Drain rod

Morakot

I use 1/2 inch blue plastic water pipe to clear those kind of drains.

The pipe is flexible enough to get down into the hole and you can join lengths together using the normal pipe fittings, don't glue them just push tightly together so you can dismantle the pipe after use. 

Have not bothered with attaching any plungers or scrapers to the pipe but as it's hollow water pipe you can attach a hose pipe to the end and flush the drain as you push the pipe into the drain.

Works for me.

:smile:

4 minutes ago, upside said:

Tried sticking your arm down there first Morakot? 

Yes, but it's limited in length... :smile:

Stuck even my head in once, when I built it. :ph34r:

0ba992e59ed028f436f20d5dd297745e-1.jpg

Edited by Morakot

How about using a flexible garden hose with a fixed high-pressure nozzle connected to a running water supply ...do a bit of strip mining inside the pipe. So long as you have *some* water flow through the pipe it shouldn't back up too badly.   

This is a good idea. But I'm not sure how to attach a plunger or scraper.

Was for me the cheapest option for in-house sanitar installation like sink, shower : or all piping below 2".

External sewage can be done with jet cleaning with a random karcher. The flexible jet hose is available in LoS.

341616d328427d4881ef16468f65c4cb.jpg

b1ed137f2cd1b5a5b1d58735d2534706.jpg

e0bf14fc687e8dba44f84e178e6e89f2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

15 hours ago, RichCor said:

How about using a flexible garden hose with a fixed high-pressure nozzle connected to a running water supply ...do a bit of strip mining inside the pipe. So long as you have *some* water flow through the pipe it shouldn't back up too badly.   

Your regular garden hose isn't stiff enough, even with water pressure inside it will crinkle up along the way. Sometimes by twisting it you can get it in a few more inches but as soon as it meets an obstruction it will just go no further.

That's why 1/2 in blue plastic water pipe is better. It's flexible enough to go into the hole but stiff enough push against any obstruction in the pipe, and by attaching hosepipe to the open end you can flush the drain as you go.

If a build up of sludge is the main problem you can get your local Honey Wagon guys to put their suction pipe down into the drain and get rid of just about anything.

7 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Your regular garden hose isn't stiff enough ...

The garden hose you have access to must be different from what they offer as garden host up here in Chiang Khong ...I hate this stuff because it's so stiff. But I was really suggesting this as a low tech / low cost option to try, something that would navigate that first bend to get access to the obstruction in the pipe. 

Thorgal also had a good suggestion. One might even be able to do a DYI and build something similar with a short-ish length of 1/2"  pipe with an glued encap and drill some small holes to create your own multi-port high-pressure nozzle that can be connect it to a stiff water hose (or blue PVC pipe) that can navigate into the drain line from above.

Though, if the blockage is made up of red clay, garden debris or discarded Leo cans then you may need something a bit more industrial to chew through it.