Phuket Russian tourists injured as bus goes off-road

webfact

Phuket Russian tourists injured as bus goes off-road

Eakkapop Thongtub

1480303115_1-org.jpg

Three Russian tourists were taken to hospital after the Phuket-bound bus went off-road in Khok Kloi, Phang Nga. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Three Russian tourists were taken to hospital after the bus they were travelling in crashed into a verge at Khok Kloi, Phang Nga, yesterday afternoon (Nov 27).

The driver, 26-year-old Inthonkorn Janrasklang, said the bus’ brakes failed as he approached the Intersection near the Khok Kloi Bus Station at about 2pm.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-russian-tourists-injured-as-bus-goes-off-road-60034.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-28

What else can the driver say - would he tell the truth and prove that he is a fool for bad driving, driving too fast, DUI, whatever ...

To be honest I said the same 45 years ago when I banged my bus into the back of a slower moving car. Sure I said something wrong with brakes, but the reality was I was going fast down a hill with too many passengers onboard. 

58 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

why do the cops never check the brakes on these buses, just take the imbecile drivers word for it

I'll take a shot, it's much easier just to nod the head and agree then to do someone else's job and also make the driver lose face.  Take the easy way out with the least amount of energy and brain power required.

Every now and again it would be good to hear the other side of the story from the passengers. However, the journalists simply print what is relayed to them by the cops. The cops like to keep the message nice and simple. It keeps the process of extraction of money from the guilty parties (and anybody else who happens to have any) free of complications.

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

why do the cops never check the brakes on these buses, just take the imbecile drivers word for it

Because its actually the job of the Land Transport Office (LTO) and the nearest proper inspection facility (for buses) is in Bangkok? By the way the LTO CGIF either!

Edited by Psimbo

53 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Because its actually the job of the Land Transport Office (LTO) and the nearest proper inspection facility (for buses) is in Bangkok? By the way the LTO CGIF either!

I see plenty of heavy truck and buses queued up the  Phuket LTO for annual testing. There is some sort of roller rig for checking brakes ... just as the test places do for cars. Also exhaust emission test, and routine visual inspection, lights, horn, etc.

10 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

What else can the driver say - would he tell the truth and prove that he is a fool for bad driving, driving too fast, DUI, whatever ...

To be honest I said the same 45 years ago when I banged my bus into the back of a slower moving car. Sure I said something wrong with brakes, but the reality was I was going fast down a hill with too many passengers onboard. 

ah ha, you are a Thai person then, despite your avatar and name?  :whistling:  :smile: