Can I skip 90 Day Reporting on 25Nov, as flying out on 26Nov?

If you can check in and go between PassPort control then 25 Nov so there is no problem. But if you go between Pass control after midnight of the 25 Nov also 26 Nov, you must pay one day overstay thats now problem, don`t worry be happy man, good luck and good trip.

10 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

If you can check in and go between PassPort control then 25 Nov so there is no problem. But if you go between Pass control after midnight of the 25 Nov also 26 Nov, you must pay one day overstay thats now problem, don`t worry be happy man, good luck and good trip.

OP is not talking about overstay, but 90 day report. There is technically a fine for late reporting (I think up to THB 2000). But the rules say that you can report 14 days before or up to 7 days after reporting date. This gives the IO at the airport the latitude to fine or not fine. I doubt that they would fine him at the airport, but I think it's a gray area.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fstarbkk said:

OP is not talking about overstay, but 90 day report. There is technically a fine for late reporting (I think up to THB 2000). But the rules say that you can report 14 days before or up to 7 days after reporting date. This gives the IO at the airport the latitude to fine or not fine. I doubt that they would fine him at the airport, but I think it's a gray area.

I tell you that NO problem,  have a nice trip, don`t worry be happy :)

Edited by nasa123
  • Like 1

I can only tell what happened to me and I am still puzzled where she got the one day overstay from..

She must have counted from my last stamp on the TM card but taking 3 months is not normal for  a stay in Thailand without any kind of visa or extension

So she herself mixed things up...

• Like 1

Immigration are not daft and they are not out to get you if you are within the rules.

On day 90 you are telling them where you will be for the next 90 days, you won't even be at your address for one of those days so what are you telling them? 

19 hours ago, nasa123 said:

The O/P is asking about 90 day reporting. No one at the airport checks for or cares about 90 day reports. 

19 hours ago, fstarbkk said:

There is no latitude regarding the need to report. If you are in the country for 90 days you must report. The IO at the airport is not going to fine you for not doing the 90 day report. Immigrations at the airport may fine you for overstaying your permission to stay, but that has nothing to do with 90 day reporting

I realize we're all entitled to our opinions, but if you have no idea what you're talking about, it would be better not to post.

You can report before or after the 90 days at your immigrations office, but if you are in the country 90 days you must report. If you don't do the report and you return to Thailand, the next time you need to do anything at your immigration office they could determine that you missed a report and then fine you. But again this is  at the immigration office that you use in your area of residence. It is NOT something that is checked at the airport or border crossing.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Very inaccurate information from the uniformed. Since you are leaving it is considered reporting when you go through immigration checkpoints .
As for one day over the 90 day reporting You are allowed a one week grace period for reporting so since you are only one day over the
90 day reporting you are well within that time period No need to worry
I just did it a few months ago and was over by  2 days no problem when I renewed it at immigration the next 90 day period

The others here do not know what the are talking about 

Your information is inaccurate.
  • Like 2

It is up to you what decision you make. But being today is the 25th you need to move fast or not at all.....though depending on your flight time tomorrow you could report then. If you are in Phuket it takes less than 10 mins to do the report and this would save you 2,000 baht and any future hassles. Your choice. But if you are in Chiang Mai it is supposedly a real hassle etc. enjoy your trip.

1 hour ago, realenglish1 said:

Very inaccurate information from the uniformed. Since you are leaving it is considered reporting when you go through immigration checkpoints .

As for one day over the 90 day reporting You are allowed a one week grace period for reporting so since you are only one day over the

90 day reporting you are well within that time period No need to worry

I just did it a few months ago and was over by  2 days no problem when I renewed it at immigration the next 90 day period

The others here do not know what the are talking about 

If you mean you left the country after being here for 92 days and without doing a report, you are wrong about the grace period. You are allowed a period of time to make the report, but if you are in the country for 90 or more uninterrupted, continuous days, the report must be made. 

If you mean you walked into the office on the 92nd day to make the report, yes you are allowed a grace period to make the report, but as soon as you hit the 90 day mark the report must be made within the allowed time frame.

Your immigration office may not have noticed or maybe couldn't be bothered, but anyone who fails to do a report after being in the country for 90 days is liable to be fined.

I don't know what you mean by "when I renewed it" and doubt that you do either. What are you renewing? 

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

The answer to the OP is, yes you can but there is a chance the missed report may be noticed when you do your first report, 90 days after returning to Thailand.

I was in a similar position earlier this year, although I was 5 days over. I made my report by post, 90 days after I got back, without issue.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

I just asked the same question to my local immigration officer last month.

The answer is "no".

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

In my experience, if you ask the answer is always 'no' .

What you do is entirely up to you, the penalty is 2000 Baht if you get it wrong. I report by mail so would probably shoot the letter off fourteen days before and keep the receipt, but if I forgot and it meant going to Imm. I would probably risk it. Whatever your experience there are no guarentees that it will be repeated, never quote other people, never quote past experience at the official level. The best thing to do is expect to get away with all infringements and let the officer initiate the action, they often use their discretion; don't forget to act as if they had at all times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kabula said:

Save money and headache  - send in the report via registered mail with tracking now.

No problem, no worry - have fun!

The most sensible advice on this thread, even better if your immigration near go there and do it

Seems there are many conflicting views so do the report and you are then 100% safe, remember you can do it a few days early

Do not get screwed up for the matter of one simple report

4 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

I realize we're all entitled to our opinions, but if you have no idea what you're talking about, it would be better not to post.

Very helpful! I will be sure not to post anything anymore on TV from now on, for fear of being dressed down publicly by you (fat chance!) 

You sure told me and I hope it has made your sad day a little brighter, showing the world that you are in fact the smartest guy on the block. 

P.S.: Whatever misconceptions I may have held on this issue were cleared up long ago by ubonjoe in his usual clear, professional and non-judgmental style.

On Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 2:20 PM, nasa123 said:

If you can check in and go betweeit PassPort control then 25 Nov so there is no prthe boarding passnblem. But if you go between Pass control after midnight of the 25 Nov also 26 Nov, you must pay one day overstay thats now problem, don`t worry be happy man, good luck and good trip.

I agree with the first part checking out the country on 25th cause flying on 26 arround 2am (2 hours or max 3 after midnight) being possible to check In the boarding pass 3 hours earlier. But If the flight Is later during day 26 ythen this method could have counterindications.

The problem Instead of overstay doesn't exist not being the case.

But In future being easy to report 90d on line between 15 and 7 days b4 the date, better to do It ( It's free of charge) from any computer and can be the real status of happiness and worry free