Bus Transporting 28 Tourists Overturns in Koh Samui Injuring 10

webfact

4 hours ago, hdkane said:

so many of thailand's most obvious problems, such as the daily carnage and the open corruption of the police,  would be easy to fix...the apathy of the government is stunning...

Fair go. They are busy dressing up in their fake brand name fashion sportswear doing their exercises. That's top priority is at the moment.

Can't be doing everything!

4 hours ago, TSF said:

The Chinese will be getting fed up with all this soon and cease coming to this death-trap country. Then how will the TAT's glowing tourism figures look? 

BTW: I've noticed a marked decrease in Chinese tourists in Pattaya these past couple of months. So perhaps this has already begun

Eh have you ever been to China? Their roads are even more dangerous than here! 

10 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

These articles never surprise me any more.

The sheer number of accidents involving buses is incredible, and most, if not all, must have something to do with the driver's lack of ability to handle them.

I'm surprised there were only 30 Chinese in the bus. Normally they would rent and put many more for cheaper price per head.

6 hours ago, Beats56 said:

Another day, another bus accident. 

And another pea brained driver. Where do the bus companies find them? Where do the drivers get their licenses from - Khao San Rd, internet, lottery or a birthday gift? Just to name some possible sources.

Upon seeing the headline I assumed it was going to be the safari trucks with punters on the roofs again as seen on the mountain road daily during the last fortnight. I guess that'll be next week....

& yes the majority appeared Chinese, as do the idiots on chicken chasers currently wobbling all over the place while doing U turns etc on the most dangerous roads in the Kingdom.

14 hours ago, sahibji said:

thank God it did not turn out to be too serious. it appears to be the driver's error of judgement based on the report. he should have regulated his speed while negotiating the curve. fatigue, drugs or plain negligence?

How about total lack of skill and no instruction on how to drive, plus all of your suggestions and alcohol and Red Bull.

Same old story day after day...:violin:

9 hours ago, Redline said:

I won't take too many more of these to make the Chinese hesitant to come here.  Word spreads like wildfire over there, and they tend to follow each other.  They better do something, or soon they will be giving discounted air tickets, and free visas from Africa and North Korea.

And free flights from Syria, Afghanistan etc?

6 hours ago, lvr181 said:

And another pea brained driver. Where do the bus companies find them? Where do the drivers get their licenses from - Khao San Rd, internet, lottery or a birthday gift? Just to name some possible sources.

Actually I believe they are issued by the government department (LTA or something) and they cost  ฿100 if you take a "test" (not worthy of the word test), or ฿200 if you don't want to.

Unless someone has an update?

On 28/11/2016 at 7:03 AM, sahibji said:

thank God it did not turn out to be too serious. it appears to be the driver's error of judgement based on the report. he should have regulated his speed while negotiating the curve. fatigue, drugs or plain negligence?

All 3

On 11/28/2016 at 5:18 AM, khunPer said:

There are indeed some very sharp curves and steep road by Chaweng Noi Viewpoint, and if raining one need to be particularly attentive and keep a low speed – Samui-roads are not intended for big busses...

There were also a few periods of very heavy rain on Sunday evening that would have made it virtually impossible to drive safely let alone on that road.

On 27/11/2016 at 9:48 PM, drgoon said:

This will be yet another nail in the zero dollar tourist numbers.

I know accidents can happen but really..... how difficult is it to drive to the conditions. 

30+ years in heavy transport and not once have I lost control of my vehicle. 

The difference between a trained driver and a untrained driver is so glaringly obvious isn't it?  Farang like you should team up with big guy in Thailand and start a special training school for Thai drivers. You do need the big guy for this business, so that depends on your luck in knowing one or getting introduce to one. Without the big guy you will get no way in Thailand.

It would be good business I am sure looking at all these accidents. But are the companies willing to send them for training? So the big guy will get the government to make it mandatory, see why you need the big guy?

Archived