Immigration police stepping up checks on foreigners in Hua Hin and Cha Am

webfact

Regarding the comments about checking the computer, one therefore assumes that the IO`s are capable of not only operating the computor but also finding the right information.

They asked me where I live and for verification, the production of a yellow book dated some 13 years ago was not sufficient, the Police do not believe any other agency in Thailand , which really shows the lack of trust in Thailand . The matter was sorted out to their satisfaction eventually , using a lawyer .

I do not get asked anything NOW !!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why only for 50+ again

and where are they going to earn that kind of money, IF THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WORK !!!!!

health insurance of 10.000 us$ a year ???  my wife works & we all are covered by the insurance the company provides ...

1 hour ago, AlQaholic said:

Come on, it's the end of the month, immigration officers need money too......

I wonder if they aren't reinventing the old fashioned quota system for those who served and protected the people of Toronto, or in York Regions with the deeds that spoke volumes for the motto , but had to justify themselves with how mickey mouse Provincial offences each officer could nail someone for, regardless of any good police work they did that month.  

22 minutes ago, moe666 said:

I have heard this refraim so many times over the years it is entertainment now. More and more people come every year and the inspections and added paper work doesn't seem to stop them.

Always liked the nail in the coffin bit a very popular saying for years, but they keep coming

There are always new people  coming, that love the place, till they don't.

I used to one such. Never thought I would ever leave. I don't WANT to leave, but when I have to, I won't be crying about it, like I would have if it were 5 years ago.

It's a different, less welcoming place than it was last century.

I have no doubt that neighbouring countries will be happy to take over.

18 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

Regarding the comments about checking the computer, one therefore assumes that the IO`s are capable of not only operating the computor but also finding the right information.

They asked me where I live and for verification, the production of a yellow book dated some 13 years ago was not sufficient, the Police do not believe any other agency in Thailand , which really shows the lack of trust in Thailand . The matter was sorted out to their satisfaction eventually , using a lawyer .

I do not get asked anything NOW !!

If I were a suspicious person, I'd be wondering if they have been given instructions to make it as difficult as possible, as with the non published extra requirements every time I did an extension.

We had a visit last week ( Cha Am ), lady with Gov ID came with paperwork already made out in my name, asked a couple questions while filling out the fom herself then left, 10mins didn't ask to see passport or ask me to sign anything.

1 hour ago, Beats56 said:

Re 10 year visa...I am just under the 100000a month but if I start collecting the Canada pension plan it will work. sure dont want to keep 3 million in.the bank for a year.

some bank managers will give you a letter saying you have the money in the bank so that will not be a problem. no way i would keep 3 mill in the bank here. is not easy moving money out of thailand. i have done it in the past. was not so bad when i had my work permit but more tricky now i am on a family visa.

if they know where to visit you then you must have complied with reporting your address. doubt they can find the ones that havent. sounds like a shakedown to me.

wonder how much the visa fee will be for 10 years. not that is matters anyway as they have made the conditions so strict most will not be able to get it. same as the multi entry tourist visas. they are a joke.

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

So they go to the computer and generate a list of where the foreigners live.

They should be able to see that their visas are up to date and a valid TM30 is on file with immigration so they then decide to visit the address, to check what ?

They already know the foreigner has complied with all the regulations based on their computer records.

Or perhaps they're only visiting foreigners who they know have not complied with all the rules, like those who don't have a TM30 against their record in the immigration databases - that would make more sense.

Maybe they are looking for the ones who only use an address but don't stay there. Maybe a good excuse to look at possible terrorist connections without singling them out. As you said they have your Visa/ Extension info.

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

This has been discussed ad nauseum.

The answer is it depends on the immigration office.

For example, I live in Chonburi. Sri Racha insists the condo owner does the TM30, whilst Pattaya also in Chonburi had me as the possessor fill out my own TM30.

No idea what Hua Hin do.

Little "strange".

When we move to Bang Saen back in 2015 i give Sri Racha TM.28 and TM.30, I was giving back TM.30, Not need.

When we did my Married-Extension this year, I again have TM.30 with me, Again it was giving back to me, And was told no need to bring every time, This office don´t want TM.30..

Well next year when time come, I bring a TM.30 again, I want to be sure i have one, If they change there minds.

I had stamped out and returned to my home country in May of last year after renewing my extension of stay. Then in July 2 IOs came to my house and wanted to know why I did not report for my 90 day interrogation, er, check-in. So much for using that electronic device. As for medical tourism, how many stories do we expats have about being fleeced by the big name hospitals here? I scheduled a  surgical procedure. The terms were that they would not admit me unless I paid in advance. This was followed by not revealing the price to me. And then I pushed them to do so - the doctor was in charge of this transaction and said to me "How much would you pay?" As if we are haggling over a t-shirt on the street. I did not pay up front but upon check out. They then had increased the price. I now spend only 6 months a year here and that is becoming more than I can bear. Adios amigos.

They do this at Kap Choeng as well, once in a blue moon, once you have been visited they leave you alone in future apparently, two years ago, after having lived at the same address for 9 years i got a visit,quite a procedure,they brought a lap top and printer and invited my neighbours to verify my statements, they were also asked personal questions about work and income and had to sign forms,took around 2 hours.

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

Unfortunately there are a lot of farang ,Thai-bashing policemen on here who, if you so much as utter a word of complaint, will respond like greased lightning by telling you to go home if you don't like it here. They're always hovering and never sleep. It's their whole purpose in life. You can slag off farang to your heart's content mind.

I don't slag off farang's but I do realize that it is a lot harder for a Thai to meet the immigration requirements in my home country than it is for me to meet theirs. That said I do wish it was a bit more out front and consistent. I think part of the problem is that Thais really like to show their authority if they have any. Part of Thai culture I guess.

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

I don't slag off farang's but I do realize that it is a lot harder for a Thai to meet the immigration requirements in my home country than it is for me to meet theirs. That said I do wish it was a bit more out front and consistent. I think part of the problem is that Thais really like to show their authority if they have any. Part of Thai culture I guess.

part of any culture, give a no name a badge and a uniform and many see themselves as Rambo on steroids

All highly  amusing....I live 30km from Hua  Hin immigration and they told  me Im too far away for them to pay me a  visit, instead they carted me and the Wif e off down the road, took a photo close to some swanky  house and that was it.

That was over 2  years ago  now, last year not  required.

Ive never  filled in a TM28 but have always stayed at the same address as my  yearly extension...........maybe theyll drag it  up this year? although Im not  due till end of March next year

12 minutes ago, captnhoy said:

I had stamped out and returned to my home country in May of last year after renewing my extension of stay. Then in July 2 IOs came to my house and wanted to know why I did not report for my 90 day interrogation, er, check-in. So much for using that electronic device. As for medical tourism, how many stories do we expats have about being fleeced by the big name hospitals here? I scheduled a  surgical procedure. The terms were that they would not admit me unless I paid in advance. This was followed by not revealing the price to me. And then I pushed them to do so - the doctor was in charge of this transaction and said to me "How much would you pay?" As if we are haggling over a t-shirt on the street. I did not pay up front but upon check out. They then had increased the price. I now spend only 6 months a year here and that is becoming more than I can bear. Adios amigos.

I have never been able to pin down a price in the US hospitals/doctors either and it is very annoying. About five times more than here in the end. Try the government hospitals here they will give you a much better price and use the same surgeons as I believe they are forced to work in the government facilities too.  They like cash paying customers there also, as I'm sure much of the charges go direct to the pocket. Most doctors/surgeons have a private practice too, if you go see them there they will give you a price and some options, like minor surgery in their office saving a lot from the hospital surgery room. Can be risky though.

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have been getting visas and extensions for many years now and I have never had a problem. Not in Suan Phlu when I had to go there, Mae Sot after I moved up to rural Khampaeng Phet or Nakhon Sawan where I report now.

However, georgemandm doesnt even live in Thailand and most of the posters on this forum do.

So you can't post on this forum if you don't live here what a load of bs .

i come and go and I can stay from 2 to 4 months so you are saying I can't post here because I not live full time here bs .

have you heard of a  multi-entry retirement Visa I think not that is how  blinded you are 

like I Say some people like you talk  rubbish the vias side of staying here is just a f joke .

3 hours ago, Tiffer said:

I'm torn between tracker chips and ankle monitors...

Think of the money they could make buying them at 5 times market price. Is the British bomb detector guy still in business I'm sure the military and police still have special bank accounts with him.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

While no date of when the new visa will be implemented has been announced, officials hope it will help to promote Thailand as a hub for medical tourism.

Really clutching at straws. The results will be so minuscule it will be hardly worth mentioning. Another pipe dream like all the new forms that we must fill out with no form numbers on them. The dreamer upper of this idea more than likely got a promotion. 

Archived