Anyone been to The Hangout?

MickeyMaow

9 minutes ago, hml367 said:

Is someone trying to say something informative here or just putting random words together?

Anyway, I went to The Hangout a couple of Sundays ago in the late afternoon. The place was almost empty except for 4 farangs seated around a table. There were (different) sports being shown on a few screens but then there was a problem and ended up with nothing being shown. It looked as if the system neede re-booting but no-one was really interested. The service was average - to- poor, the food was (just) OK, and there was no atmosphere at all. A friend told me that it's better at night with occasional "live" music being played by CM musicians.

Regards,

Joe

2 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Is someone trying to say something informative here or just putting random words together?

Anyway, I went to The Hangout a couple of Sundays ago in the late afternoon. The place was almost empty except for 4 farangs seated around a table. There were (different) sports being shown on a few screens but then there was a problem and ended up with nothing being shown. It looked as if the system neede re-booting but no-one was really interested. The service was average - to- poor, the food was (just) OK, and there was no atmosphere at all. A friend told me that it's better at night with occasional "live" music being played by CM musicians.

Regards,

Joe

Doesn't sound like a great place to hang out, the irony of it :cheesy:

1 minute ago, stament said:

E/S is a member and has a few threads on this his favourie watering hole. Have a search and you will see plenty of posts. 

Agreed - was covered pretty well.....But the one poster above summed up what I experienced there....

Once KFC gets rolling it's going to draw the heavy traffic.....

Might have a chance as a bar as a night venue or it will be short lived....It's not in a drunks corridor & waaay off the beaten track for such.....Good dining is not exactly a hallmark for Kad Farang....

47 minutes ago, stament said:

E/S is a member and has a few threads on this his favourie watering hole. Have a search and you will see plenty of posts.

Stamsy my good cobber, one thread only  started by me ,which was put up  on this thread, (post #2), and

you were the biggest contribitor to that thread and leading again on this thread LOL.

BTW

my favourite watering hole,is not The  Hangout but  the Four Seasons  Resort Maerim, perhaps too up market for you

and besides have nt been to the Hangout since Halloween  Nite, early  November with a few beautiful Maerimites,

the  Hangout is not the venue for God,s Waiting  Room crowd, but the IN crowd who enjoy fantabalous live music,and having  a good time

its  a  Beautiful Maerimite, good morning to all

Saturday nights are pretty good, reasonable crowd, live music and food not to bad if you know what to order (hint stay away from the Thai food). Service is attentive. Some girls speak not to much English, if you don't speak Thai there is always the head waitress who is bilingual so any misunderstandings are easy solved.

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

Stamsy my good cobber, one thread only  started by me ,which was put up  on this thread, (post #2), and

you were the biggest contribitor to that thread and leading again on this thread LOL.

BTW

my favourite watering hole,is not The  Hangout but  the Four Seasons  Resort Maerim, perhaps too up market for you

and besides have nt been to the Hangout since Halloween  Nite, early  November with a few beautiful Maerimites,

the  Hangout is not the venue for God,s Waiting  Room crowd, but the IN crowd who enjoy fantabalous live music,and having  a good time

its  a  Beautiful Maerimite, good morning to all

Quite right sir, FS is far too upmarket for me. Do they show the Premier League live there?

10 hours ago, stament said: "ES is a member"

Can I ask, ES a "member" of what, is The Hangout a club? I thought it was just a bar with mediocre food. (OR, do "members" get better food / service and a working TV)?

Unfortunately I don't see the "IN" crowd driving circa 10k's on a regular basis (even to enjoy fantabalous live music, and having  a good time) when there are similar / better entertainment venues in Chiang Mai city.

It might also be wise not to so casually dismiss the "God's Waiting Room Crowd". They are precisely the sort of customers who can provide added revenue during the daytime when the "IN" crowd are recovering from the night before.

Regards,

Joe

10 hours ago, Shoeless Joe said:

the above

perhaps the members question should be directed at Stament, as E/S is not a member of The Hangout at Handong

nor do i  receive any special priviledges,  more then any other punter who patronises, The Hangout

as for your entitled views and opinions, no skin off  E/S nose, have a nice day

its a Thin Lizzy good morning to all

15 hours ago, evenstevens said:

perhaps the members question should be directed at Stament, as E/S is not a member of The Hangout at Handong

nor do i  receive any special priviledges,  more then any other punter who patronises, The Hangout

as for your entitled views and opinions, no skin off  E/S nose, have a nice day

its a Thin Lizzy good morning to all

I meant you are a TV member not a member of The Hangout ?

• 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, MadMac said:

No idea what that is, but it looks desperate everywhere. Yummy's is supposedly for sale too,

Heard it has been for a few years....I believe at one time a few years back it was around 4-5 million.....

Don't recall where I saw the ad.....

On 2/1/2017 at 4:40 PM, sirmud63 said:

bit off topic ,but along the same lines, does anybody know whats gong on with nikky and papa rock?

last i looked,it was looking bit desperate also.?

Chatting with him I dont think theres any special changes afoot.. 

I would say hes had some staffing issues a month or so back and theres been some ups and downs with opening times and possibly even quality levels as hes been off playing in the band and staff just dont seem able to maintain anything unless hes doing it all.. I have seen some complaints which I would guess is due to the issues mentioned. 

Hes a good lad is Nicky and turns out great grub, but really could benefit from scaling up enough to have some decent staff to not be so 100% reliant on him doing it all.. and yet maintain his quality..  Its kind of in that catch 22 situation. 

Archived