Police threaten to charge ‘Farang BaanNok’ for posting rant, so he apologizes

webfact

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Dude, did you even look at the bike in question? Did you even look at the exhaust in question? 

Do you think an apology, under threat of RTP, is an apology in its best & most honest form? 

Why the hell are you so ready to hang him high? 

Dude he's a liar dude did you even read the article dude he was in the wrong dude

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/29/2016 at 4:01 PM, Deepinthailand said:

Reading the article it was found to be non standard which he says himself as well.

Quote "

Following the report, Farang BaanNok released an apology video.

"I feel bad and I'd like to apologize to the police,” he said in his latest video.

“If you’re thinking about enhancing your exhaust pipe, don't do it. It disturbs other people."

well thought of sherlock 

28 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Dude he's a liar dude did you even read the article dude he was in the wrong dude

WHAT DID HE LIE ABOUT? 

So what if he did have a swapped pipe? Was it over 95Db? 

Dude paid the fine, then complained about it, then got threatened, and had to apologize, and you want to hang him high and not the police? 

Craziness. 

1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

And your point Is?? just quoting what the man said. Dr Watson

Do you have some insight as to weather or not the bike was actually modified and above 95 Db? 

What the shit do you actually know? 

Yeah, he said the bike had a different pipe, under threat of Computer Crimes Act, but does that itself mean that it was over 95 Db? 

Dang man whats your problem? 

So many posts in this thread are unbelievable. 

Even if his bike was modified with a swapped pipe, over 95 Db. 

1000 Baht? In Isaan? Somchais rolling around everywhere with absolutely zero muffler/straight pipe exhaust, how many get hit for 1000 baht at checkpoints. 

37 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

I certainly hope you get gouged for the utmost maximum fine possible for the most insignificant infraction. Better yet, maximum fine for absolutely nothing because there is nothing you can do about it. 

Then get deported. 

5 hours ago, BirdsandBooze said:

Mr BaanNok has a new Triumph 900 Bonneville. A dealer option at purchase is to have a Triumph approved not for road use exhaust fitted. These official silencers are clearly marked 'for off-road use only'. Perhaps it is these his bike was fitted with.

Are you sure? The Triumph 900 Bonneville is not an off road bike and would probably not be much good or fun riding off road on a dirt track etc.

23 minutes ago, Strange said:

I certainly hope you get gouged for the utmost maximum fine possible for the most insignificant infraction. Better yet, maximum fine for absolutely nothing because there is nothing you can do about it. 

Then get deported. 

DUDE calm down Dude you'll have a heart attack. go have another beer things will look beeter to you then. My goodness what a hiss fit your having. I'm telling the truth but as they say the truth hurts don't it Dude. Ps read my post nowhere do I say deport him in fact I say quite the opposite. cheers Dude

10 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

DUDE calm down Dude you'll have a heart attack. go have another beer things will look beeter to you then. My goodness what a hiss fit your having. I'm telling the truth but as they say the truth hurts don't it Dude. Ps read my post nowhere do I say deport him in fact I say quite the opposite. cheers Dude

So you got nothing but mockery and his public apology forced by the RTP under threat of prosecution. 

Seems legit. 

What is amusing me of late is all the calls for deporting people. Deport this guy, deport Nate, deport whoever. All of this coming from people in precarious visa situations to say the least.

They see no problem crying" deport the bastard" with no reason or due process and can't see the irony of what position this leaves them in if removing foreigners on a whim becomes standard practice. Some of the low hanging fruit should not be hoping the orchard gets too much windier. 

Not responding to you Stranger as your deport comment was in sarcasm. 

1 hour ago, Strange said:

So you got nothing but mockery and his public apology forced by the RTP under threat of prosecution. 

Seems legit. 

Listen Dude I speak as I find I have read the article and am comenting on those, were you there? if so please speak up and tell us all what happened. You seem to have an agenda but I can assure you it will not be with me. If you can't be bothered to post anything factual as I have done feel free to trot on Dude. 

On 11/29/2016 at 4:28 PM, Chip Allen said:

You are ALWAYS wrong if you are a farang. Doesn't this man KNOW that??? :sleep:

You need to stop living in the past. Things have moved on considerably even though they are still not perfect.

12 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Listen Dude I speak as I find I have read the article and am comenting on those, were you there? if so please speak up and tell us all what happened. You seem to have an agenda but I can assure you it will not be with me. If you can't be bothered to post anything factual as I have done feel free to trot on Dude. 

More mockery. The death throws of defeat.

It aggravates me when people are all "Hang em High" for nothing. Yeah he apologized, but why are you so hell bent on disregarding the threat of prosecution? Disregarding the actual bike? The actual fact that his bike was never actually checked for Db level, but fined based on Db level? 

Then complains about it, then gets threatened by the police. 

6 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

You need to stop living in the past. Things have moved on considerably even though they are still not perfect.

Id say they have gone downhill over the last 8 years, and a whole lot more in the last 1 year. 

8 minutes ago, Strange said:

More mockery. The death throws of defeat.

It aggravates me when people are all "Hang em High" for nothing. Yeah he apologized, but why are you so hell bent on disregarding the threat of prosecution? Disregarding the actual bike? The actual fact that his bike was never actually checked for Db level, but fined based on Db level? 

Then complains about it, then gets threatened by the police. 

Goodbye dreamer.

I will sign of this thread now as there is an obvious agenda by a STRANGE person to attack everything I write even though I only quoted the truth, in a vein  attempt I expect of a reprisal post so he can call the mods in. Sorry Dude not happening xx But you go on to tell everybody now you won 555555

8 Years and I have never been stopped and had my motorcycle checked for decibels and I have had some loud ones. 

Anyone had that done? 

This all sounds like a bunch of BS to me, and police intimidation won. The infuriating thing is allowing 10,000 'modified' bikes to roll past but pick out whitey in Isaan and hoe slap him for 1000 baht. 

Doesn't matter much whether others get away with it or that he is white. He is guilty of deliberate noise pollution and driving without a license plate. The police are right to fine him and, if gets himself into more serious trouble by ranting online about it, he only has himself to blame.

Absolute rubbish. I see Harleys.ridden by Thais with aftermarket screaming eagle pipes that go through road blocks like the Virgin Mary. There exhaust pipe rubbish is a huge scam reserved mainly for foreigners. Have a look at the Thais driving smoke pumps. Blowing that much pollution through the exhaust.  The RTP seem to overlook this lol. Half these vehicles are unfit for the roads. I not apologize sorry. In fact it is legal to change a exhaust as long as it not exceed the DB required level. I have a testing paper from the DLT. They all should be posted in a western country and taught how  the real world operates.

On 11/29/2016 at 4:34 PM, Kasset Tak said:

There are limits on the noise pollution that a motor cycle are aloud to make and anything that is lauder than that is illegal, aftermarket or something that you can order on the factory checklist doesn't matter as its the amount of dB your motorcycle produce!

They have had 2 drives so far this year where they checked: noise, lights, brakes and so on here in the ampoe. They even had the students start their motorcycles in the college parking lot with about 30 being deemed illegal and had to be restored to be closer to original and 4 even deemed TOO illegal/broken (one had a cracked frame with only 2 cm weld holding the front and back together) to get back on the road so they were confiscated!

And about the ticket I have heard that they have some strange rules here in Thailand...

If the driver don't use seat belt = 1,000 Baht

If you as a passenger don't use seat belt = 1,000 Baht

If the driver use seat belt but not the passenger = 2,000 Baht as the driver should tell the passenger to use seat belt and and the same goes the other way around!

I can't find anything about seatbelt offences on the Thai traffic Police website?

http://www.trafficpolice.go.th/fine.php

And all references on forums state a 500 Baht fine - certainly no mention of your last sentence.

20 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

From his own mouth in the origional post 

"I feel bad and I'd like to apologize to the police,” he said in his latest video.

“If you’re thinking about enhancing your exhaust pipe, don't do it. It disturbs other people."

Sounds like a dodging the bullet statement

Archived