Police threaten to charge ‘Farang BaanNok’ for posting rant, so he apologizes

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

You are ALWAYS wrong if you are a farang. Doesn't this man KNOW that??? :sleep:

Not really. Some years ago i was involved in late evening fight with another farlang. It happened in lowkey thai town where things are dealt with oldskool. Police were called to the scene and interrogated me. I explained in thai it was a farang-thing hard to explain in thai BUT the other guy had insulted and i lost face. They all nodded and said they understood and would NOT fine us 500thb/each because we were farang and have different customs, i kid you not. I told the guy to wai at them and shake my hand. I waid as well. We all left... it's positive discrimination and happens quite OFTEN in los!

Not all aftermarket exhausts are loud eg Motad do motorcycle aftermarket exhausts which are at least as quiet as the original and are legal and pass MOT tests. Bikers buy them because they are often cheaper than the genuine ones. Wonder if they really tested it with a decibel meter?

27 minutes ago, katana said:

Not all aftermarket exhausts are loud eg Motad do motorcycle aftermarket exhausts which are at least as quiet as the original and are legal and pass MOT tests. Bikers buy them because they are often cheaper than the genuine ones. Wonder if they really tested it with a decibel meter?

Does it matter he lied about it so he has no defence 

7 hours ago, baboon said:

Deport him? Hardly proportionate.

Begin with him and then everybody else can follow. Peopler advocating deportation without else insurance are low hanging fruit. 

Deport him so the government can focus on people that use Thai nominees to own land illegally.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

In the other post about this man some members mocked my comments.

I will say again farangs should keep quiet live under the radar, not mouthing off on social media.

Charge the clown, then maybe he will learn to shut up.

I don't think this is true. If people stick their necks out then this stuff can't be hidden. Some teenage boy is getting flack for posting on social media while the cops get to hide behind it. 

I don't really care what they say to me or if I can live here anymore but there isn't much difference between kneeling down and bending over these days.

6 hours ago, anotheruser said:

I don't think this is true. If people stick their necks out then this stuff can't be hidden. Some teenage boy is getting flack for posting on social media while the cops get to hide behind it. 

I don't really care what they say to me or if I can live here anymore but there isn't much difference between kneeling down and bending over these days.

But he lied when he stuck his neck out for what I can only presume is more views on his you tube account.

Here we have several points...I drive car and motorbike in 25 years been stopped 12 times for speeding and guess what all what Police did was right as I was speeding..not once any Officer had been inpolite to me as Foreigner...the fine had been 9 times paid on spot and 3 times at office none of these fines ever extorted the wrongdoing actually spot on.

So in my case experience 98% that the Police did not being wrong to stop me and 2% could be argued but we do not argue in our homecountry.

If somebody had bad experience which I believe the first question is the detailed why....like in this case as it had been more details to be said.

Posting wrongdoing and than find out he was twice wrong does not shine well on his character.

What I would like to know is, why don't the police crack down all these very noisy lorries and buses that are possibly louder than this guys motorbike, and that are belching out clouds of filthy smelly black smoke that must contravene emission regulations.

Do these vehicles ever get tested?

Btw, I know that TiT, so that probably excuses the police and the authorities.

1 minute ago, monspencer said:

What I would like to know is, why don't the police stop all these very noisy lorries and buses that are possibly louder than this guys motorbike, and that are belching out clouds of filthy smelly black smoke that must contravene emission regulations.

Do these vehicles ever get tested?

Btw, I know that TiT, so that probably excuses the police and the authorities.

I have seen lorries and busses pulled over at police road blocks. ones I've followed down to block spewing out smoke problem is when they get down to low speeds on approach to block it's a normal noise sound and the smoking exhaust has ceased. They must call each other on phones and let people know where the blocks are? I have seen police on bikes hide in tree line on road and as lorries ect pass there on there radio to tell the block. 

15 hours ago, rijb said:

All will be forgiven if he becomes a monk.

Hes already been a monk.

Im out on this .. He got his publicity, the police just pump out a load of crock to justify pulling him over.

A fair story for the police, but he could ask about the millions of other illegal bikes and cars with unlicensed drivers every other day of the year, but where's the evidence, the pipe wasn't mentioned to be illegal, just loud - so where's the db meter. No number plate .. Jeez, how many un roadworthy pickups drive in Issan.

No one would need to make videos of these guys applied their made-up laws across the board, but they don't. 

16 hours ago, Strange said:

8 Years and I have never been stopped and had my motorcycle checked for decibels and I have had some loud ones. 

Anyone had that done? 

This all sounds like a bunch of BS to me, and police intimidation won. The infuriating thing is allowing 10,000 'modified' bikes to roll past but pick out whitey in Isaan and hoe slap him for 1000 baht. 

Hold on a minute! The police have explained their implementation of the law and the guy apologised. It's clear that he was in the wrong in this case. Looks like you have a chip on your shoulder. Jai yen yen krap!!

I'd love for that policeman who is serving the public to come to my soi in my village where there are usually speeding dump trucks going by even after I reported and complained to the police, the amphur, the Thailand noise pollution dept., my lawyer, and the headman, and of course the contractor who is tearing apart a "public" mountain for tons of dirt they sell for millions of baht.

1 hour ago, djayz said:

Another clown who feels that every event in his boring day needs to be recorded and shared with the whole world... 

Lots of those clowns became zillionaires by sharing their boring days.

They all started somewhere...

16 hours ago, zydeco said:

And before it's all over, it might make his stay a lot shorter than he would have wanted. Sometimes it's better not to understand. Or be understood.  Never a good idea to try and one up the cops in any language.

superb rationalizations and excuses to not learn the language of the country you live in

27 minutes ago, claffey said:

Hold on a minute! The police have explained their implementation of the law and the guy apologised. It's clear that he was in the wrong in this case. Looks like you have a chip on your shoulder. Jai yen yen krap!!

Not that clear.  I'd probably apologize publicly, too if it meant the difference between being jailed and/or deported or being left alone.  Even if I hadn't fibbed.  Eating undeserved crow is a lot easier and cheaper than paying someone to bring me food in a Thai jail.

16 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Whilst I agree. It's supposed to be good guys in bad guys out. The Guy lied got caught out and apologised so in my book he got fined paid his due's and apologised. But if you follow the TV trend he should be hung drawn and quartered  fed to the pigs then deported?

He would be deported, once the pork was exported.

17 hours ago, zydeco said:

Fine and deport.

Are you for real??

Deport? for complaining about a traffic ticket, something every person in the world does as a ' hobby! '

I hope you were intending that as sarcasm or being ironic!

And Thai policemen never lie, exaggerate or bend the truth, do they?

4 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Are you for real??

Deport? for complaining about a traffic ticket, something every person in the world does as a ' hobby! '

I hope you were intending that as sarcasm or being ironic!

And Thai policemen never lie, exaggerate or bend the truth, do they?

And farang never lie or bend the truth oe exaggerate to suit there needs as in this case do they!

16 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

You are ALWAYS wrong if you are a farang. Doesn't this man KNOW that??? :sleep:

Nearly always.
I had a minor accident years back. Turning right onto a dual-carriageway. Hit a motorcycle taxi who pulled out from a stand with a passnger on the back.He drove into me just as I was turning right, slow impact, no injury. He got up and started cursing me, the passenger ran off. Another motorcylist from the taxi stand rush over and asked his mate, "Have you sobered up yet?"

Police arrived. We all went down to the police station, where the duty inspector berated the motorbike taxi for pulling out into the traffic without looking.Fined him 400 Baht and impounded his brand new bike until he had settled with my insurance company the damage to the front bumper - 3,000 Baht.

I thought that was a result, didn't even have to play my ace about him being drunk.

17 hours ago, Strange said:

8 Years and I have never been stopped and had my motorcycle checked for decibels and I have had some loud ones. 

Anyone had that done? 

This all sounds like a bunch of BS to me, and police intimidation won. The infuriating thing is allowing 10,000 'modified' bikes to roll past but pick out whitey in Isaan and hoe slap him for 1000 baht. 

If the RTP wanted to make a fortune fining those with excessive noise exhaust, come on down to Sukhumvit Road around Thong Lo, there could be enough money for a new Mercedes for everyone.

Archived