Nigel Farage would be 'great' UK ambassador to US, says Donald Trump

webfact

Nicky Woolf

The Guardian

President-elect causes diplomatic upset with call for ally and Brexit campaigner to get key role, putting Theresa May in a difficult position

WASHINGTON: -- US president-elect Donald Trump has suggested that Nigel Farage, controversial leader of the United Kingdom Independence party, should be the UK’s ambassador to the US.

“Many people would like to see @Nigel_Farage represent Great Britain as their Ambassador to the United States,” Trump tweeted on Monday evening. “He would do a great job!”

Farage, a member of the European parliament and on-again-off-again leader of Ukip for a decade, recently suggested he could launch an eighth bid to become an MP. Seven previous attempts were unsuccessful.

Full story: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/22/nigel-farage-uk-ambassador-us-donald-trump

-- The Guardian 2016-11-22

A man with no diplomatic experience, whose actual attendance at the European parliament wasn't high despite his salary, whose political career is very limited leading a party with a narrow agenda and who was caught lying during the Brexit campaign and chose to go and hide rather than answer.

Seems like Donald knows how to pick'em.

7 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

Did Farage promise to forgive Trump's $120 million tax debt on his failed golf course resorts in Scotland?

Geez, $120 million tax on a failed golf course; what would the tax have been if the course made money ?

5 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Love it....nigel is an articulate intelligent man....and he has the donalds ear. 

This is a clear message to may....knowing her it might will be ignored. 

Whenever I've heard him speak or debate, he's always been articulate and witty...seems he would make a fine UK ambassador to the Court of Donald the First.

I also wish that your Farage Guignol will be connected with Trump to influence T. May on a definitive rupture with Europe.

So that not only we, the European, will be rid of the arrogant English but also a little later the increasingly burdensome US tutelage.

Our original project for an union going from the Atlantic to the Urals and thus including Russia will can finally take shape.

This evolution is already announced in France, Austria and soon in Germany in new leaders programs.

15 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Whenever I've heard him speak or debate, he's always been articulate and witty...seems he would make a fine UK ambassador to the Court of Donald the First.

When i gaze at the visage of teresa may i see a woman who hasnt had a bowel movement for months....so i daresay she would prefer her us ambassador to be in her own likeness. 

37 minutes ago, Basil B said:

No 10's response was very diplomatic "There is no vacancy" , should have told him to "F" OFF and mind his own business.

Maybe Trump should make Nigel the US ambassador to Britain... :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Don't rule that out.

In the UK you generally become an ambassador through the diplomatic service unlike in the US where they appoint all sorts of people to the job.

26 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I am wondering who Donald will telling the UN to appoint as Secretary General... :stoner:

You may want to check your hate (it helps make better posts); the next UN Secretary General was chosen last month...Antonio Gutierrez of Portugal.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

I think Nigel is going to be too busy to take up the job...

The Electoral Commission has opened an investigation into UKIP's finances after allegations it misspent EU funds.

A European Parliament probe alleged on Monday that funds for the group of MEPs that UKIP belongs to had wrongly been spent "for the benefit of UKIP".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38063933

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

A man with no diplomatic experience, whose actual attendance at the European parliament wasn't high despite his salary, whose political career is very limited leading a party with a narrow agenda and who was caught lying during the Brexit campaign and chose to go and hide rather than answer.

Seems like Donald knows how to pick'em.

Donald likes people who tell things the way they are. And if you've seen Farage perform in the EU parliament you'll know that's what he'd be getting. Multicultural liberalism is being seen as the failure it always has been but folk have been too stupid, blind or scared of being called racists to admit it. Many still are.

Who caught him lying?

Edited by yogi100

Farage as our ambassador in DC?

555555555555555!

The man has no class. Totally unsuitable. Diplomat? Jesus!!

I hope TM suggest HRC as American Ambassador in London!

Trump must be a nut case ?

Edited by Grouse

Just now, Jingthing said:

Yeah, he did make a strong suggestion which obviously many Brits didn't appreciate. But we're talking about trump - Farage now. 

You talk about what you like.

Some of us are also talking about American politicians attempting to dictate political procedure in the UK.

Below is the topics heading.....

14 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Just like Obama thought he could tell the British public which way to vote in the referendum.

And don't forget he spent the past two months telling Americans how to vote too...thankfully, they ignored him.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya