'2017 election, maybe no new govt'

webfact

4 hours ago, Saradoc1972 said:

I remember reading some months or eben a year ago they had considered introducing the German electoral system of "personalized proportional voting" un the new constitution. Did they? Maybe that is what he is referring to with all the additional direct mandates that would incur.

Germany has a mixed member proportional (MMP) system. The CDC rejected using that system (after making a field trip to Germany to observe its elections), saying that Thailand was unique and required a different system. What it designed and put into the draft constitution was a mixed member apportionment (MMA) system that is not used anywhere else in the world.

For more on the MMA see: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867470-mma-challenges-fairness-of-thai-elections/

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Germany has a mixed member proportional (MMP) system. The CDC rejected using that system (after making a field trip to Germany to observe its elections), saying that Thailand was unique and required a different system. What it designed and put into the draft constitution was a mixed member apportionment (MMA) system that is not used anywhere else in the world.

For more on the MMA see: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867470-mma-challenges-fairness-of-thai-elections/

We could call it "creative election system"! You know, in the same spirit as "creative accounting"! :)

8 hours ago, webfact said:

“unforeseeable factors” could make it unlikely for a new administration to be formed within 2017,

Remember that the NCPO and Prayut's absolute power will terminate with endorsement of the new NLA minsters, the new PM and the new PM's cabinet. Until then the NCPO will have the power to dissolve the newly elected parliament should it fail to elect a suitable prime minister and the power to deny the new PM's Cabinet nominations (Articles 265 & 279).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/946017-deputy-pm-confirms-current-administration-has-power-to-dissolve-new-parliament/

Also the endorsement of the newly elected government will be presented by Prayut as Chief of the NCPO and current PM.

Prayut will assure that there will be no unforeseeable factors in the formation of the new government, no matter how long the Thai electorate must wait.

22 hours ago, sharecropper said:

I wouldn't really want a return to... the gun toting years of 2001 to 2006.

Er, you do realise who's invaded Thailand and how it's being run right now?

Of course.  But the past seems to indicate you only exchange one group of thieves for another and everyone looses by the disruptions.  I know I posted a controversial statement and I also abhor dictatorships but at the moment I see things improve for the first time in a long time.  Maybe its an illusion and maybe it doesn't allow the country to mature to a proper democracy, nor create an equitable society - but it seems things are improving and pseudo democracy hasnt worked in the past.

On November 23, 2016 at 11:20 PM, webfact said:

the next election would be held in 2017, in line with the post-coup road map for a return to democracy.

this is joke on so many levels:

- "post-coup road map for a return to democracy" is a gold medal winner all on its own.

- "return to democracy" ... well, sure, but which country? Surely not here in Thailand... Or has this moron not actually read the new constitution?

- election would be held in 2017, in line with the ... road map : which version, I might ask... There was one such roadmap that had elections in 2015... 

ah, yes, ... yaaaaawn, ... more nonsensical BS from the clown car...

On 24-11-2016 at 9:28 AM, sharecropper said:

I wouldn't really want a return to... the gun toting years of 2001 to 2006.

Er, you do realise who's invaded Thailand and how it's being run right now?

Do you realise that all educated people live in bkk and they can't live there without peace and order? There would be NO business at all with an internal war so also the farmers upcountry will feel it...their daughters also won't make money so they'll start begging from the rich farang who live there in huge mansions with pools and all.

Also i think those rich farangs who married the farmers' young daughters should support her whole family...that's what you get  for free when you choose to live there with her, a lovely warm huge extended family who likes to eat....all day long. Don't be so selfish...

After Brexit and now Trump what will happen in Germany, France, Italy, Austria and the Netherlands, perfect situation for Thailand, would not miss out on all the fun eh? The world is turmoil just like Thailand, a great opportunity for Thailand to lead the world forward, I feel a TAT operative starting up!

This may not be the time for a new administration to lead the new world order, lets wait and see.