Foot problems

BLACKJACK2

ISTR that there was a (foreign?) doctor that set up a podiatric practice in Bangkok.  I thought I had noted the name, but can't seem to find it now.  So, for both the OP and for my own potential future need, anybody know if this doctor is still there?

There was an orthotics clinic, I think still ins, but not IFIRC a podatrist.

Podiatrists are very rare in Thailand. However, corns and warts can be managed by a GP or dermatologist. Who can be found in every hospital.

If OP will tell me specifically what province he lives in, I can suggest a hospital. The map which appears to be pointing to 5 different provinces is of no help.

I had the callus (for some reason Thais call it a corn) surgically removed from the bottom of of foot 12 days ago.. I had it done by a surgeon at the Thai government hospital in Chainat.  He removed it and cauterized the tissue around the edges like I thought that he would. I had a wound through the callus a year and a half that would not heal  and I had previously been to three hospitals and 6 doctors.  I had one removed on the other foot years ago the same way but the doctor that did it retired and I couldn't find anyone to do it without traveling to Bangkok and paying an arm and a leg.  The cost was negotiated on the operating table and hit a whooping 2605 baht including an xray and medication for a deep joint infection.

I'm usually urging people who don't want to, to travel to Bangkok for care. But for something this minor, it really seems you should be able to get it managed locally. Have you tried the Army Hospital in Kanchanaburi?

If you are set on travelling, from Kanchanaburi probably the closest private hospitals that I would recommend would be Chaophya, Thonburi or Thonburi 2 Hospitals, all in the Thonburi area.  Or you could try the Golden Jubilee Medical Center in Salaya - it is government, but university-affiliated and usually not too crowded, and nice facilities.

None of these places is going to have a podiatrist, you'll be seen by a dermatologist.

Thanks, i'll put them to my wife.

I know it doesn't sound much but a verucca on the sole of your foot hurts, i've been going backwards and forwards to England for 6 months and they still haven't gotten rid of it, now my wife has 2 and they worse than mine. 

On 12/2/2016 at 3:30 AM, BLACKJACK2 said:

Thanks, i'll put them to my wife.

I know it doesn't sound much but a verucca on the sole of your foot hurts, i've been going backwards and forwards to England for 6 months and they still haven't gotten rid of it, now my wife has 2 and they worse than mine. 

I have had surgery three times to remove plantar warts from my foot done twice by general surgeons at BNH, and once before that in the USA.  The recurrences were several years apart, so not sure if they were related.  Have you considered (or had) surgery?  Recovery is a P.I.T.A. because walking is quite painful, but after a week (? can't remember just how long) it was a blessing to be rid of the blight.

The surgery itself is painless, but the needle with which they inject the anaesthetic is a b*tch!

• 4 weeks later...

Thats what i wanted surgery, messed about in uk for 6 months thinking they would fix it but all i've done is put up with 6 months of pain, it got to the point where it wasn't just walking but i couldn't sleep on a night.

Anyway we had to go to Ban Pong so i thought i'd call in to the San Camillo hospital just to see what they'd say. The doctor spoke good English, said i can do it now. 1hr later i hobbled out, best 2600bt i've ever spent. I agree about that injection in the bottom of your foot, WOW, nearly went through the roof. 2 weeks sitting in my garden with my foot up, brilliant.

Archived