view taley is very expensive

pattayalover

over 3 millions for a 30sqm condo? , you have to be kidding me?! .

for this price I can get a big house in Europe with land included.

I calculated if I give my condo for rent it it would take 25 years to get my money back.

or 50 years if I have problem to rent it.

in the American dream, it s 10 years.

so why it is so expensive to buy a condo in view taley.?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

View Talay 1 has units that are 32sqm, I think. Though I doubt that any of those would be advertised for 3MB. Around 1MB would be nearer the mark.

That said, most condo prices here are way over the top as far as I can see, and would need to drop by at least 30% to make them comparable with similar property in, say, Spain. And the Spanish properties would probably still have much better build quality. Not to mention the general legal aspects of ownership and permission to stay.

VT1 has the smallest condos but like KittenKong said, they would be nowhere near 3MB.  Most of the newer VTs---3, 5, 6, 7, and 8 have studios of around 46 to 48 sqm as well as larger units.  Some of the studios have larger sqm sizes because the balconies are bigger for condos by the stairwells  but the interior dimensions are about the same.  Price ranges are from the low 2MBs to around 3.5MB for 3, 5, and 8 depending on floor, foreign name, and view.  VT6 and 7 studios can run much higher.  Always exceptions with the prices, of course.   Most of the VTs are holding their value rather nicely.  I wonder why.  Hmm.  Maybe location, location, location?

Why are developers continuing to build huge complexes when so many are already sitting unsold? My theory is that they know more than we do. I think that in the near future, you will see legalized gambling come to Pattaya.

1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

The VT next to Central seems almost empty? Is that 8? 

Definitely not the case.  

Not looking to buy but I'd gladly purchase a unit at VT6 for 3 million.  At 3 million and average rent of 25k I would get my condo paid off in 10 years.

1 hour ago, pattayalover said:

just been in view talay 1 to give a look around , balcony is very small. seen one condo at 1.3 million on an advertising panel in the lobby.

swimming pool look nice.

Considering your OP says too expensive at 3M for a 30sqm condo seems to me 

that your very much mistaken then, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, pattayalover said:

just been in view talay 1 to give a look around , balcony is very small. seen one condo at 1.3 million on an advertising panel in the lobby.

swimming pool look nice.

You said over 3 million baht for a 30 sqm apartment.  Where was that?  You've not answered the question.

2 hours ago, Gary A said:

Why are developers continuing to build huge complexes when so many are already sitting unsold? My theory is that they know more than we do. I think that in the near future, you will see legalized gambling come to Pattaya.

I assume they realise they may at sometime be told they can not build anymore, when there is a stop on more being built they should be able to sell the unsold ones.

1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

paragraph 2 of the introduction says

" Many Chinese buyers were looking to invest and buy condominium units in Pattaya in the past 1 -2 years, but still cannot replace Russians."

yes I'm sure they are. In fact I bet the Chinese buyers are lining up down the street because Pattaya condomiums are so much better value than the 64 MILLION empty places back home :giggle:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/china-ghost-cities/5421229

2 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

paragraph 2 of the introduction says

" Many Chinese buyers were looking to invest and buy condominium units in Pattaya in the past 1 -2 years, but still cannot replace Russians."

yes I'm sure they are. In fact I bet the Chinese buyers are lining up down the street because Pattaya condomiums are so much better value than the 64 MILLION empty places back home :giggle:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/china-ghost-cities/5421229

Exactly. Any fool knows they won't buy here until all those are gone!

3 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

In fact I bet the Chinese buyers are lining up down the street because Pattaya condomiums are so much better value than the 64 MILLION empty places back home

One advantage of condos in Thailand is that they arent back home. I think that the Chinese are just as likely to have tainted cash as all the other nationalities that have bought here over the years.

Only the new Viewtalay are expensive and the bets choice are VT1 and VT2, both build with better material than new buildings and both still as good as the new ones 10 or 15 years later.

Except if you really want a real front beach no need to buy any other but Vt1 and Vt2.

I think they are the best choice in Pattaya for someone who does not want to spend more than 2 millions.

12 hours ago, pattayalover said:

swimming pool look nice.

Also giant car park that no other condo in Pattaya offers.

2 hours ago, autoc said:

Only the new Viewtalay are expensive and the bets choice are VT1 and VT2, both build with better material than new buildings and both still as good as the new ones 10 or 15 years later.

Except if you really want a real front beach no need to buy any other but Vt1 and Vt2.

I think they are the best choice in Pattaya for someone who does not want to spend more than 2 millions.

I think the 37m studios in VT2 have been going for b1.75m. The 41m for a bit more.

As for myself, I'd never pay the premium for a beach view condominium. Other than the first few weeks,  how many people sit and stare at the sea? Then you have the problem with the salt air. Your car will get rusty and your electronic things will corrode and fail.

4 minutes ago, Gary A said:

As for myself, I'd never pay the premium for a beach view condominium. Other than the first few weeks,  how many people sit and stare at the sea? Then you have the problem with the salt air. Your car will get rusty and your electronic things will corrode and fail.

Can't agree. I've lived in several different units around C Pattaya over the years, renting, and I was happiest in a studio on a high floor at VT6. It was a side view but looking out over the bay was lovely.

I don't know how many people like to sit and stare at the ocean but I'm one of them.  I enjoy the boat activity on the bay and it's nice to sit on the balcony with a good book or catch up with the news on the internet while I enjoy the bay as well.  Condos with seaviews do cost more but I think you'll find they are an easier sell down the road--at least they have been for me. 

5 hours ago, newnative said:

I don't know how many people like to sit and stare at the ocean but I'm one of them.  I enjoy the boat activity on the bay and it's nice to sit on the balcony with a good book or catch up with the news on the internet while I enjoy the bay as well.  Condos with seaviews do cost more but I think you'll find they are an easier sell down the road--at least they have been for me. 

Yes this is so clear !  but many are too poor to admit it....

5 hours ago, james1995 said:

Yes, very overpriced.  But people still buy.  A few.

I'm content with a 5k a month studio apartment(no sea view but rooster calls in the morning).  I've never had any desire to own anything, especially a phukin house.

Some people are content living in a space designed for hamsters, others enjoy a spacious house and a tropical garden. Place to park your car, have a bbq, relax in the garden etc.

My condo is 60 square meters. When I was looking, the main requirement was a low rise with no narrow dark hallways, a separate bedroom, plenty of storage and a place for a washing machine. No way could I live long term in a shoebox.

I live upcountry on a 2.5 rai yard in a two bedroom house. The condo is there when I want a change of scenery. I like to tinker with things and a condo has no place for a workshop or garden. With the house and condo, I have the best of both worlds. 

A sea view means nothing to me and only means salt air corrosion problems. My condo is 800 meters from the beach. The house is in a scenic area close to beautiful rock formations and mountains. Obviously it's different strokes for different folks.