Gen Prawit wants all CCTV cameras checked and linked up together

webfact

Gen Prawit wants all CCTV cameras checked and linked up together

211108.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan wanted all CCTV cameras throughout the country to be examined to see whether they are functional or not and also wants all of them to be linked up together for effective surveillance and detection.

The deputy prime minister said Monday that he had assigned PM’s Office Minister Panada Diskul to coordinate with provincial governors and provincial police chiefs in checking all CCTV cameras to find out whether they are in working conditions and how they can be linked up together.

He admitted that he had no idea how many CCTV cameras had been installed and how many of them are functional.

The examination of the cameras has to be completed next February.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gen-prawit-wants-all-cctv-cameras-checked-and-linked-up-together/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-22

"BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan wanted all CCTV cameras throughout the country to be examined to see whether they are functional or not and also wants all of them to be linked up together for effective surveillance and detection."

Yeah, I'll bet he does...

1 minute ago, scotchonrocks said:

When they are "linked together" will they talk to each other?

Whats the plan here? Seems like he wants them all to be connected to a central point. They can't manage a piss up in a brewery right now, how are they going to manage this 5hit?

By connecting them all together so they can talk to eachother and the one who controls them....is that too hard to understand??

I thought they ordered this already after the Erawan bomb exploded?? Half of the camera's didn't work then and the other half gave a very lousy image.

If this network works well (like in London) they can follow a person whereever he goes. Now you figure out why that could be handy.

Why wasn't that done in the first place. Oh yes it requires some forward thinking and planning or maybe as often in business practices here, someone takes a 'cut', so something gets taken away. Like connecting them together. Who would of thought of that.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

51 minutes ago, bark said:

I thought they were going to bury all the wire under ground in 2-5 years.

He is the Spin Doctor of Thailand. Just says whatever he thinks people want to hear.

Next week. World Peace.

Mate this topic is about the camera's, not about the electric cables...

1 minute ago, fruitman said:

Mate this topic is about the camera's, not about the electric cables...

These cameras, have wires ?

He said he would bury all the wires, after Bill Gates, made Thailand the laughing stock of the world; after posting the bird nest wires picture.

2 minutes ago, bark said:

He said he would bury all the wires, after Bill Gates, made Thailand the laughing stock of the world; after posting the bird nest wires picture.

Do you remember if that will that be after or before he builds a wall to solve the illegal immigration and job problems some people elected him over? :sorry:

1 minute ago, silent said:

Do you remember if that will that be after or before he builds a wall to solve the illegal immigration and job problems some people elected him over? :sorry:

I'm sorry , but this government was not elected. Please read the story.

21 minutes ago, bark said:

Thank-you for sharing that, how do I go about retracting a like from one of your earlier posts today. Oh my God a true trump admirer and I sinned again

Edited by silent

19 minutes ago, silent said:

Thank-you for sharing that, how do I go about retracting a like from one of your earlier posts today.

For 1000  baht I will do for you. 

Or I can press like on your post.

Even though I do not like .

Your choice.

37 minutes ago, bark said:

Mate this topic is about camera's and safety, not about wires. Do you know the difference between electric cables and data-wires?

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

By connecting them all together so they can talk to eachother and the one who controls them....is that too hard to understand??

I thought they ordered this already after the Erawan bomb exploded?? Half of the camera's didn't work then and the other half gave a very lousy image.

If this network works well (like in London) they can follow a person whereever he goes. Now you figure out why that could be handy.

It does not work well in London. Crime has not declined. 

27 minutes ago, bark said:

This government was put on it's place, do you have issues with that?

This topic is about camera's mate, don't make this forum the laughing stock of the interwebs, take your medicine and stop drinking. Bill Gates didn't sell you a computer to go off topic nonstop.

Just now, fruitman said:

Mate this topic is about camera's and safety, not about wires. Do you know the difference between electric cables and data-wires?

A wire is a wire, and he said he would bury them all.

I understand the topic. But all this Government does, is to talk about solutions to problems and never do anything;

after they make the big announcements.

Spin Doctors ! It is only words, no action.

You will not hear anything more about the cameras or safety. 100 %.

1 minute ago, silent said:

oh oh, if you haven't even seen my updated response in case I really incorrectly assumed a level of objectivity, humour and intelligence that doesn't exist. Please forgive me for sinning more.

Now that is too funny. I will press like two times.

10 minutes ago, The manic said:

It does enable less officers to be on duty, sitting in a nice warm office watching screens. 

That old fashioned idea of a realistic force, with operational officers out on the beat and in patrol vehicles supported by CCTV rather than replaced by it, obviously is just too sensible.

CCTV in London has seen the police become more remote from communities, and allows much more selectivity in crime response. That might keep budget conscious politically correct politician happy, help police produce nice statistics, but it hasn't been appreciated by the general public. Theft - Met now seem to regard as an insurance issue.

Can't see that working here. BiB like to be out and about, especially lunch and dinner times! 

43 minutes ago, The manic said:

It has NEVER been about stopping crime. It has always been about control.

Sometimes I think Orwell, who wrote 1984  literally in his last dying months, might not have bothered. Who listened to his warning? Are they listening now?

43 minutes ago, bark said:

A wire is a wire, and he said he would bury them all.

I understand the topic. But all this Government does, is to talk about solutions to problems and never do anything;

after they make the big announcements.

Spin Doctors ! It is only words, no action.

You will not hear anything more about the cameras or safety. 100 %.

A girl is a girl, but not in Thailand...Those wires are soo thin you barely see them, they might even use fibrecables for it. You'll hear and see from these camera's after another bomb went off in BKK, i guarantee you that.

Happening in China:-

Old-style censorship is being replaced with a massive, ubiquitous architecture of surveillance: dubbed by the authorities the Golden Shield. Ultimately the aim appears to be to integrate a gigantic on-line database with an all - encompassing surveillance network incorporating speech and face recognition, closed-circuit television, smart cards, credit records and Internet surveillance technologies. This has been facilitated by the standardization of telecommunications equipment to facilitate electronic surveillance, an ambitious project led by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the United States, and now adopted as an international standard.

http://www.hrichina.org/en/content/4598

Mean while in Thailand:-

Watch this space. Big brother is coming soon!