Police to set a deadline until end of this month for Dhammachayo to turn himself in

webfact

3 hours ago, Emster23 said:

I love it when they get tough like this and show who is "the man"!

Yes they are selectively tough for sure. Did a film crew slip in and start filming The Life and Times of Monk Dhammachayo? Take 35? They seem to have run out of carrots to coax him out. Funny they are going to proceed with charges without him physical attending? Maybe a TV hookup after he has had breakfast and prayers would work. If and I say if this goes to trial the bookies have a clear cut winning bet. I doubt if politically one judge in the land would want to be the deciding authority of his innocence or guilt. The word Untouchable comes to mind. 

21 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Wouldn't make any difference, here, there - they are untouchable...

far all the police knows he could be sat on a beach in the bahama's, thailand doesnt have an extradition treaty with them.

Edited by meatboy

" He added that the police would give the monk until the end of this month to surrender otherwise the police would proceed with the case to the Office of Attorney General in the same way that the Department of Special of Investigation in the handling of the money laundering and receiving stolen valuable charges against the embattled monk"

So that'll be do nothing then.

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

I really don't think the abbot is a ladyboy..., but if you assume it, I'll be open minded about it.

Too deep was it? Is American your first language by chance?

Edited by silent

3 hours ago, whatproblem said:

After the deadline more extensions,why not at the deadline send the army in and arrest anyone and everyone who gets in the way

History has it that a Thai deadline is simply a nominated date prior to which a new deadline must be set.

3 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Being to rough with this guy could cancel any hope of a decent after life. Being part of any arresting party will surely doom you to being a cockroach the next time around. God I hope there isn't one. 

Still might be a step up the karmic ladder....

22 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Yes they are selectively tough for sure. Did a film crew slip in and start filming The Life and Times of Monk Dhammachayo? Take 35? They seem to have run out of carrots to coax him out. Funny they are going to proceed with charges without him physical attending? Maybe a TV hookup after he has had breakfast and prayers would work. If and I say if this goes to trial the bookies have a clear cut winning bet. I doubt if politically one judge in the land would want to be the deciding authority of his innocence or guilt. The word Untouchable comes to mind. 

Is this the Hindu form of untouchable? 555