without borders” and “This is the wall that, yes, we will pay for”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/31/donald-trump-mexico-toilet-paper-antonio-battaglia

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump accuses Comey of lying under oath by saying that "I hardly know the man [Mr Comey], ... I'm not going to say, I want you to pledge allegiance."   Interesting!  So asking for allegiance/loyalty of the FBI director has everything to do with knowing the person and not the position?  Where is the impeachment hearing for this compulsively lying and compulsively smearing sociopath.  Lock him up.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40229449

4 hours ago, mogandave said:

Chris Matthews is now on the Trump payroll...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

MacCain could be too.

White House considering Cindy McCain for State Dept. job: report

The Trump administration is expected to appoint Cindy McCain, the wife of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), to a role in the State Department, The Associated Press reported Thursday.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/332005-trump-admin-considering-cindy-mccain-for-state-dept-job-report

24 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

MacCain could be too.

White House considering Cindy McCain for State Dept. job: report

The Trump administration is expected to appoint Cindy McCain, the wife of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), to a role in the State Department, The Associated Press reported Thursday.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/332005-trump-admin-considering-cindy-mccain-for-state-dept-job-report

Well who is going to stay home and take care of John?   He seems to be headed toward needing full time care.   

I must admit that the possibility of his wife getting an appointment probably explains his blundering around and focusing on the Hillary issue during the Comey questioning.  

I also have a feeling with so many unfilled positions in the Administration, Betty Crocker could probably get appointed to something in the State Department.   

Ossoff polling a strong lead in the red state normally solid red Georgia district against the generic trumpist republican.

It's too early to celebrate this upset that would indicate that the hopes for the democrats to take the house in 2018 have credibility.

But still good news especially considering, let's face it, Ossof wouldn't normally be a very strong candidate (no political experience). 

Also, even if he loses, it's safe to assume it will be close, and there still would be hope that democrats can take many less solidly red districts that are now held by trumpist party operatives. 

New poll shows Jon Ossoff with 7-point lead in Georgia race

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/09/poll-jon-ossoff-karen-handel-georgia-239349

Edited by Jingthing

Ossoff polling a strong lead in the red state normally solid red Georgia district against the generic trumpist republican.
It's too early to celebrate this upset that would indicate that the hopes for the democrats to take the house in 2018 have credibility.
But still good news especially considering, let's face it, Ossof wouldn't normally be a very strong candidate (no political experience). 
Also, even if he loses, it's safe to assume it will be close, and there still would be hope that democrats can take many less solidly red districts that are now held by trumpist party operatives. 

New poll shows Jon Ossoff with 7-point lead in Georgia race

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/09/poll-jon-ossoff-karen-handel-georgia-239349

While I hope you are correct, I have lost all faith in polls.

Not sure about this case. I'm pretty sure that in the pre-runoff Ossoff district race the polling showed it very close on the chance that Ossoff could beat 50 percent. He just barely did. A 7 percent lead is really strong. 

Yes, there is an expectation he will win this now so if he doesn't the trumpists will see it as nationally significant victory.

Edited by Jingthing

Not sure about this case. I'm pretty sure that in the pre-runoff Ossoff district race the polling showed it very close on the chance that Ossoff could beat 50 percent. He just barely did. A 7 percent lead is really strong. 

Yes, there is an expectation he will win this now so if he doesn't the trumpists will see it as nationally significant victory.

Do you really think the morons that voted for Trump are paying attention to anything but their fearless leader?

Just now, mogandave said:

Do you really think the morons that voted for Trump are paying attention to anything but their fearless leader?

Yes, if it furthers their agenda. So if Ossoff loses it will be "yuge" news in the trumpist world. 

Yes, if it furthers their agenda. So if Ossoff loses it will be "yuge" news in the trumpist world. 

I think you give them a lot more credit than they deserve.

I know you disagree, but I think almost anyone BUT Hillary could have beat Trump.

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

I think you give them a lot more credit than they deserve.

I know you disagree, but I think almost anyone BUT Hillary could have beat Trump.

Biden would have but I think Sanders would have been beaten with red baiting. 

4 minutes ago, mogandave said:

You know Biden had to be kicking himself...

I think Bernie would have pulled it off.

Possibly. 

But I think you're forgetting some things.

BEFORE Hillary announced she was the massively popular in opinion polls. Most admired woman.

Then once you actually run and are expected to win, people tear you apart.

Yes, the Bernie has a legitimate case for feeling wronged by the DNC (clever Russian leak timing with that) but it's really easy to romanticize anyone that actually wasn't nominated. If he had been, the traditional American red baiting machine would have gone into full gear. 

Edited by Jingthing

Let's not forget about Sean Spicer, who is actually my favorite person in Trump's inner circle, not counting the pastry chef and Trump's two teenage Thai masseuses, who he keeps in a tiny room alongside the downstairs bowling alley.

funnyordie.com/videos/7d17443eec/sean-spicers-netflix-comedy-special

Possibly. 
But I think you're forgetting some things.
BEFORE Hillary announced she was the massively popular in opinion polls. Most admired woman.
Then once you actually run and are expected to win, people tear you apart.
Yes, the Bernie has a legitimate case for feeling wronged by the DNC (clever Russian leak timing with that) but it's really easy to romanticize anyone that actually wasn't nominated. If he had been, the traditional American red baiting machine would have gone into full gear. 

Key word there being polls.

The server killed her.

Commander Who Caught Bin Laden: Trump Is ‘Greatest Threat in My Lifetime’

Donald J. Trump has been parading around the country (mostly on Florida golf trips) telling America that the press is the enemy of the people. Anyone paying attention knows he’s only saying this because he doesn’t like to be called out on his lies.

http://www.bluedotdaily.com/caught-bin-laden-trump-is-greatest-threat-in-my-lifetime/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=PL&utm_campaign=facebook_PL

BREAKING: GOP Panics As Comey RUINS Mike Pence’s Career.

With Donald Trump busy sabotaging himself, GOP strategists were banking on a Mike Pence presidency. But James Comey’s explosive testimony before the Senate Intel Committee just utterly dashed their hopes. That’s because Comey DIRECTLY confirmed that Pence knew about disgraced National Security Adviser Michael Flynn’s inappropriate contact with the Russians.

http://www.learnprogress.org/comey-ruins-pences-career/?utm_content=bufferf051d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

trump is just playing a PR game to keep his (minority) base loyal and fired up. So far, it's mostly working.

Whether or not trump makes it through his term is both a political and legal matter.

I wouldn't so he has no chance but he's already on thin ice.

Edited by Jingthing

A bit of a detour here.

I recently heard some talk on right wing media that the story of trump in Moscow with the wet bed (no need to get more explicit here) was fake news.

The reason they gave was bizarre. Because Putin denied it!

Now, obviously and logically, Putin and trump denying it doesn't disprove it in any way.

But on the other hand it is highly unlikely that even if it happened, that the evidence will ever surface.

So that's how I've been thinking about it, maybe true, maybe not, we'll probably never know, but that there was a somewhat credible source for the info in the first place (a British intelligence agent if I recall). 

Thinking that isn't believing fake news.

But the truth is all political flavors can be influenced by fake news these days.

So if anyone has any info strongly proving that the Moscow thing is definitely fake news, please post it.

There is enough REAL dirt on the insane clown president without needing to believe fake news. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A bit of a detour here.

I recently heard some talk on right wing media that the story of trump in Moscow with the wet bed (no need to get more explicit here) was fake news.

The reason they gave was bizarre. Because Putin denied it!

Now, obviously and logically, Putin and trump denying it doesn't disprove it in any way.

But on the other hand it is highly unlikely that even if it happened, that the evidence will ever surface.

So that's how I've been thinking about, maybe true, maybe not, we'll probably never know, but that there was a somewhat credible source for the info in the first place (a British intelligence agent if I recall). 

Thinking that isn't believing fake news.

But the truth is all political flavors can be influenced by fake news these days.

So if anyone has any info strongly proving that the Moscow thing is definitely fake news, please post it.

There is enough REAL dirt on the insane clown president without needed to believe fake news. 

Or it's another version of "he better hope that there are no tapes".

Donald Trump state visit 'delayed' after President 'told PM he will not come if people protest against him'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/11/donald-trump-state-visit-delayed-president-told-pm-will-not/

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Looks like Donald has a very sensitive ego. If he is going to feel unwelcome anywhere and cancel visits then he better stay in the White House or in his engineered rallies. Well Donald, you had your chance, I don't think the invite will be re-issued, you don't stand up HM like you do the tarts who used to attend your parties.

Edited by Andaman Al

23 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/11/donald-trump-state-visit-delayed-president-told-pm-will-not/

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Looks like Donald has a very sensitive ego. If he is going to feel unwelcome anywhere and cancel visits then he better stay in the White House or in his engineered rallies. Well Donald, you had your chance, I don't think the invite will be re-issued, you don't stand up HM like you do the tarts who used to attend your parties.

Ok Brits, you have to teach us how to protest that way. The US has had many protests against Trump but he won't stay away.

Donald Trump has reportedly told the Prime Minister he will not come to the UK on a state visit if there are large-scale protests against him, according to reports. 

The American President is said to have told Theresa May he does not want to come if people do not welcome his visit. 

the above is an excerpt...and it is an exact copy from the story in the link

The trip is still on as scheduled... the headline in post quoted  number 2522 is obviously lacking veracity

Edited by Ramen087