view taley is very expensive

pattayalover

2 hours ago, Gary A said:

My condo is 60 square meters. When I was looking, the main requirement was a low rise with no narrow dark hallways, a separate bedroom, plenty of storage and a place for a washing machine. No way could I live long term in a shoebox.

I live upcountry on a 2.5 rai yard in a two bedroom house. The condo is there when I want a change of scenery. I like to tinker with things and a condo has no place for a workshop or garden. With the house and condo, I have the best of both worlds. 

A sea view means nothing to me and only means salt air corrosion problems. My condo is 800 meters from the beach. The house is in a scenic area close to beautiful rock formations and mountains. Obviously it's different strokes for different folks.

Enjoy looking at the wall in front of your window or sneaking your neighbor doing his wife? or maybe enjoy the noisy road in ftont of your low rise aparment ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, balo said:

I think OP is making things up , never heard of a 30 sqm for 3 million in any VT buildings. 

This is equivalent to 100,000 baht per sqm. Some of the high floor, seafront units in the newer projects do sell for that but they are obviously the exception and certainly not what the op was talking about. 

Always rent VT6 for location hence the high value. But at over 50 years of age, investing is out weighed by renting. 48sq metre for 3-5 months is OK. I have a house in UK so take 3 monthly breaks.

Could not live full time in Thailand re humidity, and the visa <deleted> does my head in. Always feel regarded as an unwanted necessity re money.

Unlike some...not in lub:smile:

feeling the same. now seem they want 3 millions for a retirement visa. pay 3 millions for a condo plus 3 millions security on a thai bank account, and what next?. they want strip us nacked until we have nothing to show.

you know what? they can sit on me investing in Thailand. no retirement visa, no condo purchase and I will become a cheap Charlie.

35 minutes ago, pattayalover said:

feeling the same. now seem they want 3 millions for a retirement visa. pay 3 millions for a condo plus 3 millions security on a thai bank account, and what next?. they want strip us nacked until we have nothing to show.

you know what? they can sit on me investing in Thailand. no retirement visa, no condo purchase and I will become a cheap Charlie.

They don't want 3 MB for a current retirement 1 year extension.  Nothing has changed with it. Just keep doing your 1 year retirement extension--it's still the same.  The 10 year visa is just an option for some countries--you don't have to use it.  Relax.

On November 25, 2016 at 3:58 PM, john1000 said:

Always rent VT6 for location hence the high value. But at over 50 years of age, investing is out weighed by renting. 48sq metre for 3-5 months is OK. I have a house in UK so take 3 monthly breaks.

Could not live full time in Thailand re humidity, and the visa <deleted> does my head in. Always feel regarded as an unwanted necessity re money.

Unlike some...not in lub:smile:

I figured the same when I use to vacation here as I come from a very dry and super cold place in the middle of Canada. But once I moved here after retirement and exposed myself to the heat and humidity by having long gym sessions in a non-AC gym I over came that. As for the retirement extensions they are not all that complicated once you get into it. The guys on here are a ton of help. Cheers to ThaiVisaForum!

• 2 weeks later...
As for myself, I'd never pay the premium for a beach view condominium. Other than the first few weeks,  how many people sit and stare at the sea? Then you have the problem with the salt air. Your car will get rusty and your electronic things will corrode and fail.

"Your car will get rusty and your electronic things will corrode and fail".[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I spent 15 years living water front back home, nothing failed, no rust. If you concerned just get rust proofing for a few hundred dollars but I think it's really the money that's stopping you in the first place

Vt6 is not expensive, look at the location! It's dirt cheap compared to the equivalent in the west

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, mcfish said:

"Your car will get rusty and your electronic things will corrode and fail".emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I spent 15 years living water front back home, nothing failed, no rust. If you concerned just get rust proofing for a few hundred dollars but I think it's really the money that's stopping you in the first place

Vt6 is not expensive, look at the location! It's dirt cheap compared to the equivalent in the west

I spent several years on the beach in California.  Cars rusted, electronics went kaput, clothes were moldy, it was a mess.  But, right on the beach!  A small price to pay.  I think this was mainly due to the bigger waves, which we don't really have here.  Mist would sometimes drift in 1/2 mile when the waves were big and the wind was blowing.

I spent several years on the beach in California.  Cars rusted, electronics went kaput, clothes were moldy, it was a mess.  But, right on the beach!  A small price to pay.  I think this was mainly due to the bigger waves, which we don't really have here.  Mist would sometimes drift in 1/2 mile when the waves were big and the wind was blowing.

People who own absolute water front upgrade cars every four years, they can afford it.,firstly because it's the smart thing to do regarding valuation and staying in touch with the latest models. Cars do not rust that quickly, or simply get rust proofing every 3 year. The rust buckets are older cars.

I never had electronic corrosion that I noticed but never really looked since nothing failed so perhaps there was some, I could be wrong

Agreed strong see breeze and big waves will send salt miles ashore.

However the other poster claiming not buy water front for those 2 reason is absolutely ridiculous!

2 minutes ago, mcfish said:

People who own absolute water front upgrade cars every four years, they can afford it.,firstly because it's the smart thing to do regarding valuation and staying in touch with the latest models. Cars do not rust that quickly, or simply get rust proofing every 3 year. The rust buckets are older cars.

I never had electronic corrosion that I noticed but never really looked since nothing failed so perhaps there was some, I could be wrong

Agreed strong see breeze and big waves will send salt miles ashore

I was a poor college student living in a house with several others!  Far from wealthy.

We had a TV by a side window which we'd leave open to let the sea breeze in.  One day, it just blew up.  Huge bang and that was it.  Took it to the shop and first thing they asked was where did I live.  He could see the moisture on the parts.  We use to have to leave lights on in our closets to kill the moisture, old fashioned ones.  Worked great! 

Rust proofing didn't work for the chips you'd get on the body.  That's where the rust would start.  And at the connection points with metal.  It was a constant battle.  But again, perhaps a different environment than we have here?

I was a poor college student living in a house with several others!  Far from wealthy.

We had a TV by a side window which we'd leave open to let the sea breeze in.  One day, it just blew up.  Huge bang and that was it.  Took it to the shop and first thing they asked was where did I live.  He could see the moisture on the parts.  We use to have to leave lights on in our closets to kill the moisture, old fashioned ones.  Worked great! 

Rust proofing didn't work for the chips you'd get on the body.  That's where the rust would start.  And at the connection points with metal.  It was a constant battle.  But again, perhaps a different environment than we have here?

Rust always always starts inside the doors, the boot and bonnet where there are hinges and the paint finish is not the same as the outside . Bonnet protectors stop stone chips and paint protection which is a second lacquer like substance stops any chips around the car unless you smack the door into something. Trust me I know what I'm talking about..but these cost money and most people get it done to new cars these days anyway

It's called a protection pack.

I bet your TV was 20 years old like a lot of TV's in cheap accommodation in Thailand well yeah it's gonna blow after that much exposure.

Again these things are of zero concern to the water water front buyer

On 11/26/2016 at 4:11 PM, pattayalover said:

That'll show 'em.

On 11/26/2016 at 4:11 PM, pattayalover said:

They don't want 3 million for a retirement visa.  Nothing has changed.  What you are referring to is a new visa.

Become a cheap charlie?  From one of your previous posts:

I pay my rent 100$ my rent in Pattaya, TV electricity and water 20 dollars.
I m around at 300 dollars per month for rent, food, scooter...

And from another post:

the key to live well in Thailand is to not own anything.
that's the secret.

On 11/24/2016 at 2:05 PM, questionsreplies said:

Enjoy looking at the wall in front of your window or sneaking your neighbor doing his wife? or maybe enjoy the noisy road in ftont of your low rise aparment ?

My condo is located more than a hundred meters from the road. There is no traffic noise nor are there dogs barking or roosters crowing. My third floor condo patio overlooks a pristine swimming pool. Out my front door is an open air area with trees. The five story building is built in a rectangle with the entire center open and planted with trees.

Living in a high rise with dark narrow hallways makes escaping from a fire difficult and dangerous. That's not my idea of a relaxing secure place to live.

21 hours ago, GaryB1263 said:

I have been staying in VT5 off and on for years. If I ever decided to buy I would consider it first. Has anyone heard how VT8 has worked out?? I like the location at VT8 but there was no shopping nearby. 

VT8 is OK if you have transport. Baht buses stop halfway and say any further more money. No shops and nothing there but I suppose good  if you like peace and quiet..

Nice new condos well built by the look of them.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2559 at 5:52 AM, GaryB1263 said:

I have been staying in VT5 off and on for years. If I ever decided to buy I would consider it first. Has anyone heard how VT8 has worked out?? I like the location at VT8 but there was no shopping nearby. 

Be aware that part of VT8, last time I checked, was being run as a hotel, which may be a turn-off for some. 

5 hours ago, john1000 said:

VT8 is OK if you have transport. Baht buses stop halfway and say any further more money. No shops and nothing there but I suppose good  if you like peace and quiet..

It helps if you like "blaring" boom-boom pick-up trucks too.

• 4 weeks later...